If you were born between 1965 and 1977

nigerbang

Clash of The Titans, Silver Hawk??!?!? WOW, I havent thought of either of those in years....Off to ---- I go...

dragonzim

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
transformers, silver hawk, thundercats, gi joe, hanna barbara cartoons all my favorites
YES! Just add Voltron to that list and you've got all my favorite cartoons! I went searching for Silverhawk episodes a while back and couldnt find any anywhere. Youtube only had short excerpts from them.

renogaw

ok, so now that everyone's been down memory lane, let me ask some questions...
what the heck happened to us? why did we forget that we had energy and had to go outside to play and don't do the same to our kids? why are we in such a litigous society that we have to have guards on trampolines?
what happened to the values that these tv shows used to give us? there always was a moral at the end of gi joe, there was always messages of working together on voltron...
now, you have family guy and the simpsons :(

jonthefishguy

Kids today wouldnt have lasted 5 minutes in our shoes back then. Today they are bunch of spoiled couch potatoes and become bored too easily if there isnt something electronic infront of them. The difference is back then we were grateful if we got something and the generation today thinks they are entitled to.

reefreak29

Originally Posted by jonthefishguy
Kids today wouldnt have lasted 5 minutes in our shoes back then. Today they are bunch of spoiled couch potatoes and become bored too easily if there isnt something electronic infront of them. The difference is back then we were grateful if we got something and the generation today thinks they are entitled to.

now you know they used to say that about us

m0nk

Originally Posted by reefreak29
now you know they used to say that about us

That is true.
I think that society as a whole has changed, so we have had to adapt. That's about all I can come up with.

arod268

Originally Posted by alix2.0
i am also convinced shaggy parties it up in the mystery machine and that why him & scooby always had the munchies...

J

jrthomas40

you cant just tell a kid to go run around the neighborhood any more...if you dont keep an eye out for them some one will snatch them up and they really will be lost...i definitely think kids today are lazy and need to be more active but also i think a lot has to do with the increase of child kidnappings and the parents being to busy to go out and watch over them all day....i remember i used to leave the house at like 10 or 11 in the morning and be out playing ALL DAY till dinner then go back out to play till "street lights"...kids cant do that today they will either be off doing BAD things or get snatched up

m0nk

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
you cant just tell a kid to go run around the neighborhood any more...if you dont keep an eye out for them some one will snatch them up and they really will be lost...i definitely think kids today are lazy and need to be more active but also i think a lot has to do with the increase of child kidnappings and the parents being to busy to go out and watch over them all day....i remember i used to leave the house at like 10 or 11 in the morning and be out playing ALL DAY till dinner then go back out to play till "street lights"...kids cant do that today they will either be off doing BAD things or get snatched up
Yes, the increase in kidnappings is an unfortunate reality. I like watching my son play in the yard and if I have to work I have a RangeMax router so I can sit on the porch with my laptop, and we still go for walks, etc. I do worry that things will be worse by the time he's old enough to play on his own, so I don't know what he'll be allowed to do by then.

rylan1

Michael Jackson was the biggest star back then...
The 80's movies were great....
everything from ET... Rambo...Can't Buy Me Love.... Lucas... Beverly Hills Cop...and on and on... Saturday Mornings was actually an event.

rylan1

Originally Posted by jonthefishguy
All you needed to be a princess was high heels and an apron. The Sit'n'spin always made you dizzy, but never made you stop. Pogoballs were dangerous weapons, and Chinese Jump ropes never failed to trip someone. In your Underoos you were Wonder Woman, Spider Man or R2D2. In your treehouse, you were king. In the 80's nothing was wrong. Did you know the president was shot? Did you see the Challenger explode or feed a homeless man? We forgot Vietnam and watched Tiananmen Square on CNN. We didn't start the fire, Billy Joel. In the 80's we redefined the American Dream, and those years defined us. We are the generation in between strife and facing strife and turning our backs.
The 80's may have made us idealistic, but it's that idealism that will push us and be passed to our children-the children of the 21st Century. We had neighborhoods where in the day we could play kick-the-can,ring-o-levio, "guns", and all of the things that made us "Grownup". There was always that one field that could be used for either baseball, football, or just a place to hang out. That was my field of dreams, Mr.Costner. At night we would play
flashlight tag, and we could trick-or-treat at night without the fear of being killed. We loved orange race tracks... that was until our mother realized she could smack us with them. We collected Cabbage Patch kids, and their ugly offspring Garbage Pail kids. We collected football & baseball cards, but it was because we wanted to be the first in the neighborhood the have the complete set. We played with He-Man and Skelator. Going to get a Happy Meal on Saturday with Mom or Dad was worth waiting the other six days of the week. Was Green Lantern the coolest superhero or Aquaman? "Wonder-twin powers activate!" This is what growing up in the 70's & 80's was all about! So if you are reading this and it ALL hits home then you do indeed
have a heritage or a generation. This is what makes us the most unique generation of all.

We are the generation that saw the change from analog to digital and the coming of age of personal computers... I remember everything from Atari to Nintendo- to Sega... to what we have today. Commadore's and IBMS... the beginnings of the Internet.... Computer labs in schools...can I say"cellular phones!" Pagers.... Records...8 tracks ... tapes....I remember when CD players were like $500

digitydash

WOW I died laughing @ those.They are classics.How about the smurfs,roadrunner and coyote,Tom & Jerry,Flinstones,Bugs bunny that waskally wabit.
yes power ranger is a voltron knock off.

tne1cancme

Whew! what memories, getting up on Saturday morning to watch cartoons, because that was the day they came on. My fav. had to be Sigmund the sea monster, but by noon they were all over and you were out the door for the rest of the day until mom made you come in.
Now a days I hear Duran Duran or Aldo Nova and have to laugh because I use to think that they were the coolest,
Man I was a Dork
, Oh wait I still am!

reefreak29

remember when we had to get off the couch to change the channel, there were 2,5,7,9,32,and what channel u , how many had to use needle nose pliers to change the channel because the knob broke off

namman

as a 'Land of the Lost' Sleestack, I hope you all have a great New Year. Maybe I can find my Hong Kong Phooey lunchbox and party down

digitydash

Originally Posted by reefreak29
remember when we had to get off the couch to change the channel, there were 2,5,7,9,32,and what channel u , how many had to use needle nose pliers to change the channel because the knob broke off

jenni620

oooh!! awesome list of memories!! how about this one....did anyone play "Oregon Trails" in computer lab when you were in elementary school? Those were the best days! lol...on those old crappy computers with the green screen? lol love it!