Id On Eggs

katsafados

Found some eggs stuck on the glass.
They appear to be clear bloobs. with soem sort of thin strings floating i nthe water colum (not long). They also have white specs inside the clear bloobs.
It almost looks like a nucleous (clear bloob) with DNA(white specs) inside it. (I know that isnt what it is most likely)
heres a crappy cell phone pic..
Attachment 234050
Stock list:
holloween hermits
blue legg hermits
astrea snails
nassarius snails
turbo snails
scarlet hermit
green emerald crab
cleanner shrimp
clown fish
linned blenny
unknown red foot snail
stomalla snails
cerith snails
and i think thats it.
Thanks!

cranberry

Probably nassarius.
What red foot snail do you have in there. It's probably a coldwater species.

katsafados

I have no idea. When I got it at big als they said it was a nassarius snail, since it had the same type of shell. But it doesnt have the long nose or w.e, nor does it spend most of its time in the sand. It usually stays on the glass, and sometimes on the rockwork.
I was thinking it might have been a baby bear conch or soemthing like that, since I saw a pic of them, and one has a red foot like mine. But I have no idea!
It was one of the first snails I put into my tank.
Whats the probability of these eggs hatching? I think my number of nassarius snails went down.

cranberry

Didn't see you had turbos... turbos lay separate egg sacks like that as well. Can you get a quick pic of the nassarius? If it's not a vibex then it's probably turbo eggs. While you're are at it, can you get a pic of the red foot snail? If you can.....
You won't have to worry about the snail eggs. They won't survive.

spanko

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3166037
Didn't see you had turbos... turbos lay separate egg sacks like that as well. Can you get a quick pic of the nassarius? If it's not a vibex then it's probably turbo eggs. While you're are at it, can you get a pic of the red foot snail? If you can.....
You won't have to worry about the snail eggs. They won't survive.
I bet I can answer this for him.
Daniel..."All I have is my crappy phone camera. I have to wait to get the GF's camera".
What do you think Meowzer and Nissan, pretty accurate??????

cranberry

Okay, I found an un-ID'd pic of a red footed nassarius... well that's what they are calling it. I've never seen that before. Oh, if you can at all, get some pics. Interesting.
Does it look like a conch (there is one that has a red foot) or does it look like a nass?

meowzer

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3166044
I bet I can answer this for him.
Daniel..."All I have is my crappy phone camera. I have to wait to get the GF's camera".
What do you think Meowzer and Nissan, pretty accurate??????
RIGHT ON HENRY

katsafados

BHAHAHA HENRY
Cranberry listen to Henry..
You'll have to wait untill friday most likely for my to try to get a pic! I'll be seeing my G.f on thursday haha.
The red foot snail kind of looks like a nassarius strictly because of its shell, but other than that it doesnt look like one. The foot is more long than wide, when my nassarius snail foots seem to be as long as they are thick. Also like stated before stays mostly on the glass and on the rocks.
The shell also seems to have spikes around the top cone part like a conch, thats why I thought it was.
I took a crappy cell phone pic of it, but my guess its to blurry to be any use.
Attachment 234135
Attachment 234136

katsafados

Sorry it took so long for decent pics but there posted in my thread..
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/356965/katsafados-first-ever-10g-sw-tank-nano/3060#post_3175886
post 3071

cranberry

Did you get that snail from the same place you got the margarita snail?
The margarita snail in the last snail on the glass and the shell the hermit is in.

katsafados

Yeah all at big als.. lol
The astrea snails were bought somewhere else..
That shell waqs acctually always empty.. just and extra shell.. I have 3 margareta snails havent lost one..
What you think the red one is?

cranberry

Just trying to make a possible environmental link. If you got the cold water margarita snails from the same place, there was a chance these were too. That would minimize the search a little. But I'm sure Big Al's has multiple vendors they get their snails from.
Lemme see if I can find him in any of my books. I've used them so much they are falling apart and I'm starting to loose pages.
Santa is bringing me some new ones.

cranberry

The red foot looks like my Columbellid... I'm trying to see if there are some with a red foot.
Originally Posted by Katsafados
http:///forum/post/3175899
The margareta snails are cold water ones?!?! They seem to like my temp at 80deg c.
They are definitely cold water snails. I can collect them locally.... and it is way cold here. He may seem happy (how does a snail seem happy though?) but he's slowly cooking to death in there.

katsafados

They eat the most alage in the tank lol.. They dont stop! They also have grown in size, I acctually saw the rings as they grew.