shrimpdady

Originally Posted by moby
"I disregard your reality and substitute it with my own."
Adam from Mythbusters
Moby

I love that show.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Ray28576
I know English was never my strong point, ya didn't have to point it out. So here is a great quote from me to you.

"True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing."
"And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all."
No offense taken though, you have a good eye.

Socrates, my fave
"My imaginary friend thinks you have mental problems."
BBB, my son has a shirt that says that!!!!lol he is 11 :jumping:

laddy

This is one we use a lot at the firm who sees fit to employee me:
I fear the Greeks, even when they bring gifts

bbb

Originally Posted by sepulatian
Socrates, my fave
BBB, my son has a shirt that says that!!!!lol he is 11 :jumping:
I do to

sepulatian

this doest go along with the joke, but very true!...."Marine Aquarium keeping is part science, part craft/art. and part voodoo!!!!!
-Bob Fenner

S

sinner's girl

You know Orion always comes up sideways.
Throwing a leg up over our fence of mountains,
And rising on his hands, he looks in on me
~Robert Frost, The Star-Splitter, first three lines
My companion and I were alone with the stars: the misty river of the Milky Way flowing across the sky, the patterns of the constellations standing out bright and clear, a blazing planet low on the horizon.
~Rachel Carson
With every passing hour, our solar system comes forty-three thousand miles closer to globular cluster M13 in the constellation Hercules, and still there are some misfits who continue to insist that there is no such thing as progress.
~Ray Floyd
On Summer:
Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance. ~Bern Williams
Summer set lip to earth's bosom bare,
And left the flushed print in a poppy there.
~Francis Thompson
To see the Summer Sky
Is Poetry, though never in a Book it lie -
True Poems flee.
~Emily Dickinson
What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade. ~Gertrude
On Fathers:
He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. ~Clarence Budington Kelland
My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys." ~Harmon Killebrew
One father is more than a hundred Schoolemasters. ~George Herbert, Outlandish Proverbs, 1640
Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope. ~Bill Cosby
Father! - to God himself we cannot give a holier name. ~William Wordsworth
Henry James once defined life as that predicament which precedes death, and certainly nobody owes you a debt of honor or gratitude for getting him into that predicament. But a child does owe his father a debt, if Dad, having gotten him into this peck of trouble, takes off his coat and buckles down to the job of showing his son how best to crash through it. ~Clarence Budington Kelland
A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again. ~Enid Bagnold
It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. ~Johann Schiller
A father carries pictures where his money used to be. ~Author Unknown
Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father! ~Lydia M. Child, Philothea: A Romance, 1836
When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years. ~Mark Twain, "Old Times on the Mississippi" Atlantic Monthly, 1874
Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes. ~Gloria Naylor
There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself. ~John Gregory Brown, Decorations in a Ruined Cemetery, 1994
It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn't. ~Barbara Kingsolver, Animal Dreams
The above two sets of quotes are from Quote Garden
I'm a mod on a quote forum, I could post quotes all day long and never run out. I also have many, many quote sites bookmarked.

S

sinner's girl

Movies:
Lilo and Stitch:
Jumba: "His destructive programming is taking effect. He'll be irresistibly drawn to large cities where he'll back up plumbing, reverse street signs, and steal everyone's left shoe."
Henry J. Waternoose: "There's nothing more toxic or deadly than a human child. A single touch could kill you. Leave a door open, and one can walk right into this factory; right into the monster world."
Over the Hedge:
RJ: "That is an S.U.V. humans ride in then because they are slowly loosing their ability to walk."
Hammy the Squirrel: "I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!"
imdb.com source for all movie quotes!

pyro

The SUV comment made me remember one. A girl I detest due to her stupidity failed her drivers test 6 times before passing... so her parents give her a huge SUV to drive. It was borderline suburban. I fear for my life on the roads now...
"Run away... Run away and never return" ~Scar

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Pyro
Save a cow, eat a vegetarian
...love that shirt as well as my meat
I love the sayings and thought it was funny as anything, but it was my 11 yr old kid!lol gotta draw the line, he has plenty of offensive shirts to wear!lol

fishykel

My Social Studies teacher would always tell us this, " Excuses are like buttholes, everyone has one and they all stink!