I have 3 things that need to be "ID'd"

this was the closest picture I could find
the top right clown is a Picasso, but pretty damn close if you ask me.
Smooth edges like mine, not jagged like a snowflake
Puzzle piece stripes
So im going to go with Picasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///forum/thread/386418/i-have-3-things-that-need-to-be-id-d#post_3394161
Mysis is actually better than Brine, Pellets or Flakes.
I refuse to feed pellets or flakes, it just pollutes the tank and holds little nutritional value to the fish.
What else is in the tank with him?
Keep in mind that he's new to the tank, so the fact that he is eating at all is a good thing. Most fish won't eat while their still acclimating to a new environment.
I tried that marine cuisine like you sad, and it seems to work. A lot of it he eats and some stuff hell eat, chew it a little, then spit it right back out, but for the most part he is eating

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameraman954 http:///forum/thread/386418/i-have-3-things-that-need-to-be-id-d/40#post_3394377
I tried that marine cuisine like you sad, and it seems to work. A lot of it he eats and some stuff hell eat, chew it a little, then spit it right back out, but for the most part he is eating
He's probably spitting out the Krill. It might just be too big, or too tough for him.
Glad the Marine Cuisine is working. It's a really good mixture of different meaty foods, so it gives the fish a lot of options.

I had a RBTA, but unfortunately it kept moving around and after months it finally got sucked up by the pump and ripped apart. So I want to get another, but don't know what to get. If anything I would want to get another true percula, or by some miracle get another Picasso. So what anemone would they accept?

btldreef

The easiest anemones for me to get to host a clownfish have always been bubble tips. I also think they're one of the "easier" ones to care for. I've only kept Percula and Ocellaris species of clowns. The next most common anemone would be a Sebea. Either the Sebae or the Bubble tip would be good options because they'll host almost all species.
Keep in mind that your Picasso is tank bred and raised. Sometimes the tank bred clowns are harder to get into an anemone. That being said, I have tank bred Ocellaris and once they found they're anemone (I chased them into it gently with a net), they never left it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///forum/thread/386418/i-have-3-things-that-need-to-be-id-d/40#post_3394549
The easiest anemones for me to get to host a clownfish have always been bubble tips. I also think they're one of the "easier" ones to care for. I've only kept Percula and Ocellaris species of clowns. The next most common anemone would be a Sebea. Either the Sebae or the Bubble tip would be good options because they'll host almost all species.
Keep in mind that your Picasso is tank bred and raised. Sometimes the tank bred clowns are harder to get into an anemone. That being said, I have tank bred Ocellaris and once they found they're anemone (I chased them into it gently with a net), they never left it.
Same here, i've had my share of tank raised ones. And, i've had luck with anemones. I might go and buy one tomorrow.

1guydude

Quote:
I might go and buy one tomorrow.
Do it!!! lol just tryin to fuel ur addiction!
I think the food was prob to big for the fish... thats just the way they chew is by sucking it in and spitting it back out!