I need a super bowl snack that will impress a girl...

jtt

So, as some of you may remember, a while back I was having difficulty asking a girl out. I posted a thread basically asking how do I ask girls out. many of you responded with all good ideas, and I thank you for that. Now the girl in question, did not really... well... she just didnt respond to the idea, and without too much embarrassment its clear that shes not interested. Moving on.
I just started a new job, its an awesome job, a glorious job, I love it. I also love my coworkers, they are incredible. One of my coworkers has a sister who just happens to be my age, she also just happens to be drop dead gorgeous.
The other night, a bunch of us from work went to a mexican restaurant to consume alcoholic beverages because it was payday and they had a margarita friday night special. My coworker friend brought her sister, and her sister totally thinks Im incredible. The whole night I was crackin jokes and she just ate it up, she loved every word that came out of my mouth. at one point i needed to not look at her because she was just watching me and smiling.
I had to leave early because I had a long distance to drive to get home because I commute, but as soon as I left, she told all the other people I work with how awesome she thinks I am and how cool I am. I also got her number and have been texting her and talking throughout this week. shes heaps cool.
Anyways, due to many unfortunate circumstances, we havnt hung out one on one yet, but shes throwing a superbowl party and invited me to come along. This is where you guys come in....
I need advice on what to bring to the party. they are already providing beverages, chicken wings, meatballs, mozzarella sticks, mini hot dogs, bean dip, fruit platter, cheese platter, veggie platter, and a myriad of other food. but she has asked me to make a dessert. So I need to make something that can be eaten at a super bowl party, that makes me look like a culinary genius. Now, remember how this chick is the sister of my coworker? well my coworker is diabetic, and the sister has asked me to make sure its either sugar free or made with splenda.
any ideas? something unique... something home made and not just bought at the store... something no one else would think to make...

mimzy

try a diabetic recipe website.... there are lots out there, but be sure to try the recipe yourself at least once before the party 2 be certain that it comes out well.
there are diabetic cheesecakes, mouses, trifles, cakes, cookies.... the sky is the limit now that splenda is around.

yearofthenick

I would just bring a crap load of those sugar free jell-o cups. to hell with the culinary expertise.
Or you could just make a big jell-o in one of those angelfood trays... throw a little sugar free fruit cocktail in it.

jtt

i was thinking diabetic friendly cheesecake or chocolate cheesecake... i love bananas so maybe banana cheesecake. chicks LOVE cheesecake

t316

I don't have a freakin' clue JTT, but just wanted to say congrats on the whole new girl deal. I know the butterflies are probably swarming in your stomach, and I'm sure you will impress at the party. Best of luck bud...

U

usirchchris

Originally Posted by JTT
http:///forum/post/2932405
i was thinking diabetic friendly cheesecake or chocolate cheesecake... i love bananas so maybe banana cheesecake. chicks LOVE cheesecake
If you could do that...it'd be great. Cheesecake is AWESOME
...not super bowl type food IMO, but then again I don't really think any dessert is...so if she asked for a dessert that is a good one

crimzy

Jello shots???

Actually I wouldn't cook something. I'd just go to the store and pick up something simple. You don't want to try too hard.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by JTT
http:///forum/post/2932406
thanks for defending me... but way to totally not suggest a recipe idea... lol
Np. lol Ummm... I like ruaround's idea about the sugar free brownies. I also like your banana cheese cake idea as well.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by JTT
http:///forum/post/2932405
Cheesecake will work too. Skip the bananas. Keep it plain. Make one for yourself first. If it is gross then you don't want to bring it there
Try out different things, but try it first!!

coral keeper

Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/post/2932413
Jello shots???

Actually I wouldn't cook something. I'd just go to the store and pick up something simple. You don't want to try too hard.
IMO if you make the dessert yourself she will like you even more.

t316

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2932416
Cheesecake will work too. Skip the bananas. Keep it plain. Make one for yourself first. If it is gross then you don't want to bring it there
Try out different things, but try it first!!
This reminds me.. Here's one that my wife does all the time.
It's basically a fruit dipping tray, but cut up some bannana slices, apple slices, pineapple, and strawberrys, and in the center have some chocolate (you will have to melt the chocolate in the microwave once you get there). But they dip the fruit in the chocolate, and if diabetic... they can skip the chocolate. Always a hit.