Jebao WP 40

sweatervest13

Super interested In seeing how you like them. I have heard good things.
Are you replacing something or adding supplementation??

novahobbies

I will be getting one or two sometime this year as well. Siptang uses one for his 72g bowfront. I'm thinking 2 of these will probably replace all 4 powerheads in my 110. I've heard a lot of good things, but I wanted to wait a few months and see how the long-term reports go.

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by novahobbies http:///t/395726/jebao-wp-40#post_3523897
I will be getting one or two sometime this year as well. Siptang uses one for his 72g bowfront. I'm thinking 2 of these will probably replace all 4 powerheads in my 110. I've heard a lot of good things, but I wanted to wait a few months and see how the long-term reports go.
Only get one!! Trust me!! I just hooked it up and got some serious wave action.I have it on the lowest setting. I will get some videos of wave action on different settings on Friday.

snakeblitz33

Ive been looking at it pretty hard myself. Ive been halfway keeping up with the thread on the big forums. After i replace my return pump i might swing enough to get one of these later on this summer.
Seems like the number one complaint people have had is the light sensor goin out. If thats the main issue- then im in.
Just one for a 75g??

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/395726/jebao-wp-40#post_3523936
Ive been looking at it pretty hard myself. Ive been halfway keeping up with the thread on the big forums. After i replace my return pump i might swing enough to get one of these later on this summer.
Seems like the number one complaint people have had is the light sensor goin out. If thats the main issue- then im in.
Just one for a 75g??
Yes, just one!!
I will do some video clips of different settings on Friday when I have some "free" time.

2quills

Can someone message me with where you ordered these from? I seem to be having troubles tracking them down.
Would 2 be overkill for a 120g?
Thanks

acrylic51

2 wouldn't be overkill IMHO. That way you don't have to run them full blast but gives leg room to grow. Did you lool for the thread on RC? I know the guy everyone talks about his name is fish street either on ebay or the big thread on RC.

2quills

Thanks. I'll check out the big thread tonight. 2 seems good that way one can cover me if the other goes down. They seem cheap enough to roll the dice on.
Anyone know if they are syncable?

meowzer

I use 1 MP10 on my 54G corner bow
Have been thinking about upgrading to this new one.....BUT I heard they were coming out with a 20.....anyone know????

2quills

Looks like they're coming out with a wp25 but I don't see it being listed for sale yet.
They have some variable speed return pumps with controller for sale though...hmmm

2quills

Well I guess you can get the WP 25's now if you wish. Some folks are already running them. And I guess now there's an upgraded controller that just came available for the pumps. If you have the old controller I think they're upgrading them for free if you pay the shipping or something like that.
Lois, you'd have to purchase the 25's on back order but you'd get them within a couple of weeks from what I'm understanding.
Looks like I'm going to get two 40's. It's a toss up between those or the 25's. The 25's look like they might have the power to handle my 120g tank but from what I hear they put out a much narrower flow pattern than the 40's. I'm just a click, click, click away!

snakeblitz33

I was advised on the big forum to get two WP25's for my 75g sps tank. Not sure what I am going to do. I'm thinking that I am going to end up at least getting one WP25 to try out and replace that one Koralia 5 that I have. Hopefully it will add some additional water movement.

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/395726/jebao-wp-40#post_3525819
I was advised on the big forum to get two WP25's for my 75g sps tank. Not sure what I am going to do. I'm thinking that I am going to end up at least getting one WP25 to try out and replace that one Koralia 5 that I have. Hopefully it will add some additional water movement.
They seem pretty impressive. I'm already skeptical about how well they're going to hold up in the long run. But at the cost of replacement parts for that kind of performance this almost seems like a no brainer.