IT'S OFFICIAL (sorta)

meowzer

OK...100qt cooler with wheels...$59

It was actually on sale from $90....BUT STILL
This trip is going to be costly....just wait till I get to Tulsa nd visit a real store too

They have fully cured live rock for $4.99/lb and I am gonna get to pick out my own...yipppeee...I am getting at least 50 lbs
and who knows what else....who wants to guess how much I spend there

salt210

sorry meowzer, but at least shes going to a good place where you know she will be taken care of

meowzer

NEXT STEP....Since I do not think I will have enough time tomorrow night.....I am starting to mix my SW for the trip
I WILL be using tank water in the cooler....and re-adding the new sw to the tank like a mini w/c :)
I am gonna mix about 20G's...even though I think I will probably only need 10 (15 max) for the cooler...
TOMORROW night....I will be rinsing out cooler and rinsing the new net....
any suggestions on cleaning the cooler...or will a good strong rinse be good enough????

pezenfuego

Since you're using it tomorrow, I would avoid chemicals (especially soap). Hot water would be good. If your tap water completely sucks, you can boil ro/di. That seems a little excessive though lol.
Make sure to get one last good picture and to get pictures of the new home as well (you don't have to). It's sad, but it's for the best. Poor girl won't get another chance to splash you during a feeding.

oceankid

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3236012
WELL....I just got off the phone with the Oklahoma Aquarium in Tulsa....sighhhh...
Friday March 5, I will be bringing my stingray to them

I am both saddened and happy about this....As much as I have grown to care for her, I also realize she needs a much larger home then I can provide for her. She is now over 17" from head to tail end, and the disc is now over 10" in diameter...
I plan on preparing 20G's of water the day before, and buying a large cooler (with wheels I hope) which I will fill with tank water....I am going to try to find a large fishing net to catch her. She will go into the cooler with a heater and powerhead which will run off our car inverter.
She will ride in the backseat of my husbands pickup.....
HOPEFULLY all will work smoothly
If anyone has any helpful hints, PLEASE let me know
I will update of course after we do this
It's alright! It's for her own good

meowzer

Originally Posted by PEZenfuego
http:///forum/post/3239208
Since you're using it tomorrow, I would avoid chemicals (especially soap). Hot water would be good. If your tap water completely sucks, you can boil ro/di. That seems a little excessive though lol.
Make sure to get one last good picture and to get pictures of the new home as well (you don't have to). It's sad, but it's for the best. Poor girl won't get another chance to splash you during a feeding.
Hey PEZ....the other day I didn't get my finger away from the tank fast enough and she tried to eat it....LOL...OMG it was the funniest feeling....thank goodness she has no teeth haha
OH....I'm cleaning it tomorrow...we are going Friday

pezenfuego

http:///forum/post/3239213
Hey PEZ....the other day I didn't get my finger away from the tank fast enough and she tried to eat it....LOL...OMG it was the funniest feeling....thank goodness she has no teeth haha
Bleach would probably be fine to use, but I still wouldn't recommend it unless it's necessary. If you dry it out, it would evaporate pretty quickly.

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/3239213
Clean the cooler, I'd just water down some bleach rinse it out really good, then set it in the sun, fill it with water again drop some declorinator in it, let it set for a couple hours then be done with it...

cranberry

Good ole municipal tap water should be fine. It contains the disinfectant chlorine and chloramines. A cooler is an item that is meant to come in contact with food items. It won't have anything disastrous in there.