LARGE Plywood Tank Build

bronco300

lol, was that picture not good enough huh? I'm out of town right now so no news from me. THe fish are doing great , but no new changes right now with christmas coming up etc...have to have money for that.

scsinet

So this is what it looks like when someone keeps up with their build thread...
I should be ashamed of myself.

spanko

Originally Posted by Bronco300 http:///forum/post/2856881
lol, was that picture not good enough huh? I'm out of town right now so no news from me. THe fish are doing great , but no new changes right now with christmas coming up etc...have to have money for that.

We need updates, pictures and anything else to satisfy our voyeuristic tendencies. Otherwise you are opening up yourself to being.....
BANNED!

bronco300

lol, you poor people...i know im such a slacker..nothing really has been goin on..the sumps arent up yet. i'll maybe get some pictures up soon

chris17

So......is it soon YET? I am pretty sure you could repost old pics and nobody would even complain...lol Take some pictures of your hermits, if you have any that is.... anything will do....
You know, we may put you on a picture posting deadline.... at least 1 pic every 10 days or so, that may suffice. You will have to run it by spanko first to make sure that soon enough for him

jtrzerocool

i havent been around here much anymore... looks like you have made great progress on the plywood tank... great job bronco...

bronco300

weeeelll I do have an update actually, brandan just brought over one of the two sumps..and man the thing is a giant, it looks like a great tank if i could make it one, its a thing of beauty...but i think i'd be on the street extremely soon if i tried making it a tank.,lol....SO now it's time to start drilling it

deltablack22

Originally Posted by Brandan
http:///forum/post/2843897
Have fun sleeping at night with 20mm glass. I would HIGHLY recommend calling a reputable tank builder to confirm the glass thickness on a tank of that magnitue. To do a tank that is 8" long, I could see something with 24mm glass or greater MAYBE; but to do two more panes of glass that are over 3" long, that is where I would worry. You will have a TREMENDOUS amount of pressure that will be placed at the bottom depths of the tank with a height of 40+inches. Read into Bernoulli laws of fluids a little, you will soon see how great the pressure rises in relations to the depth of your fluid.
Wow, something so informative yet ignorant.... Inches = " and Feet = '.... You've got me all jacked up... can your "laws" even be trusted?

nwdyr

HMMMM it took 20 pages and 997 posts to get water in the tank and only 4 more pages and about 150 posts before........NOTHING

try2wryte

OK dumb question... how do you find/use that google design program that you drew the tank with? It's far in the future butonce i have my sea legs i intend on building an in wall tank....

bronco300

nothing has been really happening much with the tank, I have both sumps that I'm in the process of drilling...I have to find a diamond bit for drills cause i just hate useing my dremel that doesn't want to keep power long...I have more rock waiting for me, I just haven't put it in the tank yet...should be great once its in....but my tank fund has run dry so i havent been able to do a ton with it right now

spanko

Originally Posted by Bronco300
http:///forum/post/2914096
nothing has been really happening much with the tank, I have both sumps that I'm in the process of drilling...I have to find a diamond bit for drills cause i just hate useing my dremel that doesn't want to keep power long...I have more rock waiting for me, I just haven't put it in the tank yet...should be great once its in....but my tank fund has run dry so i havent been able to do a ton with it right now

I call
Missus probably won't let him play any more.