I got a WIIIIIII

louti

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3245520
LOL...Just played some tennis, bowling and golf...practice anyway....I'm pooped HEEHEE
OH...I guess you should not play right after dinner....;)
are the Mario games good with WII? I love mario
Mario Kart is by far the most fun game for it. You can play it a thousand times and not get sick of it. The new Wii Sports is good too. The archery game is a lot of fun.

bang guy

Originally Posted by scottnlisa
http:///forum/post/3245532
LMAO, congrats. IMO I will never buy a WII. I currently have PS3, PSP, Nintendo DS, and a very high end gaming computer(built it myself).
Nothing wrong if Wii but it's just the games. There is no voilence, blood, sentence enhancers, etc. Wii are not geared towards men and if your a men and like the Wii well enough said.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition

meowzer

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
http:///forum/post/3245559
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition
ARGGGG....My husband plays all of them on PS3...he just got Bad Company
I swear I thought someone threw a grenade at me while I was in the shower this morning

I HATE WAR GAMES

stdreb27

Nothing wrong if Wii but it's just the games. There is no voilence, blood, sentence enhancers, etc. Wii are not geared towards men and if your a men and like the Wii well enough said.
Get about 10 friends over make them all bring 100 bucks in singles, and gamble. That is what the Wii is good for... You've got Tiger Woods golf, then all those other games like bowling, tennis, boxing... Let one friend play bookie, set spreads.

mrdc

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3245773
Get about 10 friends over make them all bring 100 bucks in singles, and gamble. That is what the Wii is good for... You've got Tiger Woods golf, then all those other games like bowling, tennis, boxing... Let one friend play bookie, set spreads.
We do something similar. We seem to play Sports Resort more than anything. Right now I am trying to finish GOW 2 so I can get GOW 3 for the PS3.

browniebuck

nice...I'm not a "men" either, so it is ok for me to enjoy playing the Wii...though, I am a man. Just because you don't enjoy something doesn't mean that all other men don't....I have a LOT of male friends and colleagues that enjoy playing Wii....perhaps the problem lies in YOU and not all men?!?!?
I don't need violence, blood, etc... to enjoy a video game...I play sports games, racing games, and kids games with my nephew...that's about it, no need for blood and guts (a small part of what's wrong with our country, kids playing these games that get de-sensitized to violence).
I had a 3rd grade special education student with an IQ of 70 (any lower and he would qualify as mentally retarded) that had a copy of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas in his bookbag. I would have much rather seen him with a copy of Mario & Sonic go to the Winter Games....much more appropriate for someone his age and with his functionality....these are the types of kids that try to re-create the video games, because they don't know any better!

novahobbies

Sorry, but no. I'm a man, and I play Wii. If you have
to have blood and violence in a game, then I think you have problems, man.
Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of the warfare games that I've played, but I don't think that (a) you have to like those games to the exclusion of all others to be a MAN, or (b) you have to be a man to like those games!
My 16yo niece is trying to convince my brother in law to let her buy God of War III, for instance. I've seen the reviews for that game...wow.
But I'll agree with you on one point. You definitely need a sentence enhancer. Or at least a good spell and grammar-checker.

scottnlisa

Originally Posted by browniebuck
http:///forum/post/3245782
nice...I'm not a "men" either, so it is ok for me to enjoy playing the Wii...though, I am a man. Just because you don't enjoy something doesn't mean that all other men don't....I have a LOT of male friends and colleagues that enjoy playing Wii....perhaps the problem lies in YOU and not all men?!?!?
I don't need violence, blood, etc... to enjoy a video game...I play sports games, racing games, and kids games with my nephew...that's about it, no need for blood and guts (a small part of what's wrong with our country, kids playing these games that get de-sensitized to violence).
I had a 3rd grade special education student with an IQ of 70 (any lower and he would qualify as mentally retarded) that had a copy of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas in his bookbag. I would have much rather seen him with a copy of Mario & Sonic go to the Winter Games....much more appropriate for someone his age and with his functionality....these are the types of kids that try to re-create the video games, because they don't know any better!
Desensitizing......Desensitizing. That is all I hear about and it is %^&%$#(*. Kids don't know any better because of the poor parenting skills of the mom and dad. When your parents ignore you, not teach you right from wrong, but they are to worried about getting high, drunk or flat out just ignoring the kids that is the problem not video games. my sons plays games on the PS3 like Batman arkham asylum, Need for Speed Undercover, Call of Duty modern warfare and he is turning out just fine.
Why because he has good values and great parents that teach him right from wrong and what is real and fake. Desensitizing is a cop out for poor parenting skiils. Couple should have to take a test before being allow to breed. Plain and simple.

browniebuck

I agree with part of what you are saying....parents should have to pass a test before being allowed to have children. There are a lot of parents out there that don't know what they are doing and buy a kid a video game because they ask for it...they don't do any research into what the game entails, they just want to make their kid happy.
You can say what you want about desensitizing, but it does happen. Whether it happens because parents don't pay attention to their children or whether it happens simply because children play these horrific video games....it happens. I remember a couple well to do families in a suburban city in Colorado that had children that played a lot of video games (and by today's standards, they were MILD, when you consider what is out there today) and re-enacted them in their high school....this incident put Columbine on the map. The point is that these children are seeing violent acts (murder, assault, armed robbery, use of weapons, prostitution, etc...) in a video game, not all children will consider it as a possibility, but the fact that SOME children will should be enough to prevent them from getting into the hands of ANY children. I know that there are video game ratings out there, but they are a complete joke. I sincerely hope, for your sake, that your kids REALLY are "doing fine"....but everyone is doing fine, until they aren't!
All it takes is one time...one time that someone upsets them and they think back to the video games that they were playing and think that it would be a way to solve a problem. I am willing to bet that your sons have disobeyed you before (not cleaned their room when you told them, came home later than you told them, lied about something, etc...)....why do you think that you would be the first thing that they would think of when they are faced with a confrontation with another person??? To say that this couldn't happen to your kids is ignorant...I hope that it doesn't, but no matter how well you prepare your kids, they are human beings.....and human beings have minds of their own that are influenced by the things that they do every day...you are only part of that (you hope that you are the biggest part of that, but you never know if you are REALLY).

meowzer

and human beings have minds of their own
Oh boy do they....I know someone who use to think the parent was responsible for ALL their kids did.,..UNTIL they had their own.
That's like saying people who commit murder learned it from their parents....LOL
ANYWAY
DID I mention I got a WII

Is Mario Kart ALL racing? ANd are any of the other Mario games comparable to the OLD ones?

mrdc

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3245934
ANd are any of the other Mario games comparable to the OLD ones?
You can download the old Mario games if you like through your Wii. You have to pay though but it doesn't cost much.

aquaknight

I don't it's necessarily fine to just say the ratings are a joke. They are rated pretty appropriately IMHO, with the violent games already mentioned being rated M. And most retailers, the major ones at at least, so have a voluntary do-no-sell M-games to minor policy, with some states beginning legislation to make that mandatory. While a parent can't make up the minds of their kids, any responsbile parent should be pretty easily able to control which games their kids play
/.
Yea, Mario Kart is all driving. Different styles like battle, and racing.

novahobbies

http:///forum/post/3245944
Did I mention I have a Commodore 64 with a cool 5.25 rocking disk drive.

Awesome!
I remember those beasts back in elementary school. Two words, my friend: Oregon Trail!

Meowzer, I got Super Paper Mario and Mario Galaxy when I picked up my Wii. I also got the new Metroid, some Marvel comics game, Wii carnival (yes, a small kid had this originally) and Lego Star Wars. I've only played through level 5 of the Super Paper Mario and it's fairly fun. I read excellent reviews of Mario Galaxy so I'll be trying that soon. I also read that the new 2010 "Super Mario Bros Wii" game is pretty good, but lacks a few things that most gamers these days like. It's a side-scrolling format compared to a real 3d environment, and apparently even though you can have up to 3 other people playing the game with you, you can't use online gamers. They gotta be in the room physically to play. Neither of these "problems" is such a big deal to an old guy like me (I still have my original super NES in the box!!) but it is worth mentioning.
As for the Mario Kart, I hear it's pretty similar to the N64's 'Kart game, and even has a few race tracks taken from that platform. Sort of a mixture of old and new stuff, which is pretty cool IMO. I think I'm going to trade in the paper mario, the marvel game, and the (shudder!!) carnival game and see if I can get the mario kart game from those.

novahobbies

Wow Meowzer!! I just realized you joined these boards 5 months after I did.....yet you have over 17 thousand posts compared to my measly 995. Hmm. Either I'm quiet, or.....

LOL You know I luv ya!!

meowzer

LOL...Thanks Nova....I stil have a ps1 and ps2 so I can play Crash Bandicoot,...I also bought one of those generic nintendos for the original Mario :)
My husband laughs cause I play them for a few weeks, and then.....well...you know I don't

meowzer

Originally Posted by novahobbies
http:///forum/post/3245961
Wow Meowzer!! I just realized you joined these boards 5 months after I did.....yet you have over 17 thousand posts compared to my measly 995. Hmm. Either I'm quiet, or.....

LOL You know I luv ya!!
I'm a yacker

novahobbies

I just wanted you to know that all this chat made me go out and buy Mario Kart Wii. Wife and I sat down to play it around 9pm.....and we just stopped. That was a lot of fun....and probably funnier to watch! I'd get this game for you and you DH if I were you, Meowzer.

meowzer

Originally Posted by novahobbies
http:///forum/post/3246308
I just wanted you to know that all this chat made me go out and buy Mario Kart Wii. Wife and I sat down to play it around 9pm.....and we just stopped. That was a lot of fun....and probably funnier to watch! I'd get this game for you and you DH if I were you, Meowzer.
LOL.....It comes with 1 wheel right? So did you have to buy a 2nd?