Keep my husband in your thoughts today....

nw2salt08

I know that. He's been in for 25 years. He knows how long these things can take. This is his 6th tour. It's been over 4 hours. I try not to be so nervous but he's already had rockets shot at him while I was on the phone with him. I know just how much danger he's in. No news is good news...at least that's what they say. It's still no less comforting.
Where's a pacing smilie face when you need it?? That's where I'm at right now. If I don't hear from him by tonight....I'll be putting on a big pot of coffee and sitting on here.

nw2salt08

lol He works. Guess those brownies won't last long. lol Hmm...coffee and some brownies....sounding pretty good right now.

nw2salt08

Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
http:///forum/post/3132647
NW2 trust me he and YOU are in my Prayers. I will also ask for prayers from my Buddy that lost a son over there.
Thank you so much. I remember getting that call for several friends from this war. It's never easy. We've lost some really good friends. My husband saw it firsthand with some of his troops the last time he was there. He got lucky the last time with a damaged Kevlar vest and shoulder surgery. He's never lost any of his troops while he was leading them through their missions but one of the other guys got his bunch of guys into trouble and ultimately wasn't looking out for them the best he could and lost two of my husband's good buddies. Ya know... everyone brags about the life insurance for a soldier but there's no amount of money worth losing someone over. It doesn't make it hurt any less and it sure as hell doesn't replace them.
God...I hope he calls soon. A text...an email....anything.

nw2salt08

Well...before I start eating the pan of brownies...I guess I should make some dinner.
Hamburger steaks, mashed potatoes, turnip greens and corn here I come!! lol

nw2salt08

Ok....ate dinner...had a huge brownie....still no phone call or anything. It's been 7 1/2 hours. He usually calls or txts around 9ish every night so maybe I'll hear from him then. That's when he's usually waking up. Keeping my fingers crossed. If I don't hear from him it'll be a looong night.

nw2salt08

Still in the pan. Come on over... I'll pour you a cup of coffee and you can have it.
I made the thick, soft ones too!

nina&noah

How about a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of one of those brownies....yum!
Just said a prayer for your family. Maybe he sent you a text and it didn't go through?
Does that ever happen? I would think the signal isn't very good over there?

nw2salt08

Originally Posted by nina&noah
http:///forum/post/3132846
How about a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of one of those brownies....yum!
Just said a prayer for your family. Maybe he sent you a text and it didn't go through?
Does that ever happen? I would think the signal isn't very good over there?

Actually, the signal is a lot better than I even imagined. lol I've been receiving texts all day and phone calls too. His texts go through just like he was here. That's probably why it's stressing me out a little. The only issue we've had was trying to get onto the computer for Skype. The internet goes down a lot over there.
I'll put a scoop of ice cream on yours and send it your way.

aw2x3

I'm sure he's doing just fine. Speaking from experiance, I know how it is. You'll go on a short run, come back and they'll send you right back out, without warning. Or, things will run longer than usual...there's so many things that can come up.
When I was in and they sent us out, most of the time, I didn't even call anyone (I'm not married, so that wasn't an issue) but I didn't want my parents, siblings, etc. staying up all hours, waiting for a return call.
Sorry if I've missed it before, but what branch is he in? Just that little bit of info will let me know (some idea) of what he's doing.
A good friend of mine just had her husband come home. He's a Green Beret and had the same routine you and your husband have...and she'd freak out, when he didn't call when he was supposed to.
Just keep him on your mind and know he's good...his boys will take care of him.

nw2salt08

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3132907
LOL...One of these days we are going to head that way to see the aquarium.....I'll have to let you know when we do....
Definitely. We could make a day of it. Go to the aquarium, go out to eat and have a margarita or three.

nw2salt08

Originally Posted by AW2x3
http:///forum/post/3132961
I'm sure he's doing just fine. Speaking from experiance, I know how it is. You'll go on a short run, come back and they'll send you right back out, without warning. Or, things will run longer than usual...there's so many things that can come up.
When I was in and they sent us out, most of the time, I didn't even call anyone (I'm not married, so that wasn't an issue) but I didn't want my parents, siblings, etc. staying up all hours, waiting for a return call.
Sorry if I've missed it before, but what branch is he in? Just that little bit of info will let me know (some idea) of what he's doing.
A good friend of mine just had her husband come home. He's a Green Beret and had the same routine you and your husband have...and she'd freak out, when he didn't call when he was supposed to.
Just keep him on your mind and know he's good...his boys will take care of him.

He's Army. He's the type that takes care of his boys. The majority of these guys with him have never been there. I know how he is...He'll do whatever it takes to keep from losing a guy. He's also the kind of guy to not set a time limit if there's any remote possibility that he won't be able to call or anything. This is completely not like him. If he's going on one that could even have the possibility of running over, he'll tell me that he doesn't know when he'll be able to call or text. Then I just don't worry because I know that he won't be able to for a good amount of time. It's been 12 hours past the time. I think I've rubbed the beads on my rosary down to nothing. lol

aw2x3

The worst thing you can do it think the worst. Being in for 25 years, I'm going to assume he's more than just a Ranger.
He'll be alright...just think of the smile on your face, when he does get a chance to call. :)

nw2salt08

I'll be so relieved and happy. Right now it's just a wait and see type deal and it's not easy in any way. Someone once told me that being an Army wife is prestigious and glamorous. I looked at them and said it's far from that. It's waiting for months on end and not having your significant other with you...it's long nights and long days...it's being devoted solely to your family for everything...and being completely attached to your phone and computer. It's holding your breath every time you see a uniformed person in a car driving past your house... it's making every minute count when you do get to talk to the one you love. It's sacrifice. It's not glamorous... prestigious to an extent...yes/no. Being proud...HOOAH!!!! I AM AN ARMY WIFE AND I AM ARMY WIFE STRONG!
No matter...I'll still be here. My job is tough but I would never change my life or wish that things could be different. I stand by my husband and always will.

nw2salt08

YAY!!!! I got his text just now....now I can sleep knowing that he's ok. lol Thanks for putting up with me and my worry wart moment. lol WHEW!!! Thank you God!