LARGE Plywood Tank Build

acrylic51

I know about the tank funds running low......I don't seem to be making much progress either, but I'll be picking your brain shortly.......On your mitered 45 reinforcement pieces...after you glued them in place did you seal any of the gap with epoxy or did you just continue and lay the fiberglass?

bronco300

OK OK, here is a MOVIE for you people...Yesterday I finall worked more ont he lightrail system to get some lights up....ANd behold, onependant is ont he rail and working great....I just have to get a few more pieces at lowes today to finish it up..then also Tuesday I should be getting some diamond drill bits so i can finish drilling the sumps quicker. and hopefully get plumbing going faster.
Now this is only with one pendant...but you can see it moving by watching the shadow casted from the brace above...i'll get another video of it in there garage later

bronco300

haha, why would i move it when i was tryingggg to show you the light moves,lol
here is another fromt he back, the video is short because of the junky camera i had at the time, but you can see it moves.

acrylic51

Originally Posted by Hefner413
http:///forum/post/2914997
Hey acrylic - not sure if you mentioned this already, but do you have a thread for your tank build?
Which build???? Last years or the new one......Been super busy since I became a grandfather this year and haven't been spending much time on the boards, but hopefully will get more free time.......Hopefully I'll get a new thread started....

hefner413

Originally Posted by acrylic51
http:///forum/post/2921001
Which build???? Last years or the new one......Been super busy since I became a grandfather this year and haven't been spending much time on the boards, but hopefully will get more free time.......Hopefully I'll get a new thread started....
the new one

bronco300

I used black pond foam for all my piping coverage..hides nicely compared to the bright white pvc
Here are some pics of the drilled sumps, and also I got some more rock a couple weeks ago so I added that in tonight...Looks better in person where you can see all the caves and tunnels, etc, but here it is:

Left:

middle:

Right:

bronco300

and everything and a movie..I'd like maybe another large piece on the top left but overall I like it and don't want to overdo the rock like I did in my 75

nwdyr

WOW....Pic's , video.....now I have no smart azz comments
Tank looks GREAT bro
Hey in the video with the light , is that metal hanging in front of it to the left from the garage door?? If so does the garage door hang over the tank when open? do you have a top on the tank? How is the evaporation? geezzzzzz lota questions!
sorry

bronco300

oops sorry I missed this one! thanks for the compliments everyone....no real updates yet. the garage door does go a tiny bit over the tank, but doesn't go over the opening...I thought it would but does not....as for evaporation it is quite a bit, I haven't figured out how bad it is yet.