Hunting Rifle

hot883

Originally Posted by socal57che
Is there no longer a 10 character minimum limit???? :cheer:

shogun323

Originally Posted by socal57che
Simmons
Gotcha. After a little reading I have learned that it is definately crap!!!!!
Thanks!!

hot883

Originally Posted by shogun323
Gotcha. After a little reading I have learned that it is definately crap!!!!!
Thanks!!
I wouldn't say crap. Inexpensive and semi reliable, but not crap.
Wade, did ya go to gunbroker dot com and check out the CZ 555 .30-06?
Aw, they have sold it. I just looked.

hot883

I buy guns off there all the time. All you need is a letter from a FFL guy like a gun store, pawn shop etc. and the seller will send it to them. You then pay the $25 or so (to the FFL) and you do the paperwork there.

shogun323

Originally Posted by hot883
I wouldn't say crap. Inexpensive and semi reliable, but not crap.
Wade, did ya go to gunbroker dot com and check out the CZ 555 .30-06?
Yeah I saw it. It looks sweet!!!.
Gunbroker is really cool. I just need to find a gun store that I can have a seller ship to for any firearm purchases, right?

hot883

Yeah I saw it. It looks sweet!!!.
Gunbroker is really cool. I just need to find a gun store that I can have a seller ship to for any firearm purchases, right?
Right, find someone that will allow you to use their FFL for shipping purposes. I pay mine $25 for doing that per gun.
I use to have a Browning BAR .300WSM with a Leupold that was $1,000 for the scope alone. Ha! Shot a Doe at 200 yrds between the eyes, NOT a pretty sight.
I have since sold the gun as I could not see having a $1,900 gun sitting the safe 355 days a year. Heck, that sell was what funded my 300+ lbs. of LR. HA!

shogun323

Heck, that sell was what funded my 300+ lbs. of LR. HA!

I think I may poke around gunbroker right now. Thanks!!!!

hot883

I think I may poke around gunbroker right now. Thanks!!!!
Ya, I spend as much time on there as here. I should be a mod. there too except it is NOT a forum.

socal57che

You could get your 03 collectors FFL and have bolt action Mausers and the like delivered right to your door. Then you can build a nice sporter in whatever calibre you choose. You can buy anything on the C&R list as long as it doesn't conflict with other laws and they are deliverable to your door because you hold the FFL.
http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/curios/index.htm
They are easy to get and records are simple to keep. Let me know if you are interested and I'll head you in the right direction.

yerboy

That's it! I am coming up to Ok. I Love homemade jerky!!!!!
What do you think about a bolt action 270?
I use a bolt action 270 and i wouldn't use anything else.

manncoler

not to bad i made it into hamburger and mixed it with my deer i got this year. but still good. when he shot it it fell like 300 yards so 1 of the hinds was messed up really good.

Y

yote

Wade, .308 is an awesome round too. I have shot deer at 400+ yrds with my Ruger MKII .308. I harvested 5 deer last year. I donated all but 1 and had that one processed. I get them ground up with beef talon added and I use that for jerky, chili, stuffed peppers etc. Barry
Nice buck,what did he score?
Its good to know there are other outdoorsman that use this board also.

hot883

Originally Posted by yote
Nice buck,what did he score?
Its good to know there are other outdoorsman that use this board also.
Thanks. I honestly do not remember i will have to go through the old threads and see. I did post it another thread.

hot883

Wade, I bought another one today.
I picked up a Henry "Goldenboy" in .22 caliber that will accomadate .22s,.22l,.22lr. lever action.
barry