I feel like I'm at a crossroads... or maybe it's just an early mid-life crisis...

stdreb27

Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/post/2933045
You want to talk about man-cards... I got my eyebrows waxed yesterday.
That was a first for me but I'm pretty sure it's a violation, (I may have to go again, my eyebrows are perfect
).
I feel so dirty!

Your wife had better me AMAZING, to talk you into doing that.

spanko

That was a first for me but I'm pretty sure it's a violation, (I may have to go again, my eyebrows are perfect
).
I feel so dirty!

crimzy

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2933052
Your wife had better me AMAZING, to talk you into doing that.
She tricked me into it... I just went to the salon for a simple haircut. Then she had me sit in the chair and told me her friend had a surprise for me. By the time I realized what was going on, resistance was futile. I tell you, the sights, sounds and odors of a salon are like cryptonite... if exposed they will weaken all manly powers.

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/2933068
She tricked me into it... I just went to the salon for a simple haircut. Then she had me sit in the chair and told me her friend had a surprise for me. By the time I realized what was going on, resistance was futile. I tell you, the sights, sounds and odors of a salon are like cryptonite... if exposed they will weaken all manly powers.

Ah your mistake was going to a hair cutting place that does that. How I avoid it. I only go to a barber that uses skizers, some clippers, a comb, and a straight razor.

crimzy

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2933130
Ah your mistake was going to a hair cutting place that does that. How I avoid it. I only go to a barber that uses skizers, some clippers, a comb, and a straight razor.
I don't have much choice... wifey works there. Her little friend decides she is going to "hook me up" by burning me with hot wax and then ripping off hair and skin.

bigarn

http:///forum/post/2933149
I don't have much choice... wifey works there. Her little friend decides she is going to "hook me up" by burning me with hot wax and then ripping off hair and skin.

You sure you were in a salon?

spanko

Now imagine women doing a bikini wax. Would you now knowing what you know? I can't belive anyone would go through it any "area" let alone that one!

al mc

Crimzy....Is there no partnership potential in your current firm? We have plenty of lawyers in Delaware being the business/corporate litigation capital
of the US and everyone I know strives to become a partner because that is where the income increases most dramatically. If you like your family life where you are and you are helping to build and (Big If) your boss would be a good partner,... why not stay?

darthtang aw

).
I feel so dirty!

As long as you didn't cry, you are fine. If you go back willingly, I think your next career might be on a TV show along the lines of queer eye for the straight guy.

crimzy

Originally Posted by Al Mc
http:///forum/post/2933267
Crimzy....Is there no partnership potential in your current firm? We have plenty of lawyers in Delaware being the business/corporate litigation capital
of the US and everyone I know strives to become a partner because that is where the income increases most dramatically. If you like your family life where you are and you are helping to build and (Big If) your boss would be a good partner,... why not stay?
I definitely could become a partner, and the offer is probably coming sooner rather than later. The issues, though, are that (1) I don't trust my boss, and (2) Partnerships of this kind require a partner to basically purchase a share of the business. The buy-in can come in one of two ways, it can be cash or it can be made up with a minor share being provided in the beginning and a gradually increasing share until the full partnership is reached. This is the more likely scenario. I just don't think that this firm is what I want anymore...

reefforbrains

Crimzy- sounds like you just answered your own questions.
Dont kick rocks just yet, wait for something to pop up as I am sure it will, then jump on it with both feet. Being calculated and deliberate in your movements is important. More importantly realizing that the absence of a choice is a choice of its own.
Self awareness of your entire life's package does wonders for clearing away the questions..."what do I do next?"... "Did I make the right move?"... from ever getting in your way.
Bookmark and re-visit this thread at quarterly intervals and you will see a trend in the virtues you hold as important for both yourself and your family as a whole.
How those virtues and values get abused and praised will dramatically affect your choice towards change. Your obviously not an impuslive person. Patience and preserverance shouldn't be an issue. Just keep under the radar of others while keeping your own radar honed for the accuracy of your life's current situation.
Avoid "Monkey Moveing" (the movements professionally that are akin to swinging from nearest branch to nearest branch towards a goal. They are hollow movements)
Move methodically, move slowly and solidly. No backwards thoughts of if something isn't right or if it's too risky. Make your choice and stick with it. Adjust your plan as needed but be solid on factual elements that affect which pasture really is greenest. Have a plan, brainstorm a business model for your life if need be. Just don't pressure yourself about lateral moves or instant results.
good luck with your journey.

reefraff

If you are considering Florida take a look at the Carolinas and maybe even Virginia too. I think you are smart to try to stay somewhat close to the wife's family.
When I was 31 I got the itch t0 make a change. I was freshly divorces with nothing holding me back so I got the hell out of SoCal and have never regretted it for a second.
You obviously are looking at making some kind of a change based on your thoughts about running for judge at some point and now this. Only you can decide if the change of scenery is really what you are looking for.
This may sound completely ridiculous and probably a 3rd degree mancard felony to even suggest it but maybe you could talk to a counselor or something to make sure you know what you are really looking for. I've known a few people in my life that were about where you are as far as marriage, career and kids. Basically happy but feeling like it's now or never as far as making a major life change.
Are you sure you could be happy living in a State with a football team that actually wins a game once on a while?

crimzy

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
http:///forum/post/2933884
Crimzy- sounds like you just answered your own questions.
Dont kick rocks just yet, wait for something to pop up as I am sure it will, then jump on it with both feet. Being calculated and deliberate in your movements is important. More importantly realizing that the absence of a choice is a choice of its own.
Self awareness of your entire life's package does wonders for clearing away the questions..."what do I do next?"... "Did I make the right move?"... from ever getting in your way.
Bookmark and re-visit this thread at quarterly intervals and you will see a trend in the virtues you hold as important for both yourself and your family as a whole.
How those virtues and values get abused and praised will dramatically affect your choice towards change. Your obviously not an impuslive person. Patience and preserverance shouldn't be an issue. Just keep under the radar of others while keeping your own radar honed for the accuracy of your life's current situation.
Avoid "Monkey Moveing" (the movements professionally that are akin to swinging from nearest branch to nearest branch towards a goal. They are hollow movements)
Move methodically, move slowly and solidly. No backwards thoughts of if something isn't right or if it's too risky. Make your choice and stick with it. Adjust your plan as needed but be solid on factual elements that affect which pasture really is greenest. Have a plan, brainstorm a business model for your life if need be. Just don't pressure yourself about lateral moves or instant results.
good luck with your journey.
Very good advice.

Originally Posted by reefraff

http:///forum/post/2933926
If you are considering Florida take a look at the Carolinas and maybe even Virginia too. I think you are smart to try to stay somewhat close to the wife's family.
When I was 31 I got the itch t0 make a change. I was freshly divorces with nothing holding me back so I got the hell out of SoCal and have never regretted it for a second.
You obviously are looking at making some kind of a change based on your thoughts about running for judge at some point and now this. Only you can decide if the change of scenery is really what you are looking for.
This may sound completely ridiculous and probably a 3rd degree mancard felony to even suggest it but maybe you could talk to a counselor or something to make sure you know what you are really looking for. I've known a few people in my life that were about where you are as far as marriage, career and kids. Basically happy but feeling like it's now or never as far as making a major life change.
Are you sure you could be happy living in a State with a football team that actually wins a game once on a while?
Very nice... until the end.
Actuallly Florida has a couple of teams that occasionally win games. The Lions may actually go 0-16 again. The pieces are in place.

reefraff

http:///forum/post/2933994
Very good advice.

Very nice... until the end.
Actuallly Florida has a couple of teams that occasionally win games. The Lions may actually go 0-16 again. The pieces are in place.

You know Crimz I have been thinking on your football dilemma and think I have a solution.
Move the team to LA. That is like the 2nd biggest TV market and no team. Whats up with that?
Anyway Detroit keeps the rights to the name lions (besides LA will want to name them the Endangered Savannah Cats or some other politically correct drivel). Then Detroit starts the re-Lions again an a few years as an expansion team, That team would probably win more games in the first season than what you have now will win in the next 4 years so you aint really missing anything.