Marijuana

ifirefight

Originally Posted by mie
Who thinks marijuana should be legal? Why do you or don't you?
For all you people that want to leagalize it... You should re-think your stance. I am not or have never really gotten into that type of thing....I like to have my beer though. However....IF you legalize pot...That means the Govt, gets involved...And that means regulation....paying farmers to grow it..etc..etc.. NOW ..if that does happen..the quality and the potencey of you herb will go WAY down. Right or wrong....Thats my take on it.

Originally Posted by mie
Who thinks marijuana should be legal? Why do you or don't you?
Do you think is should be legal? Why or why not?

mie

It should not be legal. My reasons vary from unmotivated people, To another product on the market that impares peoples judgment.

salty blues

Originally Posted by mie
It should not be legal. My reasons vary from unmotivated people, To another product on the market that impares peoples judgment.
Obviously, it's already on "the market".

reefraff

Gads, I would legalize it. Not because I think its a healthy habbit but just as we learned with prohabition, when you ban something many people want it leads to a black market and organized crime. The illegal drug trade causes more harm to innocent people than the illegal drugs do.

Originally Posted by mie
Ditto

salty blues

I'll bet the pharmaceutical companies would want a piece of the action. Pot is a substance that the average joe can produce himself. You wouldn't need a greedy drug company to supply it at outlandish prices like most "legal" drugs.

pontius

marijuana basically already IS legal. at least in towns big enough that the police have more important things to do than go looking for dope smokers.
should you be allowed to smoke it in public? absolutely not.
do I endorse marijuana? no, I think it's a dumb drug and the people who smoke it regularly are about 3 IQ points away from being retarded.

teen

just leave it as is. if you want it, you can easily get a hold of it. by leagalizing it, users would just have to pay taxes on it, and, as said above, the quality would go down.
idk about you guys, but around here i walk into a deli, theres a good chance somebody is out front smoking. you walk down the block, theres a good chance somebody is sitting on the porch smoking. your at the beach in the summer, theres a good chance theres somebody smoking it. its easy to get, so i dont see why people make a fuss about legalizing it. 90% of the time a cop catches someobdy with it, the cop will just take it. wont write them a summons or anything. fact of the matter is, people are just used to it, and little is being done to stop the use of it.

mie

Originally Posted by Pontius
marijuana basically already IS legal. at least in towns big enough that the police have more important things to do than go looking for dope smokers.
do I endorse marijuana? no, I think it's a dumb drug and the people who smoke it regularly are about 3 IQ points away from being retarded.
Right on
The pharmaceutical company's would lose money if it were legal.
I do however believe that the offense for smoking or posessing it should be ticket. unless you have mass quantities with intent to distribute.

jonthefishguy

2 reasons why it isnt legal... one, it doesnt have the word PFIZER on it and two, the best marijuana isnt grown in the US.

flricordia

I guess I really don't want it legalized for the reason of not wanting it easily accessable to the point that I could be entrusting the of one of my children to a surgeon that thinks he can preform a better and more focused operation if he stepped out for a SMOKE break first.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by jonthefishguy
2 reasons why it isnt legal... one, it doesnt have the word PFIZER on it and two, the best marijuana isnt grown in the US.
EXACTLY
We don't have the best here. People are not illegally buying drugs grown or made here. It is imported from warmer climates. If it was a crop grown in america then you can bet that it would be legal by now. I don't think that it should be available for anyone, but it has shown to be relieving for cancer patients.

flricordia

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Flricordia
I guess I really don't want it legalized for the reason of not wanting it easily accessable to the point that I could be entrusting the of one of my children to a surgeon that thinks he can preform a better and more focused operation if he stepped out for a SMOKE break first.
If it was legalized it would be less available to the kids IMO. How quickly can they get pot? How quickly can they get prescription drugs? It is less available than illegal drugs are, unless you have a contact.

sepulatian

Around here, cops could care less if you are smoking or dealing marijuana, they are looking for the "big" dealers. I agree with you.

burch2006

No it should not be legalized except for with a prescription. It is a gateway drug, and only begins your journey down that path (went to highschool with ALOT of stoners).

keri

It's funny how my thoughts on this subject have changed over the years but it comes down to flric's comment about the surgeon, if it is legalized what would the "limit" be? I wouldn't want a surgeon working on me with a couple beers, yet still below the limit, and if he flubs up it wouldn't be his fault because he's below the "limit" Who's to say??
I think the ppl who want it can get it pretty easily (you want me to hook you up? lol...j/k) no need to legalize it. I'm not saying the penalties should be stiff for posession....what you do on your own time is up to you, basically i think it's fine the way it is here. (I live in BC, you have to be carrying A LOT to get in trouble)
just my $0.02