Lets see those tanks!

btldreef

Heheheh, that was really quick and dirty....I used the healing brush to help blend and hide the seams, but any photoshop user can see exactly where the dividing line is.  What I really love about your tank is the amount of Coraline you have growing...that tank is PURPLE!!
The coraline growth is insane! I stopped scraping it off the side glass finally as ut was just a daily battle. Our Ca reactor definitely does its job!

novahobbies

One of the things I like about my tank cabinet...the side bookcases cover half of the aquarium's sides, so I only need to worry about keeping a 6" swath of the side glass clean. The rest of the glass can get as purple as it wants...the more, the merrier! I don't have enough coral to justify a Ca reactor, so I dose 2-part every couple of days. I've definitely seen an upswing in coraline patches with 2-part compared to Purple-up (which was used when the tank was cycling).

spanko

Coming along nicely Brent. One suggestion would be to get a new turkey baster for use only in the tank and blow the rock work off. Looks like from the pictures there is a lot of detritus on them and you should get this into the water column for removal by your filters.

S

siptang

Thanks buddy. I ran into few problems lately as you know already. But its coming around. Now I just have to heal my blue tang from beginning stages of hlle... dont know what is causing it sigh... maybe I didnt wash carbon enough.

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siptang http:///t/391365/lets-see-those-tanks/120#post_3510043
Thanks buddy. I ran into few problems lately as you know already. But its coming around. Now I just have to heal my blue tang from beginning stages of hlle... dont know what is causing it sigh... maybe I didnt wash carbon enough.
The carbon alone has been linked to HLLE in Tangs. I forget the details of it all but I'm sure you can type it in the search engine and there may be a write up on it.
for some reason Tangs have a bad reaction to carbon.

kiefers

Well, according to super reefer Siptang (Lol), I have not posted an update on my system for some time so here it is and please excuse the mess.
FTS Purple People eaters and neon candy canes

Aussie duncans same duncans

Encrusting jedi mind trick (sorry it's blurry) I like the way this is spreading out over the rock Mandarin

Elegance (purple tip) coral

kiefers

welcome to the site. That is a nice set up. Crisp and unlike mine at the moment,...... clean! Lol...

nano24ryan

welcome to the site. That is a nice set up. Crisp and unlike mine at the moment,...... clean! Lol...

Thanks! I will try to post more pics or make a post directed toward my tank

S

siptang

Wow great tank guys.
Keith, I totally dig your jedi mind trick. Send me some lol.
Welcome to the forum guys.