How many of you Ride Horses???

marineawe

Originally Posted by seannmelly
No offense, but I would take a horse over saltwater fish any day. The thing is, sw is cheaper for me right now then having a horse!
Melly

I whole heartedly agree!

seannmelly

Originally Posted by marineawe
I whole heartedly agree!
I love saltwater fish, but my first love was horses...prolly since I was born!!! I'm meeting my mom monday for lunch, I will tell her to bring my pictures with her so I can post some on here...
P.S post pics of your horses or your horses and you!! don't be basheful!!
Melly
p.s. thank you thereaq for the pics!! very nice minis and love the mini and the cat pic!!

isistius

well, farrier supplies to be exact. and yes lots and lots (many 1000's of pairs per year) of shoes

seannmelly

Originally Posted by renogaw
the oddest thing happened the other week. all these painted horse statues showed up on our town streets. its some charity thing, but some of the horses are very very well done.
http://www.giddyuptogranby.org/index.htm
if you guys want i can take some pictures of them and post them.
They did that in Saratoga too during track season couple years ago, and then auctioned them off.

coachklm

i'm retired in the mountains(nw montana) they do alot with horses here... down the road they breed ?tennessee walking horses ? down farther is arabians ... theres a whole bunch here.

seannmelly

Originally Posted by coachKLM
i'm retired in the mountains(nw montana) they do alot with horses here... down the road they breed ?tennessee walking horses ? down farther is arabians ... theres a whole bunch here.
Arabians are beautiful!!

kesmai

last time i rode a hrse i broke my collar bone thats the last time ll catch me on one of those...

thangbom

i dont know about tyou guys but i just relocated to Texas and in the i guess country area at thatand everyone has at lest 2 horses. HOLY COW they are big!!!!! they are kinda kool but i dont think i can handle them, ill stick to my tank. i see my neighbor shovele a wheele warrel full of dookie everyday and thats enought for me... but yeah they are kinda cool and fun toi feed water melon too. ohh and 1 quick q? the neighbor told us we can feed them fruits but not banana... why is that?? i just want to know.

seannmelly

Originally Posted by ThaNgBom
i dont know about tyou guys but i just relocated to Texas and in the i guess country area at thatand everyone has at lest 2 horses. HOLY COW they are big!!!!! they are kinda kool but i dont think i can handle them, ill stick to my tank. i see my neighbor shovele a wheele warrel full of dookie everyday and thats enought for me... but yeah they are kinda cool and fun toi feed water melon too. ohh and 1 quick q? the neighbor told us we can feed them fruits but not banana... why is that?? i just want to know.
Idk y not banana, but if they say not to, it's prolly not a good idea. I've been around horses all my life, and the only thing I've seen they eat other then their grain and hay is apples, carrots, treats that you buy for them, and maple cotton candy...but it doesnt suprise me that they will eat almost anything you give them!!

seannmelly

Heres some pics. The first two are of Mystery a 20 year old 14.3hh Arabian Mare. My first love. She is awesome, a one person horse. The last three are of Bud Light a 12 year old 16.2hh 3/4 Thoroughbred 1/4 Clydesdale, two are me at a dressage show, and the last jumping and Grand Prix show jumper Leanne Kelly's farm. Enjoy.
Melly