Lets see some pics of your: Hippo Tangs!

bill109

hello
i like to go into the lfs and see if they have hippos and just watch them for a few minutes.. call me crazy but they are a fascinating fish with a ton of personality... :cheer:
so lets see some and some names.... i know you cant resist naming these little guys.,(dory i assume?)

gasman4433

Heres mine.His name is bob.Because im sick of hearing dori.

Heres a fish list.1 yellow tang
1 hippo tang
1 sail fin tang
1 6 line wrasse
2 bi color blennys
1 lawn mower blenny
1 flame angel
2 clowns
1 sisser tail dart fish
I took the damsils out.
It is a 92 gal bow front.

bill109

Originally Posted by jayeden
can i put a hioo tank in the same tank as a yellow tang?
yeah look at their scientific name.. if the last par of the name is diff you are ok.. the yellow is zebrasoma and the hippo.. i dont know..
wha size tank is the hippo you showed us in.. its beautiful..
and what size tank are you wanting to put the yellow and hippo in? i dont wanna turn this into a tang dicussion but every now and then is fine

i like bob!
lets see some tank.size/fishlist they are in

A

agb1

Jayeden, I have a yellow and a blue hippo in a 150 and they get along fine. They have been together for a couple of years and have never had any problems. =-)

justkris9

Here is my Hippo Tang.
His name is Joe Blue.
You're my fish, Blue. I know it is cheezy but Old School was a great movie.

bill109

Originally Posted by justkris9
Here is my Hippo Tang.
His name is Joe Blue.
You're my fish, Blue. I know it is cheezy but Old School was a great movie.
o yeah it was a good movie!
theres no ice in my lemonade! :hilarious
drop down and give me 20

bill109

psusocr1 :
they look awesome all your fish tht i have seen look good come to think of it.! :cheer:

stanlalee

I've tried 100 times to take a pic of mine. everytime I get ready he moves right before I press the button. here's what I was able to get:
enjoy!

bill109

Originally Posted by Stanlalee
I've tried 100 times to take a pic of mine. everytime I get ready he moves right before I press the button. here's what I was able to get:
enjoy!

is tht a new one or the one you were talking about and he/she is going into another tank or being acclimated for some reason?
thts normal for them to lay on their side when they are acclimating right?

stanlalee

Originally Posted by bill109
is tht a new one or the one you were talking about and he/she is going into another tank or being acclimated for some reason?
thts normal for them to lay on their side when they are acclimating right?
yes going from one tank to another. they will lay on their side and play dead when trapped like that. this is why some online vendors wont garauntee them for fear someone will toss it thinking they are DOA when they are just laying on their side.

5.0stang

yeah i just posted a couple tank shots under the photography forum its called "my fish". but its a 100 gal with a 20 sump and a 20 fuge, 40 watt UV, super skimmer, carbon in sump. the pics are nothing special but it you take a look at the thread i posted it under my fish it explains why ***)

jam1e

This is my hippo the day I got him being shy:

and here's a pick from a couple months ago .. he's about .75" longer now

jam1e

by the way .. both of those shots are from my 60 gallon FOWLR .. he's now in my 90 Gallon sps reef