Luvmyreef's 20g Nano Build

luvmyreef

Hello, my fellow reefers. Been a long time. This 20g is set up and running. So far it looks good. Need some coraline algae for color but otherwise going strong. Only one fish atm cause my female black and white clown jumped a long time ago. ;( I will post pics when i have a moment.

luvmyreef

HaHa. Hey guys. Life gets in the way seth. But hey this little tank is running good. Thanks for all your advice about it. ;)

luvmyreef

Hey all. It has been a long time since I was on this site. I have set up a new 20 gallon nano with 10 gallon sump. It is basically the same set up except I changed some measurements, made some adjustments, and went with it. You learn lessons as you go. So, here is the gist of it.

20 gallon aga
10 gallon sump
super nano 1in overflow kit and 1/2 in return
Danner model 3 (350 gph) return pump
Stark LED fixture (cree led's. blue and white) Will be replaced with Hamilton 250 watt HQI metal halide fixture.
Koralia pump
Jager heater
Approximately 20-25lbs life rock by caribsea
1 pair of black and white clownfish
Will be adding another fish, possibly a royal gramma.
Will be adding a cleaner shrimp as well.
Tropic Marine salt

I will be adding some coral but only a few of my old favorites (I say that now.....haha) Anyways, good to be back. Once I figure out how to post pics here, I will ;)

Last edited:

lmforbis

Wow 3 years. I take it this is a different 20 gallon than before and not the longest build in history. The scape looks really nice. So do the clowns

luvmyreef

Wow 3 years. I take it this is a different 20 gallon than before and not the longest build in history. The scape looks really nice. So do the clowns
LOL. Yes, this is a different one! I thought I would just post it under this thread. And thanks, I am partial to the cave or C shaped aquascape. :D

luvmyreef

The black and white clowns are in the main 20g and are doing great. The shrimp and wrasse are still hanging in quarantine but are looking good so far. Can't wait to start adding some coral. ;)
[/URL][/IMG]

luvmyreef

So, the wrasse is doing good, no signs of disease or ich, etc. I will place him in the DT soon. I think I will give him another week to be sure. I guess the store must of fed him flakes :eek: because I am having a hard time getting him to eat mysis or brine shrimp o_O. I will be placing an order for corals soon too. This tank needs some color! :D

luvmyreef

The shrimp and wrasse are doing good but the wrasse seems too aggressive. He will pick on the snails and attempts to pick on the shrimp but the shrimp is bigger and holds him off. My only concern is that he is a small wrasse right now and he will only get bigger and become a bigger pest. I think I might return him and chose a royal gramma, goby, or something small and less aggressive towards my inverts..... I have had a 6 line in the past and it wasn't this aggressive....geesh....:rolleyes:

luvmyreef

Lol. That's what I don't want! My female clown is bad enough, she attacks me when I put my hand in the tank haha

luvmyreef

Everything I read indicates 6 lines are agressive.
They are actually classified as semi aggressive, and many fish who are semi-aggressive can be ok. Just like the dwarf flame angel I used to have, he was great. It seems that it is hit or miss with semi-aggressive fish. Besides, I had a 6 line before who was fine as well. This one is different.

luvmyreef

Well, the 6 line has been returned and I have purchased a royal gramma and a yellow watchman goby. Both have just been acclimated into the quarantine tank so I will get pics later. :)

lmforbis

Two of my favorite fish. Unfortunately I don't have either at the moment. I have a orchid dottyback so I don't think it will ever work to have a gramma. The goby is a possibility some day.