Is it too early for a drink?

spiderwoman

I need one right now!
I took girls to day care this morning, drove up to the parking lot and took Brianna out. Alexis was telling me that she wants to stay in the car. OK... she didn't change her mind so I start peeling her off her seatbelts and she is starting to have a major meltdown. In the meantime Brianna who was holding on to my shorts walked around the door to the front door, managed to open the door some, stuck her fingers between the door and the car and the screaming started. Alexis is screaming, Brianna is screaming and I nearly dropped Alexis when I ran to Brianna. Sure enough she had gotten the door open some and her fingers were stuck. I grab her and her fingers have deep marks on them, one had peeled skin and I was sure her fingers are broken. Alexis is still screaming that she doesn't want to go in and I just couldn't deal with her. Luckily one of the workers at the day care saw what was happening and she ran out to grab Alexis kicking and screaming and I'm running inside with Brianna to get her to the class and get some ice.
She is OK, fingers bend, she stopped crying after a few minutes of ice bag. She then went to tell me that she feels OK. Alexis was screaming and kicking in Mary's arms the whole walk to the class and she ended up going to quiet time right away where she finally calmed down.
Can you tell this is our first *close call*? Damn I can't handle kids getting hurt like that. I can take them fighting each other but not this.
Now who has something good to drink?

shogun323

Sounds like you need a shot of Chartreuse aka "The Green Dragon." Head on down to Clearwater and I'll hook you up!!!

spanko

I have a nice bottle of homemeade Pinot Noir, actually a lot of bottles.
Glad to hear the kids are okay. Don't know how old they are but can say from experience that they are not going to get easier! My daughter and my wife fought from the time the daughter was 12 until she went away to college at 18. Now they are the best of friends though I did not think they would make it through those years without one of them killing the other or me moving to Cancun!!

anubisxero

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2728395
I need one right now!
I took girls to day care this morning, drove up to the parking lot and took Brianna out. Alexis was telling me that she wants to stay in the car. OK... she didn't change her mind so I start peeling her off her seatbelts and she is starting to have a major meltdown. In the meantime Brianna who was holding on to my shorts walked around the door to the front door, managed to open the door some, stuck her fingers between the door and the car and the screaming started. Alexis is screaming, Brianna is screaming and I nearly dropped Alexis when I ran to Brianna. Sure enough she had gotten the door open some and her fingers were stuck. I grab her and her fingers have deep marks on them, one had peeled skin and I was sure her fingers are broken. Alexis is still screaming that she doesn't want to go in and I just couldn't deal with her. Luckily one of the workers at the day care saw what was happening and she ran out to grab Alexis kicking and screaming and I'm running inside with Brianna to get her to the class and get some ice.
She is OK, fingers bend, she stopped crying after a few minutes of ice bag. She then went to tell me that she feels OK. Alexis was screaming and kicking in Mary's arms the whole walk to the class and she ended up going to quiet time right away where she finally calmed down.
Can you tell this is our first *close call*? Damn I can't handle kids getting hurt like that. I can take them fighting each other but not this.
Now who has something good to drink?
I work third shift and get off at 5:45am. A few bars open at 6am around here and myself and my coworkers probably keep one in particular open on our business alone. But as long as it doesn't turn into a bad habit i wouldn't think ill of it. Lord know's after a morning like THAT i'd need a good few just to take the edge off. Hope the day gets better<3
Jason

spiderwoman

I'll take both bottles

Our twins are 31 months and usually very well behaved and listens to mommy. Everything was good until we pulled to the parking lot. Alexis is normally the more agreeable of them two... go figure!

teresaq

you know what they say, -- its 5 oclock somewhere. hope you have a better day. hehe I could send you my 32 mo old

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/2728402
you know what they say, -- its 5 oclock somewhere. hope you have a better day. hehe I could send you my 32 mo old

I was just humming that!!!!
... pour me something tall and strong, make it a hurricane before I go in sane...

scotts

Tonight when you go to pick them up you are going to be all nervous and stressed. They will see you and just smile and be all cute and say "hi Mommy" Kids......

m0nk

I just hit the 4 year-old "no" mark. My son has decided not to listen to anything I say, and it's just me so I have no backup. He didn't have terrible 2s, and has always been a generally pleasant kid, but lately he's just gone crazy, as far as I can tell. Everyone says it's normal, this is a milestone or something, so good luck with they get to this age!

As far as having a drink, it's happy hour somewhere, right?

T

tizzo

Good grief that sucks!! Well now they are gone right? House is nice and quiet?
Mine are all in school... FREEDOOOMMM!!!
Reminds me though... my oldest has a bike, one of the ones without the kickstand, he lays it in the yard and goes inside. Then my younger son, who is playing with the pedals and wheel, decides to grab the chain, while the tire is turning.... His little fingers got caught between the chain and the sprocket... He didn't screem, didn't flinch, just sat there.
The pedals didn't turn backwards, which is what the hubby tried first. I had to reverse the back wheel and "unwind" his fingers. Like your daughter, they were smasked flat! Still no reaction of pain though... We did end up going to the hospital, he ended up being fine, but when it came time for the x-ray, boy did he scream to high heaven! LOL... Kids.

spiderwoman

It's always a vacation for me after I drop them off

No matter how stressful my work day is, it's still nothing compared to having toddlers both going throught terrible two's and sometimes they meltdown without any good reason.
It's funny too because one could be throwin a fit and the other one is looking at me and saying *sissy is mad, why she crying like that. that is bad beheiiiivio*
and then she shakes her finger at her sissy.

dogfaceman

i dont think drinking is good influence on your kids, and if you need to drink everytime there is a problem maybe you need to go to AA.

hlcroghan

Uhhh, dogfaceman, I hope you are joking. I think she meant the post slightly facetiously. I am sure she doesn't drink everytime her kids fight and if you were serious then I am pretty sure you don't have any children.

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by dogfaceman
http:///forum/post/2728546
i dont think drinking is good influence on your kids, and if you need to drink everytime there is a problem maybe you need to go to AA.
You must be know that I'm kidding, right?
If not, then you need to have a drink to loosen up a bit

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by hlcroghan
http:///forum/post/2728554
Uhhh, dogfaceman, I hope you are joking. I think she meant the post slightly facetiously. I am sure she doesn't drink everytime her kids fight and if you were serious then I am pretty sure you don't have any children.
Right! If you knew me you'd know right away that that was a REALLY funny line from me. I can't even remember the last time I've had a beer, let alone a real drink. Oh I do remember now. I had a Pina Colada during dinner a few months ago in a restaurant and no, our twins were not with us.
Alcohol is not part of our lives unless you consider rubbing alcohol a AA problem.

rebelprettyboy

Never to early for a drink!
Oh wait nvmd im not old enough, but let me strap my boots up and go to war! im old enough for that!!

hlcroghan

Rebel don't feel bad. I am right there with you. I went into the military when I was 18 and always had a problem with the fact that they wouldn't let me drink. Even in Japan where they legal age is 19, you couldn't do it until you were 21. I found a way around that plenty of times though...lol.