Interracial relationships... your thoughts?

crimzy

Just curious of any thoughts or experiences here...
I have been seeing an asian girl for a couple of weeks. This would be the 3rd asian girl I've dated, (not sure if this qualifies as a fetish yet, lmao). Of course, if families were to ever get introduced/involved, there is a difference in cultures.
How many people have been in interracial relationships? How'd they work out? Just wondering...

dragonzim

Never been in an interracial relationship myself, but if you're happy and she's happy, who give a S*** what the rest of the familes think..

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/post/3123258
Just curious of any thoughts or experiences here...
I have been seeing an asian girl for a couple of weeks. This would be the 3rd asian girl I've dated, (not sure if this qualifies as a fetish yet, lmao). Of course, if families were to ever get introduced/involved, there is a difference in cultures.
How many people have been in interracial relationships? How'd they work out? Just wondering...
I am married to a Puerto Rican/Mexican/Phillipino. It is fine....You just have to be willing to chalk some things up as "culture" and vice versa.....The upside is you will no longer have to order out for asian food....just head over to "moms" house.....I Haven't been to a Latin restaurant in 7 years.

happyfeet

I personally have never "been with" or dated anyone who wasn't my race. I just don't find them attractive at all. I don't mind if anyone else dates outside of their race but for me its just not something I can do.
I also feel I'd have a problem with it if my kids did it, not really sure why it just doesn't sit well with me.

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by Happyfeet
http:///forum/post/3123265
I personally have never "been with" or dated anyone who wasn't my race. I just don't find them attractive at all. I don't mind if anyone else dates outside of their race but for me its just not something I can do.
I also feel I'd have a problem with it if my kids did it, not really sure why it just doesn't sit well with me.

Do you starch your sheets?

jtrzerocool

i dont see a problem with it...even though my wife is white just like me...if she was black or asian or anything else, i would still love her and treat her the same...

crimzy

Darth and KJR... how are you with your wives families?
It's funny because my girl admits that she wishes that her brother would be with an Asian girl and not a white girl. I ask if he probably says the same about her but she says no... cultural thing where the women are supposed to be more involved with the man's family/friends/etc, but the men are supposed to stay with their own families. So it matters more who the son is with than the daughter. Kind of strange considering that I would expect most families to be more protective and critical of who the daughter is with...

miaheatlvr

Im half Asian and I have never been out with an Asian girl hehehehe
Many others.. No problem.. I looked the families square in the eye and had candid conversations with their parents.. When and if we broke up.. it was always the MOM'S more angry and distraught with their daughters.. hehehehe
p.s. I just realized the irony that I myself am a product of an interacial marriage.. lol. no problems there. in a matter of fact there was just pure bliss on both sides.

mantisman51

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/3123267
Do you starch your sheets?
Someone was being honest and there was no racism. My brothers father-in-law says it's unnatural for his black daughter to be married to my white brother. He's a nice guy, just wrong. People gravitate toward the the comfort of the familiar-places, people, culture. Nothing racist about it, in the natural world it is normal. Humans ability to love and reason past the familiar is what sets us apart.
I believe that interracial marriage is the only hope for a united United States. The race pimps-NAACP, LaRaza, etc, are working as hard and fast as they can to divide Americans and claim the "others" are out to get them. Only by the different races coming together can this man-made divide be overcome.

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/post/3123283
Darth and KJR... how are you with your wives families?
I get along great with them....we can't discuss politics in civilized manner however....lol. But we joke and tease each other constantly. I have even stayed at their house many years ago when I got kicked out for a night...lol. That bugged the wife to no end. Since my family lives out of state all holidays are spent at her parent's house....
The only downside....Her dad is a Giants fan........Myself being a Cowboys fan, makes football season very interesting.

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by mantisman51
http:///forum/post/3123289
Someone was being honest and there was no racism. My brothers father-in-law says it's unnatural for his black daughter to be married to my white brother. He's a nice guy, just wrong. People gravitate toward the the comfort of the familiar-places, people, culture. Nothing racist about it, in the natural world it is normal. Humans ability to love and reason past the familiar is what sets us apart.
I believe that interracial marriage is the only hope for a united United States. The race pimps-NAACP, LaRaza, etc, are working as hard and fast as they can to divide Americans and claim the "others" are out to get them. Only by the different races coming together can this man-made divide be overcome.
And someone was making a joke and not being hateful...
By the way, congratulations on the use of the shift key instead of the caps lock....

crimzy

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3123284
Seems like a pretty serious discussion for someone newly out of a marriage, no?
What can I say Spank??? These women are all trying to snatch me up. Had to break it off with the last girl b/c she used the L-word after a couple weeks.

With this girl, we just talk about race issues because I find it interesting more than anything else. Fairly harmless, hypothetical conversations.
BTW, technically I'm still married, (until October 13).

nw2salt08

If you really care about someone then it shouldn't matter what race they are. As long as you two enjoy each other's company and are happy then who cares. Do what YOU feel is right and not what everyone else says is right. Just my .02