Legal Action

sturner

:help: What legal action can we take for those skam artists who get our corals but we never recieve the trade? We know the addresses, because we sent our package there, but what can we do??? :thinking:

farslayer

Breach of contract, your damages are your shipping charges and the fair market value of the frag at the time you shipped it. If it is across state lines you may have trouble collecting if you do win a judgment. Call your state bar or Legal Aid.

renogaw

Originally Posted by sturner
:help: What legal action can we take for those skam artists who get our corals but we never recieve the trade? We know the addresses, because we sent our package there, but what can we do??? :thinking:
first, i hope you kept all your emails, correspondance, etc. second, i hope you sent the parcels where the person or someone else had to sign for it (say at work).
if you did not do both of these, then you'll have no case. you'd have no proof that you were supposed to trade, or you have no proof that the person got your corals. i'm personally in the same boat, and am getting tired of the responses i'm getting from someone i sent a bunch of base rock to.
i honestly doubt you will get anything out of this though. the best thing is to make others aware and maybe someone will take pity and give you a freebie or something.

sturner

This guys name is Mark Buckner aka Mark Pitts. Someone else posted about his scam and I didn't read it until the day I shipped out my coral. On another site (--), he scammed several people, and with the help of the local police he is paying everyone back for the shipping and the costs of the corals. I still have not been able to contact him. His email address is xtremebudman01@aim.com, his user names are cokemanmark, and hunter13006. Not sure about this site. I will keep you updated to the outcome of this scam.

C

cokemanmar

Originally Posted by sturner
This guys name is Mark Buckner aka Mark Pitts. Someone else posted about his scam and I didn't read it until the day I shipped out my coral. On another site (--), he scammed several people, and with the help of the local police he is paying everyone back for the shipping and the costs of the corals. I still have not been able to contact him. His email address is xtremebudman01@aim.com, his user names are cokemanmark, and hunter13006. Not sure about this site. I will keep you updated to the outcome of this scam.

i emaild you back as soon as i got your message and am shipping tomorrow

catawaba

Insist on tracking numbers/delivery confirmation numbers.
Person 1 makes 'deposit' into person 2's account via Paypal. (This way, Paypal can help if the transaction goes awry.)
Person 2 mails their box. When person 1 receives it, they turn around and mail their box back to Person 2. When person 2 receives their package, they refund the deposit back to Person 1.
Person 1: No box received? File claim with PayPal.
Person 2: no box received? Keep deposit.
Just a thought--haven't really thought it through.

hot883

Originally Posted by Bronco300
have you gotten this taken care of sturner? i have a bit of problems too...he goes with the email reefman61686@aim.com too
Is this the same guy? If it is ok, if not lets put it in the classifieds. This is not the forum to do it in; that's why the classifieds were created. Good luck, Barry

bronco300

well he has the same name, and i posted there too, just trying to find someone else with the same person to get in touch with them about it

hot883

well he has the same name, and i posted there too, just trying to find someone else with the same person to get in touch with them about it
Ok, good deal. Good luck with that. I just didn't want people to get confused. Barry

beth

Administrator
Staff member
If you know where he lives, and the state attorney's office, then make a contact.

maelv

you have a messenger scubanoah??
what beth, report him to the state attorneys office?
why not? a coral here and there is one thing...but if he is doing it all over the place, they may be able to take action. 3 sites were mentioned here. God knows how many more he may be doing this on....

cowfishrule

it is considered mail fraud.
i got scammed on eb@y, and with the co-operation of 4 other people, the guy went away to jail for 7 years.