Lost Blue Reef Chromis (literally)

meowzer

LOL....Flower I live in the country.....nearest neighbor is 1 mile away :)
I have a small amount of sand because I had to qt a sand sifter for a while.....so I made a corner with sand just for it......since then the sand has gotten out....and there is a small amount on the bottom of the tank
I have no reason (yet) to remove it.......it is safe to qt fish with it, and IF I ever need to medicate anything, I do not think there is enough to really matter

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///t/392379/lost-blue-reef-chromis-literally/20#post_3483799
LOL....Flower I live in the country.....nearest neighbor is 1 mile away :)
I have a small amount of sand because I had to qt a sand sifter for a while.....so I made a corner with sand just for it......since then the sand has gotten out....and there is a small amount on the bottom of the tank
I have no reason (yet) to remove it.......it is safe to qt fish with it, and IF I ever need to medicate anything, I do not think there is enough to really matter
It was enough sand to house the bristle worms...the eaters of the dead. That's the only explanation that remains...well unless Andrew visited you. JK
I knew you lived in the sticks...that's why I laughed when I mentioned the crazy landlord. For what it's worth, I'm sorry for your loss...those are such pretty fish.

S

siptang

I like the consistency of flower' s reminder of bristle worms = eater of the dead lol. Zombie worms!!!

S

siptang

I like how they school together. I tend to over feed and they got HUGE!!!

meowzer

I have a couple of green chromis in the 225G....have had them for 4 years now :)
I have not had much luck with the blue reef ones tho :( BUT gonna try 1 more time I guess

novahobbies

Gonna order me some as well! Pretty soon, anyway. I figure the new tank will be filled in 2 weeks. While it's cycling...why not have a few fish in the QT tanks??
A month to cycle, a month to QT....seems silly to waste that time, right??
Good luck on the next order, Lois. Let us know.
Sip, do you mean your blue reef chromis got huge, or your blue-green chromis?

S

siptang

blue-green chromis.
They were little less then an inch now they are about 2"

S

siptang

But the thing is doesn't sea horses require cold cold water? I thought your tank was running in the 60s if I wasn't mistaking.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siptang http:///t/392379/lost-blue-reef-chromis-literally/20#post_3484442
But the thing is doesn't sea horses require cold cold water? I thought your tank was running in the 60s if I wasn't mistaking.
Yes, BTLDreef said that as long as I really take my time when I acclimate them, they will adapt. The peppermint shrimp are fine in both tanks and they like it warm as a rule too. Fish are not like us humans, their bodies become the temperature around them so it isn't like they shiver and are uncomfortable like we would be. The cold makes their metabolism slower and if it were too cold they couldn't move at all. It isn't cold enough to do that. So they should be fine.

S

siptang

I doubt that but that means less movement( Which I don't like) and less food (which I like).

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siptang http:///t/392379/lost-blue-reef-chromis-literally/20#post_3484463
I doubt that but that means less movement( Which I don't like) and less food (which I like).
I know it won't increase life span...LOL, and it won't slow their movement...if there is a problem it would slow their movement. I don't think it is cold enough to cause any problems. I'm sure they will still be the same little piggies as always.

travelerjp98

I knew that they adjusted to the temp. around them but I never knew that colder temps slowed down their metabolism.
Thanks flower.