It's things like this that give Marine's such a wonderful reputation...

deejeff442

a friend of mine is a marine staff Sargent.he has been there 4 times.what these guys did is nothing compared to some of the stuff he has told me.if it werent for these dirtbags our marines would be here with their families.piss on um.

slice

I just find it interesting to see how some folk pick and choose what to get upset about.
It often seems apparent that the outrage is in support of agenda instead of in support of principle.

mantisman51

Yes. I unequivocally think men and women who serve in the military are better citizens and human beings than the rest of us! They appreciate what America is and the freedom we have more than anyone else can. They are better human beings because they are willing to lay down their lives for us to live free from oppression and fear: "Greater love hath no man than this:that he lay down his life for a friend." They live through horror and fear that no movie can capture and come home and build lives when someone like me would probably curl up in a corner and die. When I look at my father-in-law and know what he went through and what a decent, caring man he is, I know what a good human being is. I would rather sit at a table with one of those marines than spend 5 seconds in the presence of a peacenik who lives only to complain and tear down what made this country great all the while living like a king thanks to the men and women who have sacrificed so much for us.

deejeff442

most of the people i know are joining because there are no jobs and they get great training in alot of different fields

cipher43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/389935/its-things-like-this-that-give-marines-such-a-wonderful-reputation#post_3449695
Let our enemies criticize us; while they behead civilians on camera and publish it on the Internet.
I love how the media is doing the same old song and dance about how much respect Muslims give to dead bodies. Did we not just see Muslims drag Qaddafi through the streets until he was hardly recognizable?
The only think I would say is, guys stop making pics of misdeeds.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonZim
http:///t/389935/its-things-like-this-that-give-marines-such-a-wonderful-reputation/20#post_3449703
I woulda pissed on them too.....
Just probably wouldnt have video taped it....
100% agree with both of you

darthtang aw

are you telling me some marines peed on the dead bodies of their enemy? that is pathetic and saddens me. this was an enemy fought on the field of battle. this should have not occurred.
darth (I would have dropped a loaf on them) Tang

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/389935/its-things-like-this-that-give-marines-such-a-wonderful-reputation/20#post_3449713
Yes. I unequivocally think men and women who serve in the military are better citizens and human beings than the rest of us! They appreciate what America is and the freedom we have more than anyone else can. They are better human beings because they are willing to lay down their lives for us to live free from oppression and fear: "Greater love hath no man than this:that he lay down his life for a friend." They live through horror and fear that no movie can capture and come home and build lives when someone like me would probably curl up in a corner and die. When I look at my father-in-law and know what he went through and what a decent, caring man he is, I know what a good human being is. I would rather sit at a table with one of those marines than spend 5 seconds in the presence of a peacenik who lives only to complain and tear down what made this country great all the while living like a king thanks to the men and women who have sacrificed so much for us.
Thank you for the comment, and your Welome

reefraff

The problem is the actions are used as propaganda against us. Do I really care that they peed on dead terrorists? Not really but like to fools at the prison they publicized it. Not a smart move.

kiefers

For those who serve or who have served in the military are sworn to honor the military code, (UCMJ). Whether or not we respect or like the other sides religious beliefs or political views we are to respect them as people. Do I personally care if these Marines urinated on the dead of our foe? Yes and no. No because .... well,.... yes, yes I do care. For one thing it's a stupid act of behavior as a Marine or service member, and two, people forget these soldiers of the other side did not have anything to do with 911. They may believe they are in the right, well I have my beliefs as do ya'll who have posted your thoughts. Those dead talibans soldiers were someones children, husbands or fathers. They fought for what they believed was an honorable fight and got peed on, and thats funny? How would you respond id the enemy pissed on your family member?
As for the eye for an eye theory, the geneva code is also ment to be respected and practiced, whether or not the other side is honoring the code or not is to be dwelt with. Cutting off the heads of our journalists should have been dwelt with and I believe it has been.
I too lost friends in this war, both childhood friends, and friends met while served and to be frank with ya'll, I'm tired of it.
As far as the comments made on this thread, I'm numb with the lack of maturity of both the service members commiting the act of what they did, and some of these comments made. Although I do respect your opinions, I'm also ashamed.
My views on this is....... this should have never been telivised or put online. Just stupid!!

mantisman51

We are dealing with an enemy that respects power and force. While peeing on them is in bad taste, it is showing the enemy "this is what we think of your ability to fight". Funny thing, even CNBC is reporting the Taliban and Al Qaeda spokesmen are saying, "So what?" Frankly, does anyone, outside of Harvard and Princeton, believe the enemy will behave worse after seeing this video? War is ugly and terrible. Peeing on cold-blooded murderers ranks about 150,000th on the scale of brutality. The only thing wrong is it was videotaped. You'd think our guys would have learned from the Abu Graib incident. To the young men of the Corps, I say, "keep killin' and peein'". Just don't record it.

slice

Debunked as only an urban legend, but this has been a part of our popular war stories for a century:
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_black_jack_pershing.htm

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I agree that it would be wonderful if all our soldiers took the higher road and not indulge in this activity, however, wars have never been picture perfect and never will be. The stresses are such that it almost goes against nature to think that soldiers are going to be 100% "gentlemanly". And certainly not when they all know what the enemy is capable of.
The fact that American media plays this ad nauseum, making criticism that pretty much piss most Americans off, demonstrates a disconnect with what most Americans want to get from media.
This enemy won't hesitate to cut off a young girl's nose just because she got raped. So, media, please get your head out of the sand and spare your American viewers lectures about how offensive it is to dishonor Taliban corpses. Stop giving joy to the enemy by criticizing a few troops using poor judgment.

bionicarm

I see nothing has changed on this site. This was stated after charges were pressed against the Marines who performed this "action":
The video portrays potential violations of both the first Geneva Convention, which calls for the dead to be "honorably interred" and graves to be "respected," as well as the U.S. Uniform Code of Military Justice for allegedly bringing "discredit upon the armed forces."
Just as peace talks were resuming with the Taliban, this incident occurred. I suppose you could give a rats arse about this, but all this does is continue the hatred these people will have about Americans. We pee on their dead, the next time they decapitate and burn ours. This could set back peace relations for years. Does that matter? Guess not, unless you consider it could potentially cause injuries and more deaths of our American soldiers.
The US has always been known as the most humane and civilized nation on this planet. We pride ourselves on our civility and compassion for our fellow human beings. All this incident shows is that we have now stooped to there level. It shows we can be just as barbaric as the rest of them. So why stop with just urinating on a dead enemy? Let's create some new training videos for all those new Camp Pendleton recruits. "How to Field Dress your Al Qaeda Terrorist.", or "How to Drawn and Quarter your Taliban the William Wallace way."
It was a lack of respect for the dead. All you people who are proud of this moment, let me know when you kick off, and I'll come to your funeral. I'll make sure I have a full bladder, and I'll top it off with a big dump.
Bionic (mantis is still the Ultimate Dickhead) Arm

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/389935/its-things-like-this-that-give-marines-such-a-wonderful-reputation/20#post_3449954
We are dealing with an enemy that respects power and force. While peeing on them is in bad taste, it is showing the enemy "this is what we think of your ability to fight". Funny thing, even CNBC is reporting the Taliban and Al Qaeda spokesmen are saying, "So what?" Frankly, does anyone, outside of Harvard and Princeton, believe the enemy will behave worse after seeing this video? War is ugly and terrible. Peeing on cold-blooded murderers ranks about 150,000th on the scale of brutality. The only thing wrong is it was videotaped. You'd think our guys would have learned from the Abu Graib incident. To the young men of the Corps, I say, "keep killin' and peein'". Just don't record it.
Although some of your statement is somewhat correct lets us open our history books to chapter 2 class. Lets look back in the United States history. We to were considered a country that took by force, we however have some what learned from our history and are still paying for it. urinating on another country's soldiers shows them NOTHING but a lack of respect and dignity for their dead. I do agree with one thing though, don't record it!!
We are now known as the country who sticks it's nose where it does not belong. (saved for another thread)
Let us read and review George Washingtons farewell address sections 31-37 and to the end for good measure.
In do respect to the title of this thread, should be changes to things that give America a bad name.

mantisman51

Keifers, your grammar has taken a sharp dive as of the last post. Tired? Anyhoo, my point stands. No one outside the leftist academia thinks peeing on a dishonorable enemies dead will make them act any worse and conversely, no one outside academia thinks people who stone or cut the nose off 5 year rape victims and saw the heads off living, screaming victims will act any better if we give them a full muslim burial. In Vietnam our guys learned if they put certain talismans on the VC and NVA we killed, it would cause many of their compatriots to run away and desert for fear of a curse. Of course the media had a hissy and the Pentagon issued an order to stop it because it was "disrespectful". Never mind it saved American lives by demoralizing and intimidating the enemy. Nope, nothing matters more than treating dead enemy with "respect and dignity". Um, I kinda think if just one more son or husband comes home from a demoralised enemy, pee away. And if it did nothing else but piss off a 5th century, barbaric enemy-pee on!

N

nihoa

not to nit pick but the rise of agriculture only took place ~ 10,000 years ago. what we call civilisation or the continual occupation of specific places by specific peoples only happened after that. im ashamed at my nerdy correction but there you have it.
Quote:
So the United States answer to this problem is to go in and take out the Taliban. On the surface that seems like a wonderful idea. Only it's completely unrealistic. Even if you did manage to take out the Taliban (which is more or less impossible), what you would have left is a poor, undeveloped, uneducated country with millions of people looking for work, food, and money. When that isn't there, the next Taliban comes along and seizes power. It's a vicious cycle that has been going on in poor and uneducated countries for tens of thousands of years.