Jebao WP 40

meowzer

OH....LOL....OK.....I do like the idea of the adjustability....will have to see how it does when I actually use it ;)

meowzer

OMG...this thing is a monster.......I have it in the 54G...On the lowest setting, and on w1
all I can say is HOLY COW......

meowzer

Yeah I have to run it on the absolute lowest setting.....I'm going to give it a few days.....I might have to move it to the 180....LOL....

S

siptang

I had one for months and I love it.
Lois there are no power controller you would need to purchase voltage reducer if you want to use for W 1. you can however use it on else mode without too much to worry about.
sent from under the sea using my awesome galaxy note 2.

S

siptang

You can. Just watch out for tidal waves lol.

2quills

Did you get one with the updated controller, Lois? The new one I thought was supposed to have the adjustable power.

S

siptang

Hey corey, she got the first version. We had a group buy from my reef club and that's what he had left.

2quills

10/4
yep I'd seen where guys were using adjustable supplies to tweak the power a little lower. IIRC they weren't too expensive?

S

siptang

Lois pm me your cell # via fb. I will send you some pics and instructions.

edat

Quote:
Originally Posted by edat http:///t/395726/jebao-wp-40/20#post_3525946
Yup.....
One of my power supplies has died..... Only had the 2nd WP40 running for a couple of days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic51 http:///t/395726/jebao-wp-40/40#post_3526083
That's what I had mentioned to Corey in an earlier post....People running into that scenario and waiting to see what response they get from the supplier....Some did source out power supplies on either Ebay or Amazon, but said you just can't use any particular PS for whatever reason....The ones they did find to replace the original ones where in the range of $50.00......
Quote:
Originally Posted by edat
http:///t/395726/jebao-wp-40/40#post_3526098
I found a "cheap" one on eBay that's on it's way from China..... I'll see how it goes once I get it. I've ordered a couple from the same guy when my daughters broke their laptop power supplies and they are still working.
Seems like the 24v 2.5a are hard to come by.....
The replacement power supply came in yesterday....hooked it up today and it fired right up

I moved both pumps a little further down in the tank on both ends and I have them both running on "else" mode right now.

meowzer

OK...Richard suggested I get a different power supply anyway.....I ordered one and it was supposed to be here today.....it was only $12.....and I was told when I get it to run the unit on 19v

edat

Its a shame that the power supplies on these pumps are so poorly made. I hope that this doesn't say anything about the build quality of the pumps......