Hungry Mouths

beth

Administrator
Staff member
60! Marlin and Coral must be proud! :D
Its a good thing I don't breed clownfish, I'd never have the heart to part with any of them and my whole house would have to be converted into a fish tank menagerie.
:thinking: Well, come to think of it, that would not be so bad. :D

bang guy

Originally posted by scoobydoo
WOW, what happened to the 1 fish per 5 gallon rule. Only Kidding!!! Great piece of work!

LOL!! I thought it was 5 inches of fish per gallon? They're in a 10 gallon tank!!!! I have a few inches to spare I think. :scared:
You think that's bad.... I now have 300 new born clownfish in a 3 gallon container. They hatched on Sunday.
I also have about 50 Mandarin Dragonette fry that hatched the same day in a small flat pan.

scoobydoo

When they're big enough, what do you do with them? Supply LFS? I think I'd want to keep them all, but then I would have to convert my pool!

lovethesea

300 new clownies? Wow, plus the mandarins. You got a regular nursery going on in there.
:D
Pretty soon the lagoon may be too small..:eek:

scoobydoo

doesn't Bang also do Bangaii Cardinals??? What don't you do???
Seriously, is the rule 1 inch of fish per 5 gallons? I'm new, so don't mess with me!

bang guy

IMO you are generally safe with 1 inch per 5 gallons of tank (not system). There are a lot of variables that can give more (or less) capacity but 1" per 5 gallons is the best for planning purposes. You should also count the expected adult size of the fish and not the current size unless you expect all of you fish to die before they grow up :thinking:

fishman830

wait so you have a hatch of mandarins???!!
i think i'll have to scedual a field trip to your tank for my biology class next year :p

viper_930

Originally posted by xabxam
Hey bang guy,can you post pics of your baby mandarins?

And the bangaii cardinals please? :jumping: