Mantis tank...anyone remember me??

nwdyr

thats some funny s(*^T ! When I called the divers den to ask if they had any mantis , the lady said 'wait i will go look" all of a sudden I heard a mans voice yelling....she came back to the phone trying NOT to laugh. Well....he put his hand in the tank to move a rock to see what kind of Mantis it was...and....it got him! She said at first she thought he was joking , well he was not
You would think they would know better! I move stuff around in Remmy's tank , but NOT with my hands...duh! Remmy is about 3inch maybe a little more and very fat and healthy. So far the turbo is safe so I think I will get another one today because the grass is growing faster then the 1 turbo can get to it , I like a nice clean tank. So far this is the only thing I dont like about a mantis tank , not being able to have a reg. CUC

jacknjill

That's so awesome! I love how smart and friendly he seems. I have a question about your tank though, since I have the same one and am currently having an issue. Okay on the left side in the back where it has the clear part that says maximum and minimum water levels? When I filled my tank up originally it was at the upper middle level. Then, a couple hours later I went back to look at it and the water level in the third chamber was all the way to the top, like the same level as in the main part of the tank. Is that bad? And how do you correct this? What level is your tank at? Thanks!

blazin2k6

BRO !!!!! WATS UP MAN . I HAVENT SEEN OR HEARD FROM U IN SOOOO FREAKIN LONG. Hows everything going ? I wouldnt even have thought any of my old pals on here still around. I havent signed on in over a year probably until just now. IM DRUNK. LOL. Hey i have 2 kids now ! A Girl 1 yr 6 months and a boy thats 6 months born on the same date ! Hey and my two nanos are still going strong. I have been fighting hair algae and bubble algae in both but my fish are all still alive and swimming wonderful ! MSG ME WHEN U HAVE TIME !

nwdyr

Hey boys n girls....took a little break there
Sorry no new pic's today but i will get some soon!
Blazin....MY BROTHER!!! WHAT UPPPP? PM sent

Jacknjill: prob. got your answer by now , my center water level is def. not the same as the tank. I would say its about less then half , or at least thats how it looks from the window in the back
... I got a good price on this tank , I am one of the few who likes JBJ better

I just ordered the JBJ CF-Quad
...been looking at ALL kinds of tanks , but the price (299 WITH stand!) I could not pass it up , I like the cadlights tanks but shipping with them is allot! this fits my budget and the corals I want soooo JBJ it is! I will start a new thread for it as soon as I get it , maybe next week.... I have to go now and catch up on all your threads!!!

nissan577

hey nwdyr well im glad your back to update us lol
cant wait to see what you got

and sweet that you got the jbj cf one!
seen it at my lfs and love it to death! really bright! and cheap i must say!

nwdyr

I was thinkin the LED at first but BIG diff. in price! Just cant see a 450.00 diff. in the 2
This one is 3.75watts per gallon I think I could keep allot of cool stuff in that. Also I added 2 turbo's to this tank , FINALLY I have a clean up crew that Remmy wont eat
He tried a couple times , but I keep poking him when he would try to attack them and I think he kinda learned to leave them alone...is that Poss.? anyway...they are cleaning and all is good in the tank of DEATH!!!! MUUUAAAHHHH

nissan577

well its good to see that

you could keep alot in the jbj! im just happy we get to see another amazing tank by you come to life

the led is like woah! for that like you said the PC are good enough!

nwdyr

thank you....thank you very much
I cant wait! Its been awhile since I started a reef tank! I only have this one little tank right now , my mom came over to visit the other day and she even said my house looked empty without all my tanks. I have a court date on the 16th of this month , if the Ins. makes a lump sum settlement...then I may have to wait to set this up , because i want to buy a house...we will see , you know me. I am like a little kid , I cant WAIT for ANYTHING!!!

nwdyr

ok..... ....... was THAT long enough??? I think so
the tank is coming tomorrow
I will get 30 gal of water from my friends 2yr old 150gal tank , some cured LR andddd I will be adding corals by next week!! LOL...sorry kids , I cannot join in on the "patience thing"

florida joe

I will get 30 gal of water from my friends 2yr old 150gal tank ,
I know this is just because you do not have 30g of ro water on hand..................right

nwdyr

I picked up a small bubble coral , I will get a better pic of it later. its on the top left. i will move that big piece of LR on the top , to the other tank. Then I will have some more room in here , it looks nice but in these pic;s its tilted up