Look at my Gifts.

jambi0n

So I come home today, and I find these guys floating in the tank. :cheer: They look really cool.
1st pix is the Emerald Crab
2nd pix is the Frog Spawn
3rd pix is the Hammers

jambi0n

Thanks Maurice,
The hammer is pretty huge, but there are a few sections on it that has dead spots.
Oh, does anyone know how long it takes for these corals to fully open up?

jambi0n

the lighting i have are the Current USA outer orbits. 2 - 150w 10k MH and 2 - 130w dual actinic and 6 lunar lights. They are pretty cool, and I hope tomorrow when the MH's are on, the corals open up.

Oceanist, what kind of fish are you thinking of getting?

oceanist

Jambi0n Im probably going to go with 2 false percs , blue tang (people say 55 gallons isnt enough for them but my buddy has had his in a 55 gallon for 2 years and its doing great) and a puffer over the first month , along with some beginner anemones , im going to build my own lights , probably PC , im not sure about doing my own MH ill end up burning my whole place down. But i did my own Aquarium stand and that came out pretty nice so im going to take a shot at the lighting , seeing that it will be alot cheaper of and also i want 2 purple fire gobies , those are awesome looking , they have so much character , along with my clean up crew , and that will probably be it , I dont want the tank over stocked , i think even all of that is pushing the limit , what do you think >

jambi0n

Oceanic, - I think you should be fine with the 2 percs, and maybe start out with a baby tang.
The puffer will snack on your inverts.
Exotic has a lot of puffers there. They have one that's gray and black, and when you look at his teeth they look like a rabbits but bigger and meaner looking. O st got their shipment today (tuesday) and they had a bunch of percs. I would also get two purple firefish gobies. I want to get another one but, the petstore only had one. Hopefully I can find a running mate for peabrain.
Good for you going the DIY way for the lights. I would do it but I might end up electrcuting myself. :scared:
Question? How is the temp in your tank? Is it pretty hot up there in El Dorado? Down here in Elk Grove, my tank fluctuates, still waiting for the chiller to come in. Hopefully tomorrow, if not Friday. :joy:
And buzzword, killer hammer... :jumping: I just freaking love that. It's freakin huge. What kind of lights you using there? And what are you feeding that bad boy? :thinking: I just hope that mine open up like that pretty soon.
Again thanks for all the info and comments everyone.

And i'll hit you up tomorrow Oceanic. I'm gonna try to go to Fairfield and check out their LFS. I heard that they have one with a good variety of fish. If I do i'll let you know what they have... Hopefully the drive is worth it.

oceanist

Jambi0n my temp fluctuates to , but i think it is because my my wife loves to run the AC i have to close off the vent in the living room. I woke up this morning to BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!
and i was like what the hell is that. turns out that it was my digi thermometer alarming that the temp got to low , but i had to take my second heater out of the tank last night so i could use it in the salt water im mixing. , but it does usually fluctuate a degree or 2 , although it has been more steady since i put a second heater in.

jambi0n

Man, I wish my tank would just stay steady like that. One time when I was cycling the tank, I came home and the temp was at 87 degrees.
good thing there was nothing inside there.
When are you going to pick up your clowns? Hopefully when they get older they pair up and make some babies... then chaching$$$ sold to the LFS.
Thats what I want to do when I get some black percs. O st has a mated pair, and I offered them $200.00 yesterday, but my friend said he'd pay $400.00. Jeez, thats a lot for some fish. :scared:

jambi0n

The hammer is still the same, I guess still adjusting to the tank. But the frog spawn is opening up. Cant wait till the hammer gets bigger.

oceanist

400 for a pair. thats insane , Id love to make money for nothing if they had little fishies , im thinking about getting the clowns from ***** , because they are farm raised , so they were for sure not caught with cyanide , but also it seems like there clownfish have been really healthy lately , ive been going in there alot investigating , and they all look healthy , i would goto Lees feed and get them , but they dont have clown fish , they have mostly more rare fish i dont even thinkl they have damsels , oh wait they have the black striped damsels , those are kinda cool looking , but i dont want damsels , that mainly why i didnt cycle with damsels , because i dont want to be stuck with them (i guess a clownfish is in the damsel family though right??) Nice Pics those are awesome Jambi0n

jambi0n

yeah, i heard the clowns are part of the damsel family, thats why they attack the other clowns. ***** has some nice fish, just make sure before you buy them they feed it. thats what i had the store do when i got the firefish. yeah, i'm not going to be going to fairfield today, unfortunately gas is killer on me right now.
i think i'm gonna go to exotic today and see what type of corals they have today. have you been checking stuff online? there was this one site that i found that sells exotic treasures. like multi-color zoos and stuff like that. way cool.