How do you fund your hobby???

cirrusdawg

Draftsman/ cnc programmer. Worked on many interesting jobs, CNN American morning set, national geographic channel, the movie changing lanes (ben aflackk sat at one of the desks i designed and programmed. my job is never dull always something new!!!

J

jdragunas

Originally Posted by Roofis
Well, I'm a student, in the

[hr]
business, but what makes my money is selling Louis vuitton wallets on ----. :eek:)

How are you enjoying the

[hr]
business. When you say you're a student, does that mean you're still in school, and kinda interning at a

[hr]
company? Or are you taking broker classes? Just curious... What do you plan on doing with your

[hr]
knowledge?

Jenn

hedonic

Im a LFS employee. I don't know if that is taboo or something in this forum. I have only read a few others posting-people who are also LFS employee's. Well I am not promothing them anyway. Really I work there for the discount which makes maintaining my 55gal/30gal sump/refugium and 29gal/10gal sump a lot easier. I also do frsh/saltwater tank maitenence and in the summer months I install, clean, maintain outdoor fish ponds. Like the moderator I clear around $300 a month doing this. Although in may and june when I am installing fish ponds that is much higher. That little boost is much needed as being a LFS employee is not exactly going to bump me into the next tax bracket.
My real plan is to get my fish jones taken care of, then I will work at Guitar Center and get my music jones taken care of, then it doesn't matter because all my freetime will be happily spent jamming and playing with fishies. Really though, I am pursuing my masters in expeirmental psychology (
) and day dream of being a novelist.

crashedin0

thought about it and even toured a campous of a tech school (automotive related)
and looking at the yearly salary of both jobs and my exp with weld ing i decided to
weld and little by little learn the auto stuff on my own ride
i hav picked the two most expensive hobbies out there
swf and car tuning :notsure:

mudplayerx

I smuggle mexicans across the border. Not only do they fund my hobby, one has agreed to take my online college spanish class for me LOL

fishy7

Senior credit anaylst for a midsized co.
pay is decent but get bored often.....
Hey I have an idea. Lets start a business, since there are so many people out there with good ideas....
What would be your dream business, if you had the opportunity to start one........
Mine would be to own a little bar in the bahamas and meet tons of people just having fun on vacaton!!!!!! how many poeple are in a bad mood on vacation?

puffer32

Originally Posted by FISHY7
Senior credit anaylst for a midsized co.
pay is decent but get bored often.....
Hey I have an idea. Lets start a business, since there are so many people out there with good ideas....
What would be your dream business, if you had the opportunity to start one........
Mine would be to own a little bar in the bahamas and meet tons of people just having fun on vacaton!!!!!! how many poeple are in a bad mood on vacation?
Now i like that idea!
I would like to manage a margarettaville someplace warm, and listen to Buffett music all day long

moraymike

I'm an environmental consultant... I do air permitting, storm water work, pipeline work, industrial waste management, site assessments, etc.

farmboy

Hey Mike!
For 100 bonus points, can anyone name the John Wayne movie in which a fight scene suddenly ended with the words, "Have you ever been to Nacogdoches?" Second man: "No." First man: "Strange. . . "

tim_12

I deliver drywall and other building supplies. I've been doing it for about a year and a half working full time. I live with my parents and all I have to pay for is my car insurance and gas, so I have a lot of extra money to spend. I'm going back to school next Tuesday actually. I'll be taking an entry level Millwright course. I'm sort of entertaining the idea of getting my certificate, working in the field for a few years then going back to school for a buisness degree and opening up my own millwright company. I hope my tank can survive through the 5 yerars of school.

pbienkiewi

I do security 2nd shift. That pays my bills. I trade the stock market for my extra $$$. It pays for alot extra too.

fishy7

Puffer32,
Now you are talking........ warm with fun in the sun......

Wake up each day to a nice sunny start with the waves crashing and to boot no suits or ties required!
ohhh what a nice business/job to have.....

ezee

Hey all!
Technology Coach for an investment bank. I communicate to people about technology, advise them on technology decisions and train them on the use of various tools. Fast paced, pretty demanding and lots of politics but usually is very fulfilling.
E

crashedin0

i couldnt work at a bar i am prone to alcohalism sp?
to many problem cant be solved at the bottom of a vodka bottle
but you just seem to keep tring