How Many (gph) From Tank To Sump???

wax32

MH is metal halide... my light. Bacteria lives in your LR and breaks down fish pee and poo(ammonia) to nitrites and then different bacteria, also in your LR, breaks it down to nitrates. You get rid of nitrates by doing water changes and by growing macro-algae in your fuge which eats the nitrates, you then prune the algae and throw it away... thereby throwing away the nitrates.

pontius

Anthony, live rock and live sand will filter your tank.
all you need is live rock, live sand, a protein skimmer. plus, you're using a fuge, so that's extra filtration. you'll be all set.
later on, you may decide on some add on's like a phosphate remover or UV sterilizer, but for no, go with the basics.

wax32

Yup.
I think he is mainly wondering about my lack of a hang on back type filter like an Emperor, which isn't needed.

anthony17

well i have to get up - 5 in the morning to go to work "bout 5 hours from now" so im going to bed thanks for all your help tonight and i really appreciate it very much ill think :thinking: of something else you can help me with for tomorrow
LOL
THANKS
ANTHONY

wax32

I'm nodding out myself, was just waiting for my wife to get home from work. And she's home now, so I can go to bed.