Lost Blue Reef Chromis (literally)

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelerjp98 http:///t/392379/lost-blue-reef-chromis-literally/40#post_3484628
Is that why bears go into hibernation ?
LOL..No. You can wake a bear up, it isn't easy since it's a very deep sleep....but it sure is dangerous.
Animals hibernate because their food gets scarce and they adapted by sleeping until the spring when food is more available.
I know you have heard of people who fall thru ice on the lake and were submerged, drowned and not revived for up to 20 minutes because rescue efforts took that long to get to them. They could be revived without brain damgae because they were so cold. In the summer if you drown and you are not revived within just a few minutes you would be brain dead.
Boy O boy are we off topic...sorry Meowzer.

S

siptang

BTW, if bear wakes up from hibernation much earlier then anticipated, most of the time, it will die.
Now let's go back to the topic!

flower

LOL...Yes, the topic of the disappearing fish. I did miss a blue chromis when I had 5, one day I just had 4 and assumed the eaters got #5s body. Well after a week he showed up, he looked really rough too but alive. I have no idea where he was, or if he was just hiding from the others or what, but he was MIA for a week.
The funniest MIA story..I do not remember who it was, but their child loved the yellow eyed kole tang and one morning at feeding time he couldn't find it. He didn't want his child upset so he went and purchased another one...after a few days he noticed he now had two yellow eyed kole tangs.
I imagine the childs reaction..."Dad look! They dublicated!"

S

siptang

my response: er.. yea son. Since you liked him so much, I cloned him for ya for double the fun! Now you be a good boy ok? lol

S

saltymac2012

Did you check the intake of any power heads? If any are in the tank..........I found a few "missing" chromis that way, until I fixed that problem. But then again, theres been a few MIA's that were never found. I dont have a cat to blame.............

novahobbies

Lois, remember that tiger queen anthias I had that found its way UP INSIDE a resin decoration? It was hollow cast, and there was a tiny sliver of open space between the inner and outer surfaces of the walls. Do you have any decorations that might be like that??