ID Please

cofishguy

It kinda looks the same, but when mine was retracted at night it looks like it is composed of like 3 main centers....if that makes sense. They're kind of oriented in like a triangle pattern. Both of them are the same way, made up of 3 clumps
I tried taking pics of it retracted, but they didnt come out so well.
I'll keep trying.
Again, thanks to all who are responding.
Ken

icy1155

Since you said that it withdraws into more than one spot it is most likley a LPS of some sort, and from looking at it it looks like some sort of Euphyllia like the pic i linked to. In time it will grow off of the rock as it forms a skeleton. The reason you cant see one now is it was newly settled when they collected your live rock. Euphyllia are a pretty hardy family if kept under decent conditons with moderate to strong light. They are mostly photosynthetic but if offered small foods such as brine they will take them. My hammer gets a treat every week or so of a few frozen brine and he is doing amazing. Good luck with them and if you ever feel like gettin rid of them let me know ;)

cofishguy

Thanks, I'll keep you posted with updates as they get bigger and maybe confirm that they are indeed some sort of Euphyllia. That would be cool!
Ken

cofishguy

Hello all,
Well, no need to worry about the Calupera. One of my Emerald Crabs has been keeping it under control for me. As for the "bubble" stuff, it's getting bigger and hopefully in a couple of weeks I can take more pics to confirm what some of you have already said it might be.
Thanks
Ken

cofishguy

I don't think that it is Turbinaria Reniformis. I thought that Turbinaria Renformis is more of a "plate" coral. These have lots of tentical type things...sometimes they get much longer than shown on the picture. No one has been able to tell me what they are. They came as a hitch hiker on the rock because I bought it for the Daisy Polyps on there.

reefkprz

I was basing that off the appearance of the skeleton underneath the extended polyps, it could be a peltata instead of a reniformis, some of them have rather long tentacles that hide the "plate" rather well. and like I said I could very well be wrong.

cofishguy

No problem, I do appreciate all the replies. ANd to be honest its not a big deal, its just that it bugs me not knowing what that is in my tank. :)
If anyone can positively ID this thing it would be great!
Ken
Pueblo, CO

paintballer768

Now Im not very good at this but this is what I think. The tentacles look like something from a torch coral, but I dont think torches have separate heads like that. Maybe a duncan? Again :notsure:

petjunkie

Can you get a pic of it closed up? The skeleton looks like a turbinaria but the coral really doesn't. Hard to tell open either way.

cofishguy

Thanks again to all who posted. I do appreciate the help.
Happy New Year to all. May 2008 bring everyone here great things.
Ken

cofishguy

Yes, you are right, it does look like torch coral. ANd the description that SWF.com gives for theirs is pretty much right on with how mine looks.
Thanks again!

cofishguy

HMMMM...now I am confused...yes, it does look like Galaxia, at least like the pic in the SWF.com website. The base skeleton that it is on looks exactly like the one mine is on..but mine has longer "tenticals". LOL....this is actually fun trying to find out what I have.
Ken