Hungry Mouths

debnflo

Those pics are just WAY too cool! But seriously, what are ya gonna do with so many babies to adopt out? Saturate your local market?

tervman

Originally posted by Bang Guy
I thought it was 5 inches of fish per gallon?

Hot diggity dog.....this means I can get that Emperor Angel AND Naso Tang, for my 55, instead of waiting until I get my 240!
Yee-Haw....thanks Bang!

bang guy

Originally posted by DebnFlo
But seriously, what are ya gonna do with so many babies to adopt out?

There's been a big demand lately for Banggai because they are about to be listed on the "Threatened" list from what I understand. Most of the store owners I talk to say that often all of the Wild Caught Banggai they receive die withing a couple of weeks for some unknown reason so now they only buy from me.
Ocellaris Clownfish seem to have a pretty good market too.
I have not yet been able to keep the Mandarins alive more than 5 or 6 days so I don't have an issue with trying to sell them.

fishman830

bang are the banggai's baby's helping the costs of y our system at all?
and i still want to come up there and see this lagoon!

bang guy

I think I lose a little bit of money on the Banggai. I think that's why very few commercial breeders exist for them. The corals, sand, pods, etc. that I sell more than make up for any loss with the Banggai though. Healthy Banggai require healthy food and it gets expensive.
If I can do better with the Clownfish they should do well for me though. They are less expensive to feed, they have more eggs and they spawn more often.

tervman

If I can do better with the Clownfish they should do well for me though. They are less expensive to feed, they have more eggs and they spawn more often.

May have been asked and answered before, Bang, but what DO you feed your Clowns?

T

tizzo

OK Cute fishies as you know. Now that we got all the formalities outa the way, I gotta know...
WHAT KINDA CAMERA ARE YOU USING???
I can see that the eggs would fit INSIDE of the year on the coin. That's mighty fine photography!!!

bang guy

Originally posted by Tizzo
WHAT KINDA CAMERA ARE YOU USING???

A Kodak DC290 that was made up the road from me in Rochester, New York.

tervman

Blender mush and Prime Reef Flake food.

Almost afraid to ask (but when did that ever stop me before)....what is/goes into blender mush?

chandler04

WHOOO, Bang Guy, yer in NEW YORK?? Im in CT. Finally, someone on this board that lives near me, lol. Fairfield to be precise. I would actually be interested in buying a pair from u in a while. Im doing a 30 gallon clown fantasy tank, lol. Whole tank, plus corals and inverts, to themselves. YAY. Seriosuly, please email me Bang Guy. Chandler044@aol.com. I would love to come by and see yer tanks some time this summer. That would be SUPER! Nice pics btw.