lets see those RO/DI set-ups

txmedic1

i'm looking for some ideas on how to set up and install my RO/DI. my DT is no-where near a water supply, so if anyone has a top-off set up, with a long run line, i'm interested to see. thanks

txmedic1

ok, so i guess no one here has any pics of their sets up. anyone have any links to some pictures so that i may get some ideas???

anonome

Here is mine, waste water goes into laundry tub, good water into a 50 gallon drum with powerhead and heater. Has gravity fed hose to fill 5 gallon buckets with RO/DI water. The water source is the washer cold water, with a y fitting. It is the red line. Hope this helps.
Oh, you only forget to turn it off once!!!
(Needed to wash the floor anyway!!)

txmedic1

***BUMP***
i just ordered my ro/di unit, so i'm wanting to know if anyone else had some pics to add so that i can get some ideas going for a nice set up. thanks.

michaeltx

if you have an auto topoff but its not close to your DT you can run it through anywhere useing icemaker tubing and run it in the basement, attic, or even the crawl space.
I just got my unit re hooked up the other day and its a complete disaster but its under the sink and I am not to worried about it being neat LOL or I would take a picture of it.
mike

txmedic1

cool, thanks. bring em' on!!!
michealtx, so are do you have a small tank under the sink, then transfer the filtered water to another holding/mixing bin?

michaeltx

I have a dual home reef unit so I have a water spigot on top and a 3.5 gallon reserve tank and a DI bypass line that I pull out to the tank with a shut off switch right now. once I get it set up I will have a resivor tank with a float switch that will open it up to topoff the tank.
Mike

t316

Here you go. My tank is in a wall with no water supply, so my RODI system is setup in the basement a floor below. First couple of pics show the setup in the basement.

Next is the top off system, which is in the cabinet below the tank. So water is made in the basement, and pumped upstairs to the topoff tank, or sump, depending on whether I want fresh RODI water, or salt water for changes (I have a switch mounted below the tank for each).

Finally, the tank (when I first set it up...it's come a long way since)

Hope this helps

S

sawtydog

cool setup t316 and thats is a really nice looking tank, did you do the woodwork yourself?

t316

Originally Posted by sawtydog
http:///forum/post/2557184
cool setup t316 and thats is a really nice looking tank, did you do the woodwork yourself?

Thanks sawtydog...I designed the cabinets to match all the others in the kitchen, but I had a local custom cabinet shop build and install them. I just finished building this house last summer.

scsdlh34

Originally Posted by Anonome
http:///forum/post/2156903
Here is mine, waste water goes into laundry tub, good water into a 50 gallon drum with powerhead and heater. Has gravity fed hose to fill 5 gallon buckets with RO/DI water. The water source is the washer cold water, with a y fitting. It is the red line. Hope this helps.
Oh, you only forget to turn it off once!!!
(Needed to wash the floor anyway!!)
LMAO!!!! - that's a great example of learn from your mistakes

t316

Originally Posted by Stachy
http:///forum/post/2557489
T316 ---- Can we see a pic of your plumbing set-up under the DT. Thanks
Well, the right side is shown up above in a previous post (it has the top off tank and the water lines coming up from the basement). Here's a shot of the left side (sump/skimmer/etc). I think thats all the pics I have of the plumbing.

reefkprz

ok my RO/DIauto top off is in a closet off to the side of my tanks. 20g holding tank over a 20g mixing tank float switches in both sumps. installed a drain in the floor of the closet for waste water (also for doing water changes) here are some pictures dont mind the mess in the closet. the PVC pipe with the ball valve on the side of the upper tank is for filling buckets or filling the bottom/mixing tank. gotta love auto top off. my next step is setting up a an OFB so I can fill both tanks without having to manually siphon water to the lower tank even though its pretty simple with my perma-siphon tube hanging there.

t316

reef...why don't you just stick a small pump on that "pvc with the ball valve" so that you can just flip a switch instead of syphoning?

T

tizzo

Anenome, I must say you have great taste in RO units.

But seriously...here's mine, and for the low low price of 7 cents a foot you to can have 20 feet of fresh water line, lol

But my top off is the aquamedic doser.

Don't mind the mess, QT in use so space is limited right now....

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
http:///forum/post/2558573
wow thats one big skimmer for that little tank LOL

Mike
I just put it there about 3 hours ago. It was sitting in my garage not in use, so I figured, what the heck...