I'm getting a 750 gal...need ideas!

cufishfan

I'm sure I'm speaking for everyone who's subscribed to this thread when I ask... ANY UPDATES? a few pictures?? Please?!?!

bioneck47

Sorry everyone for not giving any updates, been really busy and haven't been on. Everything had to be put to a stop for a couple of weeks. I figured out that the return pump from my sump (reeflo dart) was going to be too small so I ordered a new reeflo blackfin 6000. I should have known that from the start
, plus it was really tough assembling all of the plumbing, but now it's just down to waiting for the ro water. It's about halfway full now so I'd say probably another 5-6 days of making ro water and it will at least be completely up and running. Unfortunately for all of us, projects this big take a lot of time to do, especially when you're doing most of the work all by yourself. But finally it's almost there!

Will be posting pics soon...

bioneck47

here's some pics taken today. I was rearranging the rocks, it was a pain in the *ss getting all of the rock in and trying to stack it nicely. I ordered another 100lbs of fiji rock bringing the total weight to around 500-600 lbs. Only about 150 gallons of water left until it's ready!
Attachment 221314
Attachment 221315

bioneck47

Here's a couple of new guys in qt that will be added once up and running.
figured since my avatar is a black hawaiian trigger, might as well get one. Hope he gets along with my black durgeon trigger...
Attachment 221317
Attachment 221318
Attachment 221319
And a small purple tang...
Attachment 221320
I've also got a blue face angel, french angel, dussumeri tang, tennent tang, yellow belly blue hippo, and powder blue tang arriving next week. Can't wait!!

kjr_trig

Awesome list of fish you have coming for the tank Bio...I wouldn't expect anything else
I think in a tank that size a Hawaiian and Indian Trigger will be great, Black Hawaiians sure like to hang out together in the wild, I would think they will be fine in your tank too.

bioneck47

Thanks guys!kjr, I think they'll be fine too. I'm actually hesitant on adding some of my smaller fish to the mix. My indian trigger is huge now (7-8")and doesn't put up with any crap from my other fish. So I might just wait until my smaller fish get a little bigger before I add em.
I finally finished aquascaping (for now) and let me tell you, it was a pain in the rear. Trying to stack the rocks high was a challenge, in some instances I had to completely submerge myself under water and the rocks where constantly falling over. But all is well now and all I'm waiting for now is the water from my RO.

bioneck47

Here's some pics of my pumps. The middle one is a dart for size comparison. The one on the right is a reeflo hammerhead for my closed loop, and the left is a reeflo blackfin for my return.
Attachment 221361

pbnj

Maybe I'm Monday-morning QBing here, but wouldn't it have been easier to stack the rocks before you added the water? If they're stable and sturdy with no water, then I imagine they'll be so after the water is added too. Better visbility too.
Admit it, you just wanted an excuse to swim around in the tank, didn't you?

bioneck47

Originally Posted by pbnj
http:///forum/post/2988626
Maybe I'm Monday-morning QBing here, but wouldn't it have been easier to stack the rocks before you added the water? If they're stable and sturdy with no water, then I imagine they'll be so after the water is added too. Better visbility too.
Admit it, you just wanted an excuse to swim around in the tank, didn't you?

Well with cured live rock and a big tank you can't really do that. The tank would more than likely crash from the die off. And I don't have a container large enough to hold 500-600 gallons of water to add after stacking the rock. Trust me, I would have loved to do it that way. Although it does look like fun, jumping in the tank full of water was not fun at all.

A

arlene1995

WATER!!!!! (almost)...

I still am unable to get over the sheer size of that tank! It could pass as one a public aquarium would utilize! Impressive!

small triggers

very pretty,,,, You already put your fish in, I mean i know you used cured rock but geez, i thought I was impatient, I would have atleast waited for the sand to stop clouding, lol.

bioneck47

Originally Posted by small triggers
http:///forum/post/2991057
very pretty,,,, You already put your fish in, I mean i know you used cured rock but geez, i thought I was impatient, I would have atleast waited for the sand to stop clouding, lol.
yeah I had to because the online store that I ordered my fish from messed up and sent two fish out yesterday instead of next week. So I had to empty out my 120 qt to make some room. The two fish are a fowleri and a yellow belly blue hippo.