IT'S OFFICIAL (sorta)

meowzer

WELL....I just got off the phone with the Oklahoma Aquarium in Tulsa....sighhhh...
Friday March 5, I will be bringing my stingray to them

I am both saddened and happy about this....As much as I have grown to care for her, I also realize she needs a much larger home then I can provide for her. She is now over 17" from head to tail end, and the disc is now over 10" in diameter...
I plan on preparing 20G's of water the day before, and buying a large cooler (with wheels I hope) which I will fill with tank water....I am going to try to find a large fishing net to catch her. She will go into the cooler with a heater and powerhead which will run off our car inverter.
She will ride in the backseat of my husbands pickup.....
HOPEFULLY all will work smoothly
If anyone has any helpful hints, PLEASE let me know
I will update of course after we do this

flower

...You did good, what a fortunate critter she is to belong to you. Then you are willing to take her on a 3 hour drive to make sure she has every chance...
Are you ging to get another little one and let it grow?

meowzer

Flower;3236163 said:

...You did good, what a fortunate critter she is to belong to you. Then you are willing to take her on a 3 hour drive to make sure she has every chance...
Are you ging to get another little one and let it grow?[/
QUOTE]
NO!! NO!!! AND TRIPLE NO!!!
I don't want to go thru this again.....why get attached only to have to get rid of it....and I have no clue what this will put the Ray thru, I plan on being very careful and getting a BIG cooler for her, but still....I am sure this will be traumatic ....for both of us :(
I plan on getting at least 50lbs of cured figi while I am in Tulsa :) I will actually get to pick it out myself too

I will be re-aquascaping the tank somewhat.....and (skewering the damsels) lol

flower

meowzer;3236170 said:

Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/post/3236163

Are you ging to get another little one and let it grow?[/
QUOTE]
NO!! NO!!! AND TRIPLE NO!!!
I don't want to go thru this again.....why get attached only to have to get rid of it....and I have no clue what this will put the Ray thru, I plan on being very careful and getting a BIG cooler for her, but still....I am sure this will be traumatic ....for both of us :(
I plan on getting at least 50lbs of cured figi while I am in Tulsa :) I will actually get to pick it out myself too

I will be re-aquascaping the tank somewhat.....and (skewering the damsels) lol

There are people who raise Labs for seeing eye dogs, they have to give them up. I know giving them up is very hard...
I can't imagine you not having a ray, just imagine...get them little and raise them for aquariums all over the globe...you get to become the expert ray lady. Write a book about them and their care...

You still have those damsels????

novahobbies

Awww, I'm so sorry you have to give up your ray. I'm proud of you, though......that you recognize the ray won't do well, and you're willing to give it up, is really telling about your character. Go You!

Now about your Damnsels -- I have an idea.
Take everything ELSE out of your tank (probably easier to do).
Make sure the coral and snails are gone.
Plug in your hair curler / straightener (depending on your 'do)
Toss it in the tank.
Take the smoking, ruined curler out of the tank. Go flip the breaker in your garage.
Remove the rotten little buggers now floating, half-cooked, on the water's surface. Give them a burial at sea via your local commode.
Add your other fish and inverts back to the tank.
Pour a nice stiff drink, sit back, and enjoy your new Damnsel-free tank.

meowzer

LOL....great one Nova.....My husband says..that by next week he will have the damsels out....we shall see....

meowzer

Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
http:///forum/post/3236980
What is he going to do use an UNDY TRIGGER to do the dirty work for him.
LOL...I don;t care if he uses a

[hr]
LOL...just noticed it blanked out what I wrote.....it was har poon

meowzer

YIKES!!!! My husband went to a hardware store this morning that also sells hunting/fishing gear to look for the type of net that the aquarium suggested....They suggested rubber...not mesh, cause the mesh can cause problems with the spine
ANYWAYS.....$60 for white.....$30 for black.....

Let's just say we are getting the black
..I will be looking for the special cooler in Walmart today too..
HMMMMM....I wonder if it will catch DAMSELS