I'm getting a 750 gal...need ideas!

nwdyr

Lookin good
I have not been around for awhile , I thought you would have water in that bad boy already
I understand its a HUGE project! Hope it goes smooth for you

bioneck47

Hey thanks nwdyr and LC, it's been going pretty slow the last few weeks but I'm confident that within the next two to three weeks, it'll be fish ready. It's just not going to look as nice as I wanted it to without the rock structure covering the overflow.
My next project is the overflow standpipes. I want them to be as quite as possible and little restriction to flow. So any ideas for my standpipes would be greatly appreciated!

small triggers

so are you going to build a rock structure around the center overflow? is that what the rock walls were for? Sorry that didnt go so good. I tried a little piece for the corner of my tank tha gets to much sun,, that didnt cure right either, stayed sticky??? Whatever hope everything else goes acording to plan, the only thing i wished i would remebered to do was put in backflow restricer valves on mine. next time though. You learn alot on your own mistakes and those of others, lol

bioneck47

Originally Posted by small triggers
http:///forum/post/2949302
so are you going to build a rock structure around the center overflow? is that what the rock walls were for? Sorry that didnt go so good. I tried a little piece for the corner of my tank tha gets to much sun,, that didnt cure right either, stayed sticky??? Whatever hope everything else goes acording to plan, the only thing i wished i would remebered to do was put in backflow restricer valves on mine. next time though. You learn alot on your own mistakes and those of others, lol
yeah, that's exactly what the rock structure was for. I don't understand why it didn't cure, it really sucks because that took two weeks of my time and over $100(finding rocks, ordering the epoxy, getting the eggcrate, applying the foam and waiting for it to cure,etc.) I'm sure the tank would almost be ready if I hadn't messed with that, but oh well I guess. +1 on you live and you learn

pbnj

Originally Posted by bioneck47
http:///forum/post/2949357
yeah, that's exactly what the rock structure was for. I don't understand why it didn't cure, it really sucks because that took two weeks of my time and over $100(finding rocks, ordering the epoxy, getting the eggcrate, applying the foam and waiting for it to cure,etc.) I'm sure the tank would almost be ready if I hadn't messed with that, but oh well I guess. +1 on you live and you learn

A blessing in disguise, if you ask me. I'm not a big fan of those foamback projects. In fact, I hate 'em. Just let that coralline take over and in time, it will look much better and more natural. You can also stack live rock to cover most of the overflow column.

spanko

Originally Posted by pbnj
http:///forum/post/2952419
A blessing in disguise, if you ask me. I'm not a big fan of those foamback projects. In fact, I hate 'em. Just let that coralline take over and in time, it will look much better and more natural. You can also stack live rock to cover most of the overflow column.

Oh I like them, how about this? Same build over time.

bioneck47

Yeah, I like the foam rock too. It's just somewhat of a pain getting the rocks stacked that high without them falling over (48" high). That was my reasoning for the foam rock, but maybe your right pbnj, it may be better that way.
Spanko, the tank will be in our bedroom which was once our two car garage. So it's a pretty big room.

pbnj

http:///forum/post/2953102
Yeah, I like the foam rock too. It's just somewhat of a pain getting the rocks stacked that high without them falling over (48" high). That was my reasoning for the foam rock, but maybe your right pbnj, it may be better that way.
Spanko, the tank will be in our bedroom which was once our two car garage. So it's a pretty big room.
You could use an acrylic rod and drill/stack the live rock that way.
You're keeping that monster in your bedroom? Man, you must have one understanding wife.

My wife complains about the noise of my 75g in the bedroom.
I told her I'll move everything out to the living room, but only if I can upgrade to a 240g!

premilove

I remember reading when yon first got the tank, it was going to be fish only have you considered areef tank ? thatwuld bepretty beast!

small triggers

The only problem with a reef is how would be get in there, lol? how are you planning on putting all the rock and such in there? you said it was gonna be tight to start with,,,

bioneck47

The tank is finally on the stand! It was actually a lot easier getting in and out than what I had first imagined. Hopefully if all goes well I will have it fish ready with all my LR and sand in two weeks.
Attachment 219580
A little size comparison with a 5 gallon bucket...
Attachment 219581

R

regina13

http:///forum/post/2955959
The tank is finally on the stand! It was actually a lot easier getting in and out than what I had first imagined. Hopefully if all goes well I will have it fish ready with all my LR and sand in two weeks.
Attachment 219580
Attachment 219581

Can't wait to see fish in that! Your dog is so cute how he/she is just sitting there out of the way.

crimzy

http:///forum/post/2955959
Attachment 219580
Attachment 219581
Incredible!!!!

You're going to have fish in that bad boy in two weeks??? That would be amazing. Don't you still have a lot of plumbing and filtration to set up? I'll bet it will take a long time to fill that sucker with RO water. Nothing like dropping $300 just on salt, huh?

small triggers

Im assuming that you are going to have back flow preventors on your plumbing for the returns? that would be very bad if you ever had a power outage and it started to suck back through. Anyways,,, looking good