I have worms

mkroher

So my wife is starting to get really interested in the tank. Before she would just watch the fish and move on.. but now she sits in front of it looking for any interesting thing that moves. This week it's bristle worms. Every time she spots one she calls for me. Of course.. I act like I've never seen them before and come running over with "ooohs" and "ahhhs". Last night she tried to count them. I did show her the picture of "Barry" the 4ft worm found in a tank. Now she thinks we'll have 4ft monsters in our tank one day. *sigh*
How many do you have?

meowzer

I'm going with MORE THEN I CAN COUNT
sometimes I look at the 225G from underneath the tank.....and the other night, I spotted a pretty fat one....no way to get it.

aquaman

I have been in the process of upgrading my salt from a 29 to a 225. I started it last year, but lost my job so I took what I had and started a 29. I saved all the other stuff I could. A year later I have a new job and with some of the tax return I bought what I needed for the 225. It has been running for a few weeks and I have gradually transfered everything, including water over to the 225. As I moved 60 lbs of live rock to the sump I found hundreds of bristle worms under then, on them and in them. They all went to the sump except a few from that fell out into the sand bed. I caught a few of those and threw them in the DT. The 29 will remain up as a QT tank for new arrivals (and I have a 10 gal hospital tank if/when needed) since I made a short story long and to answer your: Mort than I can count.

yannifish

I don't think I have any more, I think the two moves my rock went through killed them all. I haven't seen one since the move. And that one was dead.
I remember once I grabbed one though. I'll never do that again... My index finger was out of commission for two weeks...

spanko

I voted more than I can count only because......well......I can't count them and I have seen some.
Best to remember here that as with anything else populations will come and go with the available food for them.

dmanatee

i know they are good for my tank, but when i spot one it gets sucked up a turkey baster and down the drain it goes. haven't seen one since i changed tanks though...they are probably starting their revenge right now for their fallen comrades....

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanatee http:///forum/thread/384518/i-have-worms#post_3368780
i know they are good for my tank, but when i spot one it gets sucked up a turkey baster and down the drain it goes. haven't seen one since i changed tanks though...they are probably starting their revenge right now for their fallen comrades....
I don't get it...You know they are good for your tank and yet you kill them??? If you ever have a fish die way up in the rock work you are going to wish you had those little guys, then they will have revenge when everything in your tank dies from ammonia spikes. Leave them alone.

bang guy

I have nothing but I would imagine the red/black fireworms that can overpopulate a tank could serve as nutrient export if you removed a lot of them. I would think they would be nutrient dense.