I would love your hitchhiker opinion.

cranberry

I hang a bit over here in the hitchhiker forum and am looking for those of you who hang here as well to critique something for me.
I've been trying to figure outa way to organize some of my critter photos. I haven't selected font or anything and please please please don't read anything past the critter name....
http://www.lionfishlair.com/hitchhiker/hitchhiker.shtml
And no, not all the pictures are up yet.... I'm digging for them.
The pics will be able to be enlarged and each critter wil go to a page with a bit more indepth info.... if you click on Read More under Nudibranch - Predatory #2.
I was thinking this could be a quick look down through if someone had no idea what they had in their tank. Am I hitting it at all? Do you have suggestions?

vinny p

this is awsome, keep it up man.. many people could figure just from sifting through....thanks i bookmarked it.

naclh2o nut

Go Cranberry!

I like, that will be nice, I know you said don't read past name but, looks like everything is a zoo killer
That will take some work, but will help so many when its done.
I would save it in my favorites. If this is the website of the final product then I will add it now.
Keep us updated.

r1v2c

+1
Cranberry, the website is pretty awesome ... it will really help alot of people answer questions who are curious / paranoid about new creepy-crawlies in their tank.

defcon11

Too bad everything needs to be removed according to the site, which is false. I don't think q-tip sponges are predatory on zoos, nor are feather dusters, or isopods. This sight is telling everyone to take out everything that grows in their tank. I think that the page still has some work, and should get their info straight.

cranberry

Originally Posted by defcon11
http:///forum/post/2967406
Too bad everything needs to be removed according to the site, which is false. I don't think q-tip sponges are predatory on zoos, nor are feather dusters, or isopods. This sight is telling everyone to take out everything that grows in their tank. I think that the page still has some work, and should get their info straight.
Sure would be nice if people actually read what ya wrote, instead of just assuming.
I asked... actually I said please 3 times, not to read past the critter name. Did you notice it was the same thing over and over and over again? Everything is just a template that I pasted again and again to set the page up. I want to make sure it "worked" for everyone else here amongst my hitchhiker friends before I invest too much time in the "wrong idea". I'm sure there is a more professional way to go about this but... I'm not a professional and these are just pictures I've taken of my critters to share. All info will be correct when I actually get down to the critter info part.
I'm probably typing an awful long explaination for something that won't get read.

cranberry

Thank you everyone for your nice comments. If you have suggestions I'm really an open book (limited by my internet skillz :). That's why put up a work in progress.... so ya can give me the cold hard truth.
There's some key critters I'm missing and I'm going to be doing some pretty hard begging to collect them to photograph. I'll have phyto to trade!!

shyfish

Hi,
Everyone was raving about the site so I did a little peek to see. Did I miss something???
I went to the site.
It lists everything ...But it has almost all of them as eating zoanthids. Even the little sponges??????

When I click for more info it takes me to the box snail for every one of them, did I do something wrong?

I know the tiny little sponges are harmless, they just filter feed, and it even has little feather dusters listed as predators.

After looking at the list I was thinking it would be best to just not have zoanthids.

cranberry

o_O
I honestly don't know how else to say it or how to make it more clear.
Don't read any of the content on the page. Please read the content in this thread explaining why you shouldn't read the text in the link itself.
Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/2967418
I read what you wrote...

LOL... TY.

shyfish

I am soo red faced!
I guess I was so excited to find info on all the hitchhiker stuff... I apologize. Can I blame my back medicine?? I have been on pain meds for two days.
I did not see the plea to not read it yet, how I missed it is beyond me.

caz2022

Thank God, finally an answer to why I have no zoanthids in my tank-EVERYTHING eats them!!! Personally I always did consider the Q-tip sponge the "cheetah" of the filter feeders!! Just kidding-great webpage-cant wait til its finished. It's definitly in my top 10 of bookmarks!!

cranberry

Originally Posted by jtrzerocool
http:///forum/post/2967564
this is going to be a great site...when do you plan on having everything up to date?
Well, so far it's taken me about 4 years to figure out a "look" and to write up Sundial Snail, Aeolid, Isopod and Asterina. So, maybe another 10 years :)

jtrzerocool

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/2968062
Well, so far it's taken me about 4 years to figure out a "look" and to write up Sundial Snail, Aeolid, Isopod and Asterina. So, maybe another 10 years :)
LOL...guess i'll bookmark it and check it once a year...

mantisman51

So, you're gonna give us a little peekaboo to tease us? And here I was sitting in my beanbag eating Cheetos, all ready to go.
Looks nice. There are 3 things in there I've been wondering about. And they all eat zoas. Just kidding.