2 emerald crabs - 10$ ea = 20$
1 electric blue hermit 15$
1 halloween hermit 15$
4 mexican turbos - 7$ ea =28$
6 bumblebee snails - 4$ ea = 24$
thats 971$ not counting livestock that I've lost

avbryce1

Originally Posted by malounsbury
Or maybe he spent a lot of money on water so he would have it ready for a livetime worth of water changes. :thinking:
I have spent quite a bit on water changes I do 4 gal per week and i buy saltwater instead of mixing. plus I lose about 2.5 gal per week to evaporation. :thinking:

who dey

Originally Posted by avbryce1
button polyps 40$
zoas #1 50$
green fussy shrooms 45$
yellow polyps 30$
xenia 55$
green lobo 45$
zoas #2 65$
zoas#3 65$
zoas#4 65$
frogspawn 75$
multi rock 120$
clam 60$
and thats rounding down
fish and cleanup.....
1 firefish 25$
1 yellow watchman goby 30$
1 cleaner shrimp 25$
2 sexys - 20$ ea= 40$
10 blue leg hermits - 2$ ea = 20$
2 scarlett hermits - 7$ ea = 14$
2 emerald crabs - 10$ ea = 20$
1 electric blue hermit 15$
1 halloween hermit 15$
4 mexican turbos - 7$ ea =28$
6 bumblebee snails - 4$ ea = 24$
thats 971$ not counting livestock that I've lost
so you have lost $3,160 worth of livestock?? :thinking:

jer4916

my nana cost me only like $50 ....had the 10 gallon, used a fresh water filter, used the lights that came for normal freshwater fish, took sand from my main tank,...rock from my main...and threw a couple clowns in it... (i also use it as a qt)
but WOW thats alot of money
heck im setting up my 125 gallon tank for not even close tot half of that.
i'd shop someplace else

matttamar

Hey Who DeY you have given so many people here good advice including me
but I would say this is a lost cause, I would move on.

who dey

Originally Posted by MATTTAMAR
Hey Who DeY you have given so many people here good advice including me
but I would say this is a lost cause, I would move on.
i know i was just playin

avbryce1

Originally Posted by WHO DEY
so you have lost $3,160 worth of livestock?? :thinking:
yea...... the false percs that I had cost me about a thousand a peice they were the very very rare blue and pink clownfish the monti frag that I had cost me about a grand also oh and I can't forget my electric blue hermit that set me back 160 dollars
anyway I want to know how you can possibly dispute a figure when you have no idea what factors or variables were used in reaching the number that I came up with, but instead of asking how I came up with that number everyone just went right into attack mode.
So just so you all know I factored and estimated everything I could think of, all the way down to the cost of gas and wear and tear on my vehicle. I wasent trying to find the minimum estimated amount of money spent on my tank I was trying to find the maximum estimated amount of $ I have spent the number of 5100 that I arrived at is an ESTIMATE not an exact number. I bet most of you have never even thought of the money you spend on gas getting to and from your favorate LFS and things like that.
oh and mattamar
:hilarious lost cause????
what cause? trying to prove me wrong about what I have spent on my tank?
well sir I must say that is truly a noble and worthy cause and I hope that who dey sleeps tonight with a great feeling of achievement and accomplishment.
Good night :D

who dey

yea...... the false percs that I had cost me about a thousand a peice they were the very very rare blue and pink clownfish the monti frag that I had cost me about a grand also oh and I can't forget my electric blue hermit that set me back 160 dollars
anyway I want to know how you can possibly dispute a figure when you have no idea what factors or variables were used in reaching the number that I came up with, but instead of asking how I came up with that number everyone just went right into attack mode.
So just so you all know I factored and estimated everything I could think of, all the way down to the cost of gas and wear and tear on my vehicle. I wasent trying to find the minimum estimated amount of money spent on my tank I was trying to find the maximum estimated amount of $ I have spent the number of 5100 that I arrived at is an ESTIMATE not an exact number. I bet most of you have never even thought of the money you spend on gas getting to and from your favorate LFS and things like that.
oh and mattamar
:hilarious lost cause????
what cause? trying to prove me wrong about what I have spent on my tank?
well sir I must say that is truly a noble and worthy cause and I hope that who dey sleeps tonight with a great feeling of achievement and accomplishment.
Good night :D
good luck with the 100 gal

superhero

WOW!!!
:scared: :scared: :scared: you spent over 3 grand on 3 fish and i havent even spent that much and set up a sucessful 150 reef!!! YIKES!!!!! well , whatever floats ur boat whether it be 3000 for 3 fish or 3000 for a 150 gallon tank??? I dunno

jer4916

I wish i had as much money as you guys! :)
i got my 125 acryllic tank/stand/30g refugium/canopy for $550 ...and im getting my lights for around $500 (but there designed for a reef system) ..brand new they were $1000.
totaly price $1050 (plus i have to buy a pump) only $150 woopy do.
but it should end up being a nice tank...i got some really good deals... but if you guys have any extra $$ or any extra rock that you just wanna give to a poor college student..
feel free :) j/k :)
~chris....
but seriously...if you want to get rid of live rock...let me know. :)

obarrera

I think I have spent like $500(with discounts :D) on mine(not counting the fish/iverts that died)
I lost like 3 fish(when I first started). And also lost 3 shrimps(2 cleaners, and 1 fire shrimp) that my damn sixline wrasse killed(I got rid of him).

firefish21

Ok... Here is what I have spent so far:
12g Nano Cube DX...179.98 w/tax...190.78
Thermometer...2.29
Heater...22.98
Fish of the Month Club (I did NOT know I bought this, someone at the pet shop is sneaky)...2.98
Hydrometer...14.98
Cycle 4 oz (buy 1 get 1 free... lady talked me into it)...7.98
IO 10gal salt...7.98
Agralive Figi Pink LS...34.98
All of that with tax...99.83
RO water...4.45
Live Rock...2.9 lbs - 6.49/lb...18.82
That with tax...24.67
Extra RO water...3.00
5 gal bucket...3.05
Grand Total so far... 321.33
WOW.. but its going to be so worth it.
Also spending another 80ish on a stand and other misc items today.
I definitely hope it doesnt get to 5000 dollars... lol, I plan on doing a larger tank in the future.
Happy so far.. :happy:

I know, that cost includes airfare to fly to a tropical destination and pick out your fish and corals from the ocean! That would be more like it.
You are paying way to much for what you have. Just for example: $7.00 for one mexican turbo is insane!

I probably have spent that much in my 100 gallon. If you spent $5100 on 10 gallons, that means your looking at about $51,000 on your 100 gallon. Actually even more because your looking at more expensive lighting, skimmer, more salt, ect. You are looking close to $60,000!
Can I see a picture of your 10 gallon?

bigarn

Originally Posted by Jer4916
Look at how sweat my tank is :)
Yep ... Sweat
tank.
Good Luck with it. :D

ballyhoo

Originally Posted by Jer4916
Look at how sweat my tank is :)
No Dude I think your pants are sweeter!!!!!

J/k Nice tank

kaotik

Dude, you are getting RIPPED OFF!!!! I cant believe some of those prices you are paying for your animals!!! You really should do some more research and find better places to buy your stuff. Almost all of those prices you listed are about double of the highest price I have ever seen them for sale. Your tank probably looks very nice (btw...upload some pics if you can) but WOW!!!

kaotik

oh yeah...I hope you were kidding about all of this!!!!! :eek: :eek: :scared:

haze123

wow I wish I had 5,000 dollars to blow around on saltwater tanks. I hope when I start my first Saltwater Tank in the next few months it doesnt cost me over 500 : im still messing around with brackish water fish.