I Just Broke My Collarbone!(ouch) Anyone Else Break It Before????

treybomb

Originally Posted by treybomb
ok well im doing "my business" lol sorry... can u post in detail how to do a water change!?

devildog01

ok well im doing "my business" lol sorry... can u post in detail how to do a water change!?

What are u on a laptop or something? Okay, first off get yourself a clean 5 gallon bucket. Make sure it has NEVER had anything in it before. No soaps or anything like that. Have another 5 gallon bucket. Take your siphon-have the big part in the water and the little part in the bucket. To get the siphoning started I prefer to put the WHOLE thing in the tank, and wait until it is all done bubbling. Then I put my thumb over the small end, pull the small end out of the water and into the bucket with my thumb still over the small end and it siphons! DO NOT SIPHON THE SAND!!!! Then, let the bucket fill about half way with your tank water. BANG!! Your done. But before you do any of this (sorry not in chronological order) you need your other 5 gallon bucket and you need to know that the salt level in your tank is. Fill the 5 gallon bucket up with water (fresh) and fill up only to how ever much you plan to take out in the other bucket and put in the amount of salt that is in your tank. Then dechlorinate (if not using ro water) and let sit for 24 hours. Then do your water change and after you do your water change pour your prepared salt water in!

treybomb

sorry i meant to say while.. not im doing it now...lol
ok so even if the buckets have been used b4 theres no way i can clean them?

devildog01

sorry i meant to say while.. not im doing it now...lol
ok so even if the buckets have been used b4 theres no way i can clean them?
You can use used buckets, but if they have EVER had ANY SOAP in them-even 20 years ago, they're not safe to use. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get all soap residue out of a bucket.

devildog01

what will the soap do 2 my tank?
kill it. Or at least, poison it and make your fish pretty sick. But most likely in a tank your size-kill it.

devildog01

If u dont have clean buckets go to meijer or whatever ur local supermarket is and buy a couple plastic "human food safe" buckets. Or go to home depot or lowe's...they may actually be cheaper there. Or if you lived in Michigan, you could go out to no man's land and go to a hardware store and get them for next to nothing. You should spend much more than 10 dollars on buckets no matter where u go.

devildog01

Originally Posted by Mimzy
Hey Devil-Dog.... just so ya know... Tizzo is a woman

Okay...why are you telling me? Did I call her a man or something?

treybomb

Originally Posted by DevilDog01
Okay...why are you telling me? Did I call her a man or something?
yeah

treybomb

Originally Posted by DevilDog01
Umm...yeah I think so. It is Tizzo's pic-I asked him if I could use it as my avatar and he said sure.
^^^