Kordon Ich attack, new tank? Help please

hello, I'm in the process of moving a 37 and 30 into a 55
So far I have taken everything out of the 37 and put it into the 30.
Only thing left in my 37 is 2 fish w ICK
I bought some Kordon Ich Attack.
Would it be ok if I added it to the 37 to treat the fish? Its got sand, and water. I took the carbon out! and one powerhead working.
Or should I put the two fish in this small 15 gallon to treat them?
Did I mess up moving everything to the 30? Did I just transfer the disease to the other tank by putting all the liverock and corals in there?
And last question,,, do I just pour it in the tank as directed or is there anything else I should do? The directions are very non specific!

colbalt60

well yes you just transfer the ick to the main tank now. the 55 is considered contaminated. what i would do is finish moving everything over to the 55 except the fish which will remain in a smaller tank and treat with hypo salinity. hypo is done by using a refractometer to bring your salinity down to 1.009 and leave iot that way for 8 weeks from the last site of ich. and the 55 will have to remain fishless for the same time period. corals rocks and inverts are fine in the main display at your normal salinity range of around 1.025. i hope this helps you. make sure you also monitor your levels including ph.

spanko

Originally Posted by jayking232003
http:///forum/post/2982815
hello, I'm in the process of moving a 37 and 30 into a 55
So far I have taken everything out of the 37 and put it into the 30.
Only thing left in my 37 is 2 fish w ICK
I bought some Kordon Ich Attack.
Would it be ok if I added it to the 37 to treat the fish? Its got sand, and water. Do you plan to use the san in the new tank? If so take it out now and treat the fish. Look into doing hyposalinity instead of the Ich Attack though if you can. I took the carbon out! and one powerhead working.
Or should I put the two fish in this small 15 gallon to treat them?
Did I mess up moving everything to the 30? YesDid I just transfer the disease to the other tank by putting all the liverock and corals in there? Yes. The tank will need to sit without fish for about 6 weeks to kill off the parasite.
And last question,,, do I just pour it in the tank as directed or is there anything else I should do? Cannot answer have not used the product.The directions are very non specific!
Your fish need to be treated before going into the new tank. This will take some time and allow the new tank to be without fish for the requisite 6 week period. Go to the disease forum and read the first two posts there for more information.

Kobalt! I haven't put anything into the 55 yet! I just moved it all to the 30! DT is still waterless! My whole Idea was to use all the water and sand from my 30 and 37 to fill my 55. But when I noticed the two fish had ick, I just stopped! This was after moving all my rocks and inverts and corals to my 30. Like I said, only thing left in my 37 is the fish!
Should I dip my rocks into something before placing into the 55 to help kill stuff? Will it kill the corals attached to the rock? Its two kinds of shrooms, star polys, 3 different zoos and polyps
Spanko! headed there now!

spanko

I would go ahead and move everything except the fish to the 55 gallon, set it up and run it just like you would do if it had fish in it. Just don't put any fish in it for 6 weeks. I would treat the fish in the 30 or the 37 without any sand or rocks or coral and do hypo on them. Hopefully you get some direction on this from the disease forum.

E

eric b 125

jay: this is what i did, and its working wonderfully. use the 37 gallon as a hypo tank. do a bare bottom qt with it and just put the fish in there. you could move the rest of your stuff to the 55, and once it is without fish for a month (the amount of time it will take to hypo your fish) the ich parasite will have died from all the LR and sand since it needs a fish host in order to survive. once you have properly done hypo, and your fish are back to the salinity of the DT, then you can drip acclimate them into the 55. ich cannot live without fish, so it will "starve" to death in a fishless system.

ok, so I couldn't use the 37 cause it still has the sand in it, so I used my eclipse 12, nothing on bottom, lowered salt to 1.010 so far, but did the swap outs to lower it, my six-line is just chillin at the bottom. My clown is swimming around like normal. I got a powerhead and the eclipse built in filter running. temp at 80.
I just got the 55 filled with saltwater, found my first problem,, my canopy won't fit cause the bak pak sits up to hi. here we go!!!
Anyways, more concerned about my fish. Am I doing this right?

well,, i guess I screwed up! I totally missed the 48hrs part. Its down already. I just left my 37 where it was, drained someinto the 15g, added freshwater, checked, swapped fish, , then put the 12g below it and did the same thing, the temp was tested before i added it,78, tank was 80. My chick and me lifted it up on top of the counter. I read in this book that a osmotic shock could help! what do u think? They are both cool right now!

ok, so this morning they are still alive. I added more Kordon Ick attack like it says, kind of crazy, I could see the white spot close to his head only hanging on by a thread. Hasn't come completly off yet. He is chillin on top of the filter intake.

meowzer

Originally Posted by jayking232003
http:///forum/post/2983750
ok, so this morning they are still alive. I added more Kordon Ick attack like it says, kind of crazy, I could see the white spot close to his head only hanging on by a thread. Hasn't come completly off yet. He is chillin on top of the filter intake.

Originally Posted by spanko

http:///forum/post/2983763
HUH?

That's what the OP said...

YES! Right after I checked on them, I added some more Ich Attack as it states: Add 1 teaspoon for every 10 gallons daily. I'm using a 12g
I made some waffles and set down to eat. Looked over and he looked weak, so I walked over there and the white "spot" flake looking thing..... Was waving in the flow freely, but barely attached... Right now it is flat again... I know.. weird! Wonder if I should up dose it a little more tomorrow and see what happens? It say it may be increased 50 to 100 %

spanko

Probably need Beth to say for sure but I don't think you are supposed to do both things at once. Either hypo or medicate but not both.
Ms. Kitty my reading is "hanging on by a thread." not hanging form its head. Whattup no coffee this morning??

E

eric b 125

OP= original poster
if you are treating your fish with hypo dont dose medications. that's the whole point of hypo: to kill the parasite without meds. its the safest way to treat ich. safe for the fish and safe for the tank. by adding these medications i think you could just be worsening their condition.

E

eric b 125

also, you may have gotten away with dropping the SG real quick, thats not to say the fish liked it, but when you raise the SG you MUST do it slowly. i think the suggested time frame is a week. fish can handle a quicker drop in salinity than rise.