kitchen nano progress pics (old and new)

brooklyn johnny

Originally posted by scubataibi
are there any anemones? do you use figi or tonga lr?

I believe this rock was from Tonga, but more important is that the rock be porous and not a stone block with no holes... two rocks the same size may be very different in weight according to what coral originally laid the skeleton to form the rock... this is why I like to buy my rock locally... you save in the pocketbook too...
Originally posted by scubataibi

where did u get the fuge?

The fuge is just a small "critter keeper" made of plastic which is much easier to drill than the thin glass small aquariums are made of...

nemolover

brooklyn
I dont know whats better your tanks, or your pics. My compliments to you Sir! Your tanks are always a pleasure to see.

brooklyn johnny

Thank you all!
scubataibi, I had a very small amount of sand to cover the bottom, and the water was pumped up to the fuge via a Minijet 404 powerhead.
Nikolai, I'm in Leesburg, west on Route 7 from Mclean...

gwiley

i miss looking at those pics ever since they updated the site, would it be okay if you posted them again i would be very greatful :happy:

brooklyn johnny

Are all of the old images gone for good? This would be very unfortunate, but it did force me to search through some old images which was quite enjoyable... here's just a small fraction of my nano from a couple of years ago... This first one showing why it was "the kitchen nano"!