I'm in the hospital

kiefers

hiya....... lol
It will take a few days for you to start feeling better. The time will fly, just enjoy your "vaca"
Can I get you anything........ you know a pain pill, bedpan, enema. Anything?

S

siptang

Flower you are on my prayers today. I hope you overcome all of this.

mr. limpid

WOW Flower, first I read about Sip being depressed and now you. I know being in the hospital sucks, but they will get you healthy again. And soon you'll be back with your horses and birds. Keep a positive mind set and you will get strong again. Your a fighter, you can bet this. You tore down that 90gal. tank clean it up rebuilt it up into a new horse tank all buy yourself, fighting this will be no challenge to you. My prayers are with you.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Limpid http:///t/392131/im-in-the-hospital/20#post_3480423
WOW Flower, first I read about Sip being depressed and now you. I know being in the hospital sucks, but they will get you healthy again. And soon you'll be back with your horses and birds. Keep a positive mind set and you will get strong again. Your a fighter, you can bet this. You tore down that 90gal. tank clean it up rebuilt it up into a new horse tank all buy yourself, fighting this will be no challenge to you. My prayers are with you.
LOL...The grandkids did the work under my supervision on that tank...I did manage to mess up my shoulder pouring 5g jugs of water into it.
I won't give up, I just feel so out of it just to do something as small as moving in bed. I love this site ans when my mother asked what to bring to me...I ask for my laptop so I could waste my time on solitary and writing to you guys. My phone is near usless ..The nurse is here

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaodissa http:///t/392131/im-in-the-hospital/20#post_3480442
FB games keep me entertained when the kiddos are down for a nap :) Bingo is one of my favorites!
Once FB finds you for those games your doomed forever...LOL, I have scrabble and spider solitaire and I do have FB, I just don't do the games or zodiac.
Mother, Lena and the two oldest girls came to visit me tonight. The girls said they would take turns and stay with me this entire summer, and if need be go to school out here so they can continue. I won't have them sacrifice that much but those girls are so sweet and meant it whole-heartedly.
Doctor said my heart looks okay and all the problem is just in the lungs...he said I should feel better by Saturday and can maybe go home, but said I will be on blood thinners and the clots won't dissolve for 6 months to a year. I dodged a bullet this time.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I had an episodes of "I just can't catch my breath for the life of me" last year. It sounded similar to what you describe but I did not have pulmonary embolism. That is the first thing that the pulmonologist checked for though. It was so bizarre because the simple things that we all take for granted, like walking over to the bathroom, took some serious effort. I have been diagnosed with restricted lung disease but for the most part, it usually does not bother me. My mom had COPD and at the end, could not move without assistance and an O2 tank. Even eating was a labor.
Be sure that you set yourself up with a good doctor (or team of doctors) for aftercare.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/392131/im-in-the-hospital/20#post_3480459
I had an episodes of "I just can't catch my breath for the life of me" last year. It sounded similar to what you describe but I did not have pulmonary embolism. That is the first thing that the pulmonologist checked for though. It was so bizarre because the simple things that we all take for granted, like walking over to the bathroom, took some serious effort. I have been diagnosed with restricted lung disease but for the most part, it usually does not bother me. My mom had COPD and at the end, could not move without assistance and an O2 tank. Even eating was a labor.
Be sure that you set yourself up with a good doctor (or team of doctors) for aftercare.
Wow, you take care of yourself too...restricted lung disease sounds aweful. My Father died of COPD and in the end he couldn't feed himself, he couldn't utter a sound and could only point.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I plan to be on top of my problem. I have scar tissue on left lung likely due to having a lengthy bout with pneumonia several years ago. I usually don't notice any problem, but sometimes I do get the lung issue and have to take high levels of steroids until things calm down. Obviously since mom had copd, lung issues runs in the family. Neither of us smoke either.
If you are having a problem with your roommate, you can asked to be moved to another room where you can set the temp at comfortable level. Don't be afraid to request that. The hospital has to try to accommodate your comfort needs. For me, breathing cold air is worse.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/392131/im-in-the-hospital/20#post_3480492
Well, I plan to be on top of my problem. I have scar tissue on left lung likely due to having a lengthy bout with pneumonia several years ago. I usually don't notice any problem, but sometimes I do get the lung issue and have to take high levels of steroids until things calm down. Obviously since mom had copd, lung issues runs in the family. Neither of us smoke either.
If you are having a problem with your roommate, you can asked to be moved to another room where you can set the temp at comfortable level. Don't be afraid to request that. The hospital has to try to accommodate your comfort needs. For me, breathing cold air is worse.
My roomy is going home today. They gave her extra blankets and got me a fan to boot. Thanks for the encouragment to speak up. Now i have a new problem...they changed my IV site yesterday...it bled so bad that it looked like I had been stabbed or shot...from a tiny pinhole. Now this morning it had stopped bleeding but my arm is swelling as I type...it's bleeding inside. They stopped the (4th) bag of heprin and are running around trying to find the doctor...I have to go...say a prayer.

flower

LOL...It looks like will live. The nurse pushed on the bruise and would you believe the pin hole still bled...so soon after that, the swelling started going down. thery re-started the heprin on the other arm and ace wrapped the right arm...I look like I have been in a war.

jaodissa

Im sorry hun :( Sending you lots of get well prayers! I was bad and bought something for my fish tank.. shh don't tell anyone haha. I will post a picture on my thread when it opens up :)

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaodissa http:///t/392131/im-in-the-hospital/20#post_3480533
Im sorry hun :( Sending you lots of get well prayers! I was bad and bought something for my fish tank.. shh don't tell anyone haha. I will post a picture on my thread when it opens up :)
LOL...I want to order some fish so bad, I was waiting for the 1st, which is a Sunday this month so ....Monday...now I better not order until I'm sure I will be home to recieve them. I want some blue/green chromis and a pinkbar goby for sure, and something else but I haven'y decided what yet...what did you order?

jaodissa

I didnt order it. I went into the pet store to get some carbon and of course couldn't walk out empty handed. (All though my husband told me I better LOL) I purchased a cute xenia. It is strange though. They looks like huge daisies. Not the typical pulsing xenia that you see. I will see if I can find a picture.

S

siptang

How are you feeling today Flower? I prayed for you alot yesterday because I was praying a bit...
I'm hoping that you are feeling alot better.

flower

Jaodissa...find that camera
Thank you Sip...you all must be praying pretty hard, things are much better today. I am still out of breath but nothing like the labored feeling like I'm about to die breathing. And the bleeding problem got corrected right away, the nurse said it could have gone very bad, very fast with the heprin treatment I have been given. She said it's catch 22...I need the heprin to thin my blood but even a small cut or IV line can cause severe bleeding...How is your day going, are you feeling any better?