How many of you Ride Horses???

seannmelly

Horses are my first love, second are my saltwater fish. Just curious to see how many other people ride or own horses!!
Melly

sea horse

I LOVE to ride!!!
I used to own horses and I rode western. But I had to sell them because my mom said they took up too much time. Then I got a mini horse but eventualy sold him too because he got too mean. And most resently I took english riding lessons for abot 2 months. I want to learn how to jump someday too. Sigh...hopfuly someday soon.

seannmelly

Originally Posted by sea horse
I LOVE
to ride!!!
I used to own horses and I rode western. But I had to sell them because my mom said they took up too much time. Then I got a mini horse but eventualy sold him too because he got too mean. And most resently I took english riding lessons for abot 2 months. I want to learn how to jump someday too. Sigh...hopfuly someday soon.
Jumping is awesome. I started riding English when I was 9. I used to ride the boarders horses, this one older lady had 3 really nice and really expensive horses that she didn't ride, so I rode 2 of them everyday and showed them. I used to do hunter/jumper, and dressage.
Melly

sea horse

If only I had endless money... I could take riding lessons and still do SWF. Sigh.. Well I'm turning 16 soon then I can get a job and possibly do both!
I'm interested in doing eventing. Seems like it would be realy fun!

marineawe

I love horses too.
Used to have a couple but they are just to expensive in CT.
I ride western, if i had endless amounts of money i would have at least 3 horses...they are such awesome animals

seannmelly

Riding is awesome. I used to practice my dressage tests riding bareback. When I get a house, I am definately going to own at least one horse. No offense, but I would take a horse over saltwater fish any day. The thing is, sw is cheaper for me right now then having a horse!
Melly

sea horse

Originally Posted by seannmelly
No offense, but I would take a horse over saltwater fish any day. The thing is, sw is cheaper for me right now then having a horse!
Melly
Me too!!!

ant

OMG, my horse gives me so much peace. When I'm out with him I forget about everything else, ie. husband, child, dogs, work, yes, even the fish. Only horse people know how wonderful the barn smell really is. In fact, picking up horse poop is my aroma therapy.
I own a Tennessee Walker namec Buck, and after riding a gaited horse I've never gone back to any other. It's the smoothest ride you'll ever have. We're moving soon and own a few acres now so I'll be getting another horse soon. Can't wait!

Ant.

seannmelly

Originally Posted by Ant
OMG, my horse gives me so much peace. When I'm out with him I forget about everything else, ie. husband, child, dogs, work, yes, even the fish. Only horse people know how wonderful the barn smell really is. In fact, picking up horse poop is my aroma therapy.
I own a Tennessee Walker namec Buck, and after riding a gaited horse I've never gone back to any other. It's the smoothest ride you'll ever have. We're moving soon and own a few acres now so I'll be getting another horse soon. Can't wait!

Ant.

It might sound crazy but, I deff know what you mean. I love riding with people, but riding by myself was the best. I used to just ride around bareback, and jump bareback. My favorite are thoroughbreds. I've worked with them alot and I love their personalities. When I get my own place, I want to get one off the track and retrain him.
Melly

sleasia

seanmelley...I used to ride when I was young $3 an hour now I watch my daughter who is 15. She rides english and jumps...a great kid

seannmelly

Originally Posted by sleasia
seanmelley...I used to ride when I was young $3 an hour now I watch my daughter who is 15. She rides english and jumps...a great kid

I started when I was 9, and worked at the same barn when I turned 14. I am now 19, and moved away. My trainer pushed me into dressage, which was ok but boring. I love jumping! I'll have to go to my parents house and get some pix from horse shows. I didn't get paid to ride the horses, the money didn't matter to me. I just felt lucky to be able to ride everyday like I did w/o owning my own horse! I also rode for a guy that races thoroughbreds, that was a great experience too! Alot of people prefer trail riding to competing. While trails rides are nice, I love the pressure of competing.
Melly

sleasia

I have seen pictures of a few members riding...you may have posted some, I'm not sure. but they are all very impressive. Horses are wonderful animals.

ant

Melly, have fun jumping! I've never had lessons in dressage or jumping but I'd sure like to some day. I've had horses since i was very young and just learned on my own. I plan on taking lessons some time but right now I just trail ride and enjoy going to shows. I also enjoy watching the people jump at the stables. Looks like a great thrill. I'd imagine there has to be a lot of trust between horse and rider.
Ant.

teresaq

when i was young, i rode a lot. Arabian is my breed. wen my husband and I retire to the mountains, (we will be in our early 50's) I would like ot start raising and showing mini arabians. Here are a few pictures (not mine)

n2theblue

Another rider here. I grew up on a TB breeding farm and did eventing until I started nursing school. My favorite thing about being a horse person is laughing when everyone asks "aren't saltwater fish expensive?" Let's see Horse $10,000+, Feed $150/month, Shoes $100+/every 6 weeks, and the list goes on. Then you buy a truck and trailer, start showing, spend every weekend driving around the country, etc. Yeah, I don't think the fish can ever seem all that expensive to me.
I will finish school in December and hopefully then I will have the time to get a couple of young ones to start. I get to go out and ride for other people from time to time, but it's just not the same as having a horse that's "mine".

pegandgrif

I Have Been Horsless The Past Few Years, Due To Moving From The Country To The Burbs. I Use To Ride Edurance Rides. I Had A Paso Fino/tennessee Walker Cross. The Smoothest Ride I've Every Been On, Wouldn't Want To Ride 30plus Miles On Anything Else, Also A Minihorse/shetland Cross. Tought Him To Drive. Now That My Boys Are In The Military And On Their Own I Hope To Own Again. I Had Managed A Couple Equestrain Centers Here In S.c., And Worked At A Carrage Tour Comp. Down Town Charleston S.c. With The Big Drafts. I Would Like To Own Another Walker, A Freason, Or A Gepsy Vanner Draft.