I can't find a job ANYWHERE.

K

kikithemermaid

Anyone else having this problem? I've been trying for months, everywhere, but no one's hiring because of the economy I'm guessing. I'm 21 years old, I'm a poor college student and need money.

sickboy

I've been having this problem as well. I just graduated from college in Dec, but I have been looking for a job for months. It sucks! I will get interviews, but then they will say they are no longer hiring b/c of financial stress, etc...

demartini

Same with me! I hope I find a job soon bc I'm running out of money and I have a lot of bills to pay... I had to quit a great job in December because my school schedule got in the way =(

snakeblitz33

I got tons of bills to pay and have three more interviews lined up before I have to start putting in more applications. Thank God that I have a job with my dad to tithe me over until I get a 40hr/wk job.
Just keep trying!

lexluethar

Same, graduated college last year, got laid off this January 1st and haven't had much luck finding gainful employment.
Few interviews, but no job offers yet :(

valgae

check hospitals. theres always going to be sick people. phlebotomist(they draw blood), HUC(they put ino the computer what the drs. order), operator, there's alot there. and since your in college most of these are done 24hrs every day so there's many different shifts to choose from.

oceansidefish

It really depends on what fields you are looking in....Maybe if you post what field you are looking in other people here can help give suggestions on where to work. Have you tried So Cal Edison???? They are ALWAYS hiring. You could also always go LAPD.

Broaden your search. You may have to take a step back in what you expect for a level of job and pay. At least you will be working and making some money while continuing to look for a job in your field.

E

eric b 125

i wish i could agree about the healthcare jobs, but i'm a nursing school graduate (didnt take my nclex boards yet) and i cant find a job! you'd think with such a demand for nurses that finding a job wouldnt be that hard. a lot of ppl in healthcare are getting laid off and taking lower level positions. plus, there's a lot of ppl losing their jobs, and therefore losing their benefits and cant afford the medical care they need. i still work as a medic, but the city of pgh is laying off paramedics left and right. the economy is really scary right now, literally. there are a lot of people losing homes, benefits, and having trouble finding the ways and means to put food on the table. i think most of us are struggling but i think its important for all of us to be grateful for what we are still able to hold on to. things will get better for me, and for you guys, too. just keep your feet moving, and eventually we'll all be able to get the lighting, skimmers, corals, and fish we need to make it all worth it!

K

kikithemermaid

I'm in the marine biology field but right now I'm looking for ANYTHING. Thanks you guys, best of luck to all of you as well.

sickboy

Originally Posted by VALgae
http:///forum/post/2958121
check hospitals. theres always going to be sick people. phlebotomist(they draw blood), HUC(they put ino the computer what the drs. order), operator, there's alot there. and since your in college most of these are done 24hrs every day so there's many different shifts to choose from.
Funny thing is one of the biggest hospitals in Omaha just did a series of lay-offs. I actually had an interview for a position in the finance dept., but called the day before to say that the position was terminated.....the next day they announced a 10% (I think) overall staff reduction.

wattsupdoc

My wife just finished RN school too, shes going on for her masters, getting the bachelors right now, hasn't taken here nclex yet either. She's saying that one of the hospitals here has a hiring freeze for anything that is not direct patient care. I told her a while back she might need to find something just because of the reasons that have been stated. I always thought that nursing would be immune to the economy.....

oceansidefish

Originally Posted by kikithemermaid
http:///forum/post/2958373
I'm in the marine biology field but right now I'm looking for ANYTHING. Thanks you guys, best of luck to all of you as well.
Check out So Cal Edison. There are a couple jobs there you could apply for.

zoie2

my husband got his job by looking on USAjobs.com tons of jobs there. All different states, all different types.
I work with children and the elderly. Something that will always be around!!
I've had a home daycare for almost 2 years and it's the first time I've been full. I have 6 children enrolled which brings in over 1,500.00 every 2 weeks.
You can open a home daycare even if you live in an apartment.

oceansidefish

If you speak fluent spanish the Border Patrol is hiring. USAjobs is really good. If you have a bachelors there is always substitute teaching.

reef46

Originally Posted by Oceansidefish
http:///forum/post/2958628
If you speak fluent spanish the Border Patrol is hiring. USAjobs is really good. If you have a bachelors there is always substitute teaching.
thats what im doing to get thru college. here in FL all you need is a HS diploma....$110 a day isnt too bad.

oceansidefish

Kikithemermaid...Have you tried applying for all the different zoos??? Santa Barbara is not exactly the best place for a bio major. You can check also counties or apply for fish and game. I know San Diego Zoo is hiring. You will probably just have to move honestly. I would look in San Diego, Orlando and Monterey.