I'm in the hospital

mr. limpid

Nothing can stop women from shopping, not even being in the hospital, lol. Glad to hear you are doing better.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefers http:///t/392131/im-in-the-hospital/60#post_3480913
So........ what were your last O2 sats deb??
Things are better...without ozygen my level is at 90 up from 86, with oxygen it is at 94 to 98 % depending on what I'm doing.
Hey when I get home...it looks so far like I only need oxygen when I sleep...can I rig the oxyden for the tank, I have heard of CO2 units and was just wondering and what are the benifits besides keeping the PH up? I mean since I will have the oxygen there, may as well use it.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Are you going to be taking O2 at home or using a CPAP machine? I thought you said you would be using CPAP.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/392131/im-in-the-hospital/60#post_3480939
Are you going to be taking O2 at home or using a CPAP machine? I thought you said you would be using CPAP.
I'm not sure yet. I know for certian the CPAP is now a part of my life permanetly. Mostly I'm just sitting in the hospital...thinking.
If there is oxygen at home...LOL...can I incorperate it into the fish tank? Also would it help, and how would it affect a fish tank...why do so, or not bother.....I'm just bored I guess

flower

I guess they want a chemical stress test...folks, I don't care what I signed when I came into the hospital...If they give me a Heart attack on purpose, I am blaming them, and I find no comfort with the silly BS line..this is the best place to have a heart attack, that's just crazy. They keep saying to go all out to prevent heart attack and then when you are sick and in the hospital they want cause one on purpose????
So say a prayer for me that I live thru my hospital stay to complain another day....

meowzer

Flower....praying for you......
IDK much about these tests, but surely they are not going to do anything that would harm you

S

siptang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/392131/im-in-the-hospital/40#post_3480877
Now that's a way to bring some joy back into your life!
LOL... LOL...they make it look sooo perfect, that it must look that good in your house..

My late husband would not let me get flowers, not for the bed, the sofa nothing too girly, now I live with my mother...the whole house is girly. I call it Flower Power!
Lol, flower power huh? Yea so I got my rbta for the first time last night. I made a little contraption so that it's floating on top part of the tank with a rock in a container hoping that it will stick so it won't kill everything in my tank. :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Limpid http:///t/392131/im-in-the-hospital/60#post_3480894
Nothing can stop women from shopping, not even being in the hospital, lol. Glad to hear you are doing better.
Looks that way doesn't it Jack? I'm glad to hear that you are doing better and in better spirit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmy
http:///t/392131/im-in-the-hospital/60#post_3480910
Shopping cures everything!
Hmm I'm going to agree with you for now lmbo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower
http:///t/392131/im-in-the-hospital/60#post_3480955
I guess they want a chemical stress test...folks, I don't care what I signed when I came into the hospital...If they give me a Heart attack on purpose, I am blaming them, and I find no comfort with the silly BS line..this is the best place to have a heart attack, that's just crazy. They keep saying to go all out to prevent heart attack and then when you are sick and in the hospital they want cause one on purpose????
So say a prayer for me that I live thru my hospital stay to complain another day....
Prayer coming your way.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/392131/im-in-the-hospital/60#post_3480955
My wife is in the business. Amazing how many MedMal cases they defend in the face of a signed release LOL!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
The chem stress test is not really a big deal. They are just going to get your heart rate up, but you won't have to be on a treadmill. If you really don't want it, you can ask about just taking the treadmill test but it sounded like you were having trouble getting around. The treadmill can also cause a a bad reaction as does the chem test. Is there anything in medicine that is without risk?
CPAP is not O2, it only pushes air through your airway passages (used for people who's breathing is disrupted during sleep). You likely won't get an oxygen tank with what you have. And really, you don't want to be O2 dependent either.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/392131/im-in-the-hospital/60#post_3480971
The chem stress test is not really a big deal. They are just going to get your heart rate up, but you won't have to be on a treadmill. If you really don't want it, you can ask about just taking the treadmill test but it sounded like you were having trouble getting around. The treadmill can also cause a a bad reaction as does the chem test. Is there anything in medicine that is without risk?
CPAP is not O2, it only pushes air through your airway passages (used for people who's breathing is disrupted during sleep). You likely won't get an oxygen tank with what you have. And really, you don't want to be O2 dependent either.
I am half way thru the test, I have an hour to wait...nothing like what I had to go thru 20 years ago when I had that stress test. The cardiologist says he want's to be sure there is no blockage, said he didn't think so, (saying a little prayer it's so) but he wants to be sure.
LOL...I was just thinking about if I had oxygen.... if it would work on the fish tank...I not only don't want it for me, and I certainly don't I want it in the house. It gets into the very walls and makes the house super flammable. My father was on oxygen for years and when he want to the nursing home to recuperate after a surgery my mother decided to clean up the room and try to get rid of the hospital smell...she lit some smelly good candles and proceeded to take the bed clothes to the laundry downstairs...when she returned the room was already engulfed in flames. She "THINKS" the cat must have knocked over the candle. No people died, but she lost her two beloved siamese cats, the whole right side of the house exploded...she lost everything...the house went up in flames so fast. She was so fortunate they all got out in time.
The firefighter told her even the items like the sofa was no longer unflammable material because of the oxygen use. That it even got soaked into the walls. I had no idea it was that bad...and people sneak in the hospital restrooms to smoke because they figure they are not on oxygen and it's okay. I don't think the general public knows what oxygen use can do to a home....they are told to not smoke in a hospital because of oxygen use, but I doubt they really understand what oxygen does to the stuff in the building with it.
The nurse is here to take me for the rest of the test....

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/392131/im-in-the-hospital/60#post_3480937
Things are better...without ozygen my level is at 90 up from 86, with oxygen it is at 94 to 98 % depending on what I'm doing.
Hey when I get home...it looks so far like I only need oxygen when I sleep...can I rig the oxyden for the tank, I have heard of CO2 units and was just wondering and what are the benifits besides keeping the PH up? I mean since I will have the oxygen there, may as well use it.
Hey Flower. Sorry I'm rounding late in the day with you.
You may need to get oxygen while at home during activities only. The only way to determine wether or not you need a CPAP or BIPAP is to have a sleep study done, which I would recommened for you to follow up when your doctor comes in to see you.
When you said up from 86%, when did this occure, during activities or therapy? Even 90% is rather low in my opinion.
I would follow up with this and remember, no stupid questions.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefers http:///t/392131/im-in-the-hospital/60#post_3480987
Hey Flower. Sorry I'm rounding late in the day with you.
You may need to get oxygen while at home during activities only. The only way to determine wether or not you need a CPAP or BIPAP is to have a sleep study done, which I would recommened for you to follow up when your doctor comes in to see you.
When you said up from 86%, when did this occure, during activities or therapy? Even 90% is rather low in my opinion.
I would follow up with this and remember, no stupid questions.

Here is the whole story:
My heart is monitored 24/7 and I'm on heprin. When I went in origianlly, I was thinking I had allergies or asthma...my level was 86% and my breathing very labored. I couldn't even talk... I was given a treatment of welbuteral (spelling??? but thats what it sounded like to me) My oxygen went up to 94 within minutes, so the doctor was all set to send me home with a puffer and order a home treatment welbuteral...but moments after I was finished with the treatment it dropped back to 86% ...I was just sitting there next to the machine.
Now resting it is at 98 with oxygen ..while resting in bed... 90 without oxygen. A test with some sort of dye confirmed I have blood clots in both lungs.
The nurses woke me up at night because my heart rate plunged suddenly several times thru the night. So I have that CPAP mask for now, and the doctor who is in charge of the sleep study lab said I will have a loner from the hospital until they can do the sleep study to confirm what he called the obvious.... so insurance will pay for a home machine.
The doctor said anything 90 and above was good. Maybe he meant ..for me, not necessarily what was normal. I was told that it would take anywhere from 6 months to a year for the clots to be reabsorbed into the body. So for now they want to prevent more blood clots and make sure my heart has not suffered from being oxygen starved. They told me they don't want anymore clots to form, and none to travel. The clots were not caused by DVT...they did not find any problem with my leg veins, I had a vein study done just a few months back at the vein clinic....the doctor said the heart slowed so much during sleep it allowed the clots to form in the lungs. Only the right chamber that supplies the oxygen starved blood to be replenished in the lungs was enlarged, and my heart is now egg shaped. Otherwise then that one thing, the echocardiogram image said my heart looked good.
He said that was because the heart had to work extra hard to push blood to the lungs because of sleep apnea....that it has been going on a long time to enlarge the heart like that..

kiefers

I am aware of the reasons for the hospital stay and I am so glad you went in when you did. It is hard to say why these clots form. Whether a DVT or PE or whatever the fact is it formed and they are taking care of you and hopefully educating you on your diagnosis and prevention with treatment. 90% is good while sitting or laying but when you get up and start doing things it may drop. Thats what I'm focused on.
It does sound to me however that you will require the cpap for night time sleeping. As for the oxygen during the day, might be just be during activities or during high humidity days. Thw colder weather will come as a blessing to you huh? Lol.
Lets hope for the best. I know I am.
I'm glad the echo came back with good results, however, WE ALL CAN AGREE YOU HAVE A GREAT HEART!!

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefers http:///t/392131/im-in-the-hospital/60#post_3480999
I am aware of the reasons for the hospital stay and I am so glad you went in when you did. It is hard to say why these clots form. Whether a DVT or PE or whatever the fact is it formed and they are taking care of you and hopefully educating you on your diagnosis and prevention with treatment. 90% is good while sitting or laying but when you get up and start doing things it may drop. Thats what I'm focused on.
It does sound to me however that you will require the cpap for night time sleeping. As for the oxygen during the day, might be just be during activities or during high humidity days. Thw colder weather will come as a blessing to you huh? Lol.
I'm glad the echo came back with good results, however, WE ALL CAN AGREE YOU HAVE A GREAT HEART!!

LOL...I know I'm not doing anything, but last vital check my oxyden level (resting) with oxygen is 100% and without oxygen, 92%...so it's getting better. I hope the stress test come back with good results...Thanks for the great heart comment...

Oh and the fellow that runs patients to and from X-ray and stuff...LOL...I showed him my pictures on the laptop of my tanks...we may have another member signing up soon. He has freahwater tanks but has been afraid to try saltwater...until he talked to me...

travelerjp98

I only skimmed this thread through, but I really prey and hope for you to get better flower. It was a very unfortunate and unexpected thread to come across.

flower

Thanks Traveler... I got the oxygen off and resting is 92% but walking around it drops to 88%...The lung doctor lowered the oxygen to #2 instead of 4, so something must be getting better, I started at 6. Still no word on the the stress test results...that's the one I'm concerned about right now. So keep the prayers coming please.

S

siptang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefers http:///t/392131/im-in-the-hospital/60#post_3480999

Looks like Keith nailed it. Specially the last part. Prayed for you 4 times through out today. :)