I Just Broke My Collarbone!(ouch) Anyone Else Break It Before????

devildog01

Water changes is the only thing that will drastically lower trates, and I might be wrong, but I think Amquel only takes out ammonia?!?! Plus, would you rather dump a chemical in your tank, or do something just as easy, that will take out a LOT more. Do not add ANY livestock until your trates are zero.

treybomb

i know im gonna do a water change for trates but amquel+ gets rid of ammonia trites and trates... what else gets rid of trites?

devildog01

Nothing gets rid of trites. Only trates. You have to wait for the trites to convert to trates before it will do any good to do a water change. But do one today anyway!! Because you already have a ton of trates!

devildog01

It doesnt get rid of it, it locks it up so the filter can get it. Supposedly anyway. I have never found it to work for me, but IDK.

treybomb

Originally Posted by treybomb
i know im gonna do a water change for trates but amquel+ gets rid of ammonia trites and trates...

treybomb

Originally Posted by DevilDog01
It doesnt get rid of it, it locks it up so the filter can get it. Supposedly anyway. I have never found it to work for me, but IDK.
well i ha d a tiny 1 oz bottle and it orked for me but not ffor long

devildog01

well i ha d a tiny 1 oz bottle and it orked for me but not ffor long
Still, it is NOT the best way to do it. Water changes will work a THOUSAND times better!

treybomb

What is the retarted professor smiley dude doing there?
the message ghas to be at least 1 chARACTER

treybomb

why did u even have to post then?
just to say that amquel + gets rid of samonia nitrites and nitrates

devildog01

just to say that amquel + gets rid of samonia nitrites and nitrates
Oh, but it DOESNT get rid of it!! The FILTER does! The bottle may claim that but how can a chemical just suck it up. What it does is it locks that stuff up in a way so that the filter can suck it up. PLEASE JUST GET A COUPLE OF CLEAN 5-GALLON BUCKETS AND DO A WATER CHANGE!!!

treybomb

Oh, but it DOESNT get rid of it!! The FILTER does! The bottle may claim that but how can a chemical just suck it up. What it does is it locks that stuff up in a way so that the filter can suck it up. PLEASE JUST GET A COUPLE OF CLEAN 5-GALLON BUCKETS AND DO A WATER CHANGE!!!
ooooo ok no dont worry i was gonna get the buckets and do a waterchange no matter what i was just getting the amquel just in case....

devildog01

ooooooo....sorry to get all cranky on ya. I thought you were using the Amquel+ in place of the water change!! You scared me! :scared:

treybomb

ooooooo....sorry to get all cranky on ya. I thought you were using the Amquel+ in place of the water change!! You scared me! :scared:
no dont worry ... im not gonna turn into a
rich :scared: lol even thoigh it might seem like it now...

devildog01

good!!! I was TERRIFIED!!! :scared: Just dont be going and get yourself a 100,000 gallon tank with an open roof so when it rains (or has a hurricane, he lives in florida) it will overflow and destroy his house, and most likely his street. OH LOOK!! It is raining yellow tangs!!!! :thinking:

treybomb

good!!! I was TERRIFIED!!! :scared: Just dont be going and get yourself a 100,000 gallon tank with an open roof so when it rains (or has a hurricane, he lives in florida) it will overflow and destroy his house, and most likely his street. OH LOOK!! It is raining yellow tangs!!!! :thinking:
lol yeah... imagine the price for that... u kno what... he'll probably just clse all the windows anddoors and use his house for the tank

ok lets get off the rich topic... my fault bringing it up....
:hilarious