I Love New Snow

beth

Administrator
Staff member
None of that in FLA. I'm wearing my shorts today as its rather warm.

deejeff442

i drove to the gas station an hour ago.the streets are solid ice. i saw 6 cars in ditches within 3 miles.why do people with little cars think they can drive in this stuff?i grew up driving in this stuff and even i know not to go anywhere if you dont have to.

snakeblitz33

I have seen snow a couple times in my life. Don't miss it as much as you would think,

Bang, how was your trip? You came home and went straight to hunting? Must have been a good trip!?

gemmy

This is what a coating looks like here:

Got about 10" and they were only calling for a coating. I almost got stuck in it. I was heading out to go Christmas shopping. It was not that bad and since they were not calling for a huge amount, I figured I would still go out. I got down the road and it turned into whiteout conditions. A fender bender happened right in front of me. I decided that Christmas shopping was no longer important and came home. It was probably one of the most nerve wracking drives I have ever taken.

bang guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/396771/i-love-new-snow#post_3535165
I have seen snow a couple times in my life. Don't miss it as much as you would think,

Bang, how was your trip? You came home and went straight to hunting? Must have been a good trip!?

The jet lag to India kicked my arse. In my younger days it had little effect when I was sent to Korea or the middle east. Age certainly made a difference in my case.

India was an eye opener as to how an emerging country handles itself. Malaysia was awesome. It shows what can be accomplished with forethought and business insight. Dubai is just plain decadent. The US can't even hold a candle to the decadence of unadulterated oil money.

Deer hunting here is mislabeled. I sit in a tree and pick which deer to shoot. There's no real hunting involved, just a harvest.

beaslbob

Snow?
Snow?
what's that.
Oh yea I remember. having grown up in iowa and been stationed is south dakota for 5 years. LOL
I remember we actually got a couple of inches a few years back. Couldn't even find a snow shovel. LOL

jay0705

Your in Wyoming county? I hunt in catt. We had alot of deer for bow,gun I saw maybe 4 lol

deejeff442

funny watching these texans deal with this stuff.i saw a guy out at his front gate yesterday with a propane tank with a torch on it trying to melt the snow so the gate would swing open.the snow/ice was 4 inches tall.guess he never heard of a shovel

silverado61

Up here in Illinois, our wazoos get the best of both worlds. We get to freeze them off in the winter and we sweat them off in the summer.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///t/396771/i-love-new-snow#post_3535214
funny watching these texans deal with this stuff.i saw a guy out at his front gate yesterday with a propane tank with a torch on it trying to melt the snow so the gate would swing open.the snow/ice was 4 inches tall.guess he never heard of a shovel

For all the snow Texans get...he most likely didn't own one, nor would any stores in the area even have them in stock to buy. It's very dangerous when your tires are not all season, 4 inches of snow is plenty to have everyone not be able to drive in it. Our lovely state has cold weather every year. We know to winterize our cars, and we know to keep equipment in the garage each year to move snow...they don't need to.