Jebao WP 40

snakeblitz33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/395726/jebao-wp-40#post_3525821
They seem pretty impressive. I'm already skeptical about how well they're going to hold up in the long run. But at the cost of replacement parts for that kind of performance this almost seems like a no brainer.
Indeed. That's my line of reasoning as well.

acrylic51

Like I had mentioned Corey the big issue or problem so far I've seen is the power supply and apparently the supplies are cheap and replacement supplies from the manufacturer don't seem much better and you have to be careful what type supply used, and guys have gotten them off ebay or amazon can't remember, but they said they were salty.....
I think the biggest thing now people are waiting to see is how good the customer service is.......

2quills

CS sounds halfway decent so far from what I did see. Power supplies are a dime a dozen. I went ahead and ordered two 40's. I'll give them a shot.
Only thing im not crazy about is the fact that tunze is runnin around spooking all of the american suppliers from stocking these on their shelves. I figured the vortech people would have been the ones to go out of their way to do that.

2quills

What is Tunze saying?
Apparently they sent everyone a cease and desist order. I don't think they have a legal leg to stand on but that's what caused the few american suppliers who were selling them to pull them off their shelves.

gemmy

There are plenty of group buys out there that you can hop on to get the wp40 or 25. It usually takes a month or so to get them.
So far, the one wp40 is doing great for my tank. My SPS is growing well.
I promise to do the video tomorrow and post more thoughts.

acrylic51

The cease and desist has to be a bit more specific.... I would assume a patent violation?? Honestly how much different is it when Eco pulled their stunt and how they manipulate and have the market tied up aand just as PFO met their demise....

sweatervest13

I have been thinking about adding additional powerheads to supplement my MP40's (mounted on the sides of a 125g tank). Do you guys think that a pair of WP25's mounted on the back glass would work?? I was looking into a pair of MP10's to help give some flow from back to front.
How do you think the Jebao's would work with the Vortech's?? They would not sync up, but I like the fact that I could point and aim these Jebao's verses the single direction that the MP's point.
Gemmy, (or anyone else that knows)
Can you PM me a link or a site for group buys on these Jebao's??

acrylic51

The Jebo's would be a good fit Sweatervest....it would give you more control on the flow with direction. I thought I saw somewhere where someone was able to run them using the Apex to control them as well. Not synchable to your Vortechs but I've never been swayed with the whole MP and Radion synchability. Which isn't seemless as some might think.
Bottom line a very good alternative, and the MP10 still have their noisy bearing issues which shouldn't be the case for that kind of money.

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic51 http:///t/395726/jebao-wp-40/20#post_3525868
The cease and desist has to be a bit more specific.... I would assume a patent violation?? Honestly how much different is it when Eco pulled their stunt and how they manipulate and have the market tied up aand just as PFO met their demise....
Probably just a formality, Shawn. They don't appear to be violating any patents. Just head games from Tunze no doubt so that they can keep their slice of the pie for a little while longer. I would half expect that if these little pumps really start getting popular here in the states that Ecotech will try and scare em with a copyright infringement suit. And make it look real official too. :)
I hope they do get big. It would indeed bring market prices down a bit in the long run. I don't blame ecotech for trying to monopolize on the market. They're just not getting my money. It's a mental thing with me lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatervest13 http:///t/395726/jebao-wp-40/20#post_3525875
How do you think the Jebao's would work with the Vortech's?? They would not sync up, but I like the fact that I could point and aim these Jebao's verses the single direction that the MP's point.
For what you're looking for I would probably sway towards the 25's as well. Given what I've read about they narrower flow patter. The point and aim ability could come in handy for supplemental flow requirements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic51
http:///t/395726/jebao-wp-40/20#post_3525886
The Jebo's would be a good fit Sweatervest....it would give you more control on the flow with direction. I thought I saw somewhere where someone was able to run them using the Apex to control them as well. Not synchable to your Vortechs but I've never been swayed with the whole MP and Radion synchability. Which isn't seemless as some might think.
I'm not terribly turned on by all the bells and whistles either. I just want a few specific functions that work well and are easy to use. I went through both of the big threads on these last night. As of now I haven't seen any info regarding actually controlling the Jeabo's with an Apex, etc. But I thought I had seen where folks were using the Apex as a timer to control on and off times. But then again it's not out of the realm of possibility that I could have missed additional information in the threads somewhere either as I have a tendency to skim a lot when info gets boring.
I did see where guys were hacking the old controllers though and using led dimmers to ramp the pumps up or down. But I think the new controller negates this desire as the variable speed control ability of the new controller actually works if I understand things correctly.

gemmy

The patent issue seems to be an issue with stores that were carrying both Tunze and Jebao pumps. Tunze was threatening to stop supplying them with their products if the stores continued to supply Jebao pumps.
I have been told that the parts for the Jebao and Tunze are interchangeable.

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmy http:///t/395726/jebao-wp-40/20#post_3525930
I have been told that the parts for the Jebao and Tunze are interchangeable.
The WP's are definitely knock off's of the Tunze design and the MP name. Or at least it seems that way to me lol. It wouldn't surprise me if they were.
One of the guys on my local forum got one of the letters. I think was the guy who brought it's attention to the big forum. Anyhow, apparently he got one of the letters and it was more like a direct threat from Tunze. Threatening american distributors with a law suit if they sold these pumps in their shops.
He was supposed to be talking with his lawyer to try and see what the probabilities are. Still waiting for an update there. Seems to have everyone too spooked right now to carry them until the details get ironed out though. I don't want to get my hopes too high just yet. But I'm actually rooting for these little pumps.

acrylic51

I'd like to see all of them given a run for their monies.....It does seem with parts being "possibly" interchangeable that there is a bit of a patent issue.....Similarities just a little to close maybe.....

edat

Like I had mentioned Corey the big issue or problem so far I've seen is the power supply and apparently the supplies are cheap and replacement supplies from the manufacturer don't seem much better and you have to be careful what type supply used, and guys have gotten them off ebay or amazon can't remember, but they said they were salty.....
I think the biggest thing now people are waiting to see is how good the customer service is.......
Yup.....
One of my power supplies has died..... Only had the 2nd WP40 running for a couple of days.

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic51 http:///t/395726/jebao-wp-40/20#post_3525941
I'd like to see all of them given a run for their monies.....It does seem with parts being "possibly" interchangeable that there is a bit of a patent issue.....Similarities just a little to close maybe.....
Guess we'll see. Remember the old Solaris led fixtures and what happened with those? I wonder if the same thing could happen here.

2quills

Nice vid, Krista. Wave 1 looks like a hurricane going on in there lol. Interesting note though in that you're really only using the very lowest setting on the 40 as to not upset the tank.

meowzer

I'm getting a WP40....I'm going to replace the MP10 on my 54G with it......sure not gonna run it on full though....

E

eric b 125

Those things put out some pretty serious flow. I'm impressed