lion on the bottom of the tank

rlablan

So my lion has been really active all day but just now I am seeing him in the front corner of my tank and he is just chillin on the bottom. He is breathing normally and everything seems normal, except that he is on the bottom of the tank.
Is this normal? Should I be worried??

rlablan

He looks more "lightly" perched now but before he was like... all the way down there. He is up now though... That is just not normal for him. he is swimming around now. Thanks Cran... I was just starting to freak out.

lord fu fu

well i have no experience with lions, but IMO he seriously may have just been napping or something and that spot seemed comfortable

rlablan

lol very true. It just isn't like him which is what freaked me out, but he is out swimming and hanging out today so... I guess he is fine. I hope he is......

rlablan

Well now he is laying sideways a bit. Not totally on his side, but he is like laying there, kinda on his chin and he just looks sort of... sad.
Any ideas? Is this normal?
I really don't want him to die or something.
His tank mates are
1 sixline wrasse
1 adult emp angel
1 medium sized powder blue tang
1 medium sized foxface rabbitfish
1 orbicular burrfish
1 pencil urchin

cranberry

Aw man! You're the one with the sickly looking lion. There's something wrong with him and I trying to allude to it in your other thread. I need to go catch up on what you have posted since then. Seems I forgot to subscribe and missed a few posts.

rlablan

yes, let me take one. He is still there. I just noticed that his tail looks a little frayed too.
Also- food. All he will really eat is silver sides. They are whole and I soak them in vitamins but he doesn't like krill or my frozen cube stuff. He looks at it, but he won't eat it. Could it be something diet related? I gave him 2 larger silversides the day before yesterday and I am planning on feeding him again today, If he will eat.

cranberry

Should we talk about the lion in this thread or in the other? I kind of answered in the other but maybe we should do it here.

spanko

Renee, all of her pictures of the lion seem to have it with it's head pointing downward. Don't know if this is a camera angle thing or the fish itself, but if it is the fish is this a normal pose for them?
inquiring minds need to know!!

rlablan

He is kind of like breathing a bit harder now. Not a lot, but a little. I guess we can talk about it here. lol I dunno I answered in the other thread too but lets talk here. The pics are in the other thread though. Want me to put them here too?
I don't know what to do with him. I mean he is quite large, is it possible he is old or something? I feel so terrible.... I hate when this happens because I feel so helpless. :(

rlablan

And yes, his face is a little downwards. It may be the camera too but, he is also a little downward facing.

rlablan

Thanks henry.
I thought you were talking about the pictures I just took. I am not sure why he is always facing that way in the pictures. That is not normal actually. Today, he was swimming upward and was fine before he started laying around like this. :(

rlablan

I know. He is really not doing well at this point. He was swimming out in the open and he was totally normal, not but 3 hours ago. He was really alert and totally fine. I was in the office and I came out, and this.
All of the other fish and the urchin are totally fine. They are all swimming. The foxface is bright yellow and totally fine, nothing weird there. The Burrfish even came out and has been swimming around all happy. Did a water test. Everything is normal. No Amo, no trites, trates. Salinity is about 1.025 which is what it is always.... so not alot of flux there. There is nothing else going on in this tank that shouldn't be. I have no idea what to do but he is not looking well.

cranberry

Oh Honey, he looks very bad. How long have you had him? Did he come in with scales looking like that? Where did you get him from? The LFS?